Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Simple Operative Concealment changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Simple Operative Concealment changes

TonyTricicolo
06.19.2016 , 11:05 AM | #1
In my opinion, concealment should not be tied to corrosive dart. Applying it every time is impractical in a fluid rotation. If there must be a poison on your target to recover energy from collateral strike or to trigger volatile substance then let be applied directly from laceration. Perhaps even removing the poison requirement from volatile substance all together and making it into explosive probe with a timed released detonation.

Secondly, I feel carbine burst needs to be looked at. The animation gives no clear indication that it's hitting the targets. Giving it a GtAoE reticule would suffice.

Other than those two concerns, I feel that this is one of most satisfying classes to play in the game. The versatility alone makes concealment operative swtor's hidden gem.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Excise
06.20.2016 , 08:07 AM | #2
The general idea is that the "...if you have a DoT running" abilities will be taken are of by the DoT that comes free with Backstab.

Corrosive Dart is great if you have extra energy and/or are going to be out of melee range.
[[The real Revan wouldn't go crazy and kill the Emperor with an insane ceremony. The real Revan would get smashed on stims until his eyeballs bled, abuse the insane pathing AI, and reload the instant something went wrong. He would be unstoppable.]]

QuiveringPotato
06.20.2016 , 04:25 PM | #3
Changing Volatile Substance's damage requirements also means taking away the creativity of timed burst.

Corrosive Dart is fine for the spec, in most PVP fights, you don't even really need to use it.

And yeah, Carbine Burst definitely needs a change. I'd prefer it to be a tech attack, and also either a PB-AOE or a placeable 10m range, 5m diameter AOE.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel