Stop rewarding passive gameplay!

snaplemouton

This game reward passive gameplay way too much!

1. Warzones

To win Alderaan or Novare Coast : Have the best zerging group with more gear or better classes. No strategy involved in defending only 2 nodes.

To win voidstar : zerg on the doors. No strategy involved at all.

To win huttball : Stack the Jedi/Siths and put the Non-force users aside cause they are useless for the objective of the game. (At the exception of Vanguard/Powertech)

Why? Is it hard to make a 4+ nodes warzones? How about a CTF? And you do know Strand of the ancients is bad. Why making voidstar.

Huttball would be nice if force speed, force leap and friendly pull would make you drop the ball.

2. Grinding

Battlemaster grind is so long you just give up trying.

Recruit gear is so crappy you can't even win against a very bad battlemaster as a very good recruit unless your class allows you to do it.

War hero grind is fine because it's the end gear.

Patch 1.2 : Legacy... you just really want us to have alts ...when we need to grind on our main to get our war hero gear and getting battlemaster is so painful you don't want to do it on any other character after doing it once. Less about dailies and more about doing WZ over WZ to get your gear. Dailies/Weeklies should reward far more then that or warzones should reward less overall in order to make it less of a grind and more of a couple hours per days so we can do something else then grind.

3. Guard

... what to say about it. Guard and forget.

Here's a simple solution : first, remove the 50% damage transfer on guard. Second, add an ability called "Martyr" with 12 seconds CD, last 6 seconds and provide a 50% damage transfer on guard. Maybe tanks will start using their taunts instead of just guarding and starting to keyboard turn while backpedaling and clicking their spells.

4. Trooper/BH

Please. Oh god please... Make this class more fun to play. Every buff/debuff is tied to grav round/tracer missile and Vanguard is a 3 buttons to DPS class. Why does my commando got half of it's bars empty while all my other toons are nearly full. Give commando an interrupt for the love of god and give them something like... I dunno... Grav boots/Jet pack which allow them to jump to a certain location not far away and smash the ground for damage and slow. Give them a reliable slow too just like force slow, leg shot or tendon blast. As for vanguard/powertech, give them more then 3 buttons to DPS please...

And yes I got a commando level 50 that I stopped playing because of how boring and mindless the class is.

Another thing I'd love to see is companions being automatically dismissed when entering PvP combat in world PvP and getting killed in PvP combat should make med probe unavailable. If you roll on a PvP server you should expect to fall in world PvP. How many of the siths called me every kind of names for killing them on tatooine during this event... Should just remove the "PvP" tag on the servers screen and put "Carebear" instead.

Edited by snaplemouton

Anyone who tries to 3 button DPS on a PT or Vang is going to die against a serious opponent. We're easily CCed and controlled due to our lack of mobility cooldowns. I have both my bars full and both my side bars because I'm using taunts, have a full set up for range harassment on enemies when my only gap closer, grapple, which is mitigated by resolve, is on cooldown.

Your problem with merc playstyle isn't something bioware needs to address, it is very easy to interrupt a grav round/tracer missile spammer, and many of them will start to panic when that happens or simply wait for it to come off the interrupted cooldown, which gives you a chance to burst them with absolutely no counter damage. If you leave them alone, you do so at your peril, there's a reason why they get so much easy damage; left unengaged they are free to wreck. The same goes for snipers or gunslingers, ignorant players beware. Its not hard to even pick up when you're getting farshotted by one because the debuff is rather distinctive, and you should be tracking your debuff bar anyway.

I have no forgiveness for anyone that LETS themselves get hit by 5 stacks of the spammer debuff, because its easy to avoid with smart 1v1 play. If you're getting hit by 2-3 spammers, your team should be joining you in engaging them, unless you're off the objectives in which case take heart in the fact that's 3 less enemies pushing your teams defensive points or scoring/defending the huttball.

Edited by KBSIP

1. Warzones

To win Alderaan or Novare Coast : Have the best zerging group with more gear or better classes. No strategy involved in defending only 2 nodes.

To win huttball : Stack the Jedi/Siths and put the Non-force users aside cause they are useless for the objective of the game. (At the exception of Vanguard/Powertech)

Why? Is it hard to make a 4+ nodes warzones? How about a CTF? And you do know Strand of the ancients is bad. Why making voidstar.

Huttball would be nice if force speed, force leap and friendly pull would make you drop the ball.

2. Grinding

Recruit gear is so crappy you can't even win against a very bad battlemaster as a very good recruit unless your class allows you to do it.

Patch 1.2 : Legacy... you just really want us to have alts ...when we need to grind on our main to get our war hero gear and getting battlemaster is so painful you don't want to do it on any other character after doing it once. Less about dailies and more about doing WZ over WZ to get your gear. Dailies/Weeklies should reward far more then that or warzones should reward less overall in order to make it less of a grind and more of a couple hours per days so we can do something else then grind.

3. Guard

Here's a simple solution : first, remove the 50% damage transfer on guard. Second, add an ability called "Martyr" with 12 seconds CD, last 6 seconds and provide a 50% damage transfer on guard. Maybe tanks will start using their taunts instead of just guarding and starting to keyboard turn while backpedaling and clicking their spells.

4. Trooper/BH

Please. Oh god please... Make this class more fun to play. Every buff/debuff is tied to grav round/tracer missile and Vanguard is a 3 buttons to DPS class. Why does my commando got half of it's bars empty while all my other toons are nearly full. Give commando an interrupt for the love of god and give them something like... I dunno... Grav boots/Jet pack which allow them to jump to a certain location not far away and smash the ground for damage and slow. Give them a reliable slow too just like force slow, leg shot or tendon blast. As for vanguard/powertech, give them more then 3 buttons to DPS please...

And yes I got a commando level 50 that I stopped playing because of how boring and mindless the class is.

Another thing I'd love to see is companions being automatically dismissed when entering PvP combat in world PvP and getting killed in PvP combat should make med probe unavailable. If you roll on a PvP server you should expect to fall in world PvP. How many of the siths called me every kind of names for killing them on tatooine during this event... Should just remove the "PvP" tag on the servers screen and put "Carebear" instead.

There is some strategy in the warzones. Deciding how you should attack, how many peopel should defend which objective, etc.

All classes can be useful in Huttball, Operative and Scoundrel are great healers therefore great at protecting the ball carrier. If they're set up for DPS they can spike the ball carrier. Snipers and Gunslingers have many roots to stop the ball carrier and also give powerful shots from a distance. Mercenaries and Commandos are also good healers, and can dish out some very high DPS.

Just because not every class is great at carrying the Huttball and scoring doesn't mean they aren't good for the warzone. Heck I've guarded agents before and helped them all the way to the goal

Guard, is fine. As a tank in PvP I make use of my Guard, taunts, and Guardian leap. Getting around 45K+ protection a game, depending.

Anyone who tries to 3 button DPS on a PT or Vang is going to die against a serious opponent. We're easily CCed and controlled due to our lack of mobility cooldowns. I have both my bars full and both my side bars because I'm using taunts, have a full set up for range harassment on enemies when my only gap closer, grapple, which is mitigated by resolve, is on cooldown.

Your problem with merc playstyle isn't something bioware needs to address, it is very easy to interrupt a grav round/tracer missile spammer, and many of them will start to panic when that happens or simply wait for it to come off the interrupted cooldown, which gives you a chance to burst them with absolutely no counter damage. If you leave them alone, you do so at your peril, there's a reason why they get so much easy damage; left unengaged they are free to wreck. The same goes for snipers or gunslingers, ignorant players beware. Its not hard to even pick up when you're getting farshotted by one because the debuff is rather distinctive, and you should be tracking your debuff bar anyway.

I have no forgiveness for anyone that LETS themselves get hit by 5 stacks of the spammer debuff, because its easy to avoid with smart 1v1 play. If you're getting hit by 2-3 spammers, your team should be joining you in engaging them, unless you're off the objectives in which case take heart in the fact that's 3 less enemies pushing your teams defensive points or scoring/defending the huttball.

I am not QQing about Trooper/BH. I think they are in line with everyone else except for assault/pyro spec which is still retarded because of 90% arp on high impact/rail shot. I'm just saying that thoses classes compared to other are extremely boring and mindless for the simple fact that the rotation is so easy a 5 years old kid can do it.

I'm not talking about being good at PvP, LoS, moving around, awareness, etc. I'm speaking simply of how the class is nothing but attractive gameplay-wise.

To the poster above, I did 300k protection in a voidstar at level 40 from guarding an healer and AoE taunt only. That's 1 button pressed every 30 seconds for my 300k protection.

Changing it to an active gameplay would make it so that good tanks will still keep people alive but bad tanks will simply let them die.

Edited by snaplemouton

As for vanguard/powertech, give them more then 3 buttons to DPS please...

Hammer shot, Full auto, Pulse cannon, Ion Pulse, Stockstike, High Impact Bolt, Mortar Volley, Explosive surge, Sticky grenade + at least 1 damage ability from the tree you are using (energy blast for example). That is 10 attack skills + various utility skills (storm, stuns, harpoon, taunts). I really dont know about you but i have all quickbars full on my vanguard, so maby try ising the class properly?

2. Grinding

if you're queueing warzones to grind, you're not playing. turn your computer off and go watch a movie/read a book/something else you enjoy.

queue warzones to play...to have fun...ignore the shiny carrot on the stick and do it for your own reasons.

if you queue to have fun, you'll get the shiny eventualy.

war hero is the current end gear...like battlemaster used to be. in another 6 months it'll be conqueror gear and war hero will be easier to get.

patch 1.2: Legacy is mostly meaningless to pvp, or to any endgame content. the only instance where legacy becomes usefull is....it makes leveling an alt easier and slightly more interesting. (you get your lvl 50s buffs! you get heroic abilities - tied to heroic moment! you get....companion dancing!)

1. Warzones

Non force users are not useless, there is more to huttball than just running the ball. A well played sniper/gunslinger is very nice to have to controll middle, and defend, their short CD ranged root makes crossing the fire with the ball nearly impossible if they know what they are doing. Merc/Commando healers are very nice healers to have, they can become uninteruptable for 12 seconds, and the dps specs of each are not bad for putting the hurt on a ballcarrier either. And as for OP/scoundrel Their heal spec is one of the best and most mobile in the game currently, one of them guarded and following your ballcarrier can keep him rolling through a ton of dmg, not to mention stealth to the endzone to catch a pass up from the pit.

I really wish the glory hounds would stop claiming that any class that doesnt have the fancy skills suited for running with the ball are useless, a football team of all wide recievers quarter backs and runningbacks would get killed, so would a huttball team without any supporting classes.

*snip*.

1. there is a huge amount of strategy involved. defeating a zerg is not difficult, you simply bait them and then counter-attack

2. the grind is no where near as bad as the RNG tomfoolery we had at launch. at the moment it is somewhat difficult to get BM gear b/c of the terrible warzone rewards, but hopefully bioware fixes that. (clink the link in my sig for a good idea!)

3. guard requires you to be within 15m of your guarded target, so "guard and forget" isnt gonna help much, as you have to pay attention to where you are in relation to your teammate. plus most tanks use their taunts in combination with guard, which is a very good combo.

4. if you only have half of your skill bars filled, youre playing trooper/bh wrong. vanguard requires a lot more than 3 buttons to be successful at DPS or tanking, if you think otherwise you havent met any good ones. trooper also has access to a reliable slow tied to the plasma cell dot, availabe in the assault tree. you can also get a slow tied to full auto in the gunnery tree.

you do not sound very informed on the underlying mechanics of combat in this game.

Hammer shot, Full auto, Pulse cannon, Ion Pulse, Stockstike, High Impact Bolt, Mortar Volley, Explosive surge, Sticky grenade + at least 1 damage ability from the tree you are using (energy blast for example). That is 10 attack skills + various utility skills (storm, stuns, harpoon, taunts). I really dont know about you but i have all quickbars full on my vanguard, so maby try ising the class properly?

Want me to make the full list of every damage spells other classes have?

The rotation of nearly every spec for trooper come down to 3 over used abilities and a couple situational abilities like Mortar Volley and hammer shot.

if you're queueing warzones to grind, you're not playing. turn your computer off and go watch a movie/read a book/something else you enjoy.

queue warzones to play...to have fun...ignore the shiny carrot on the stick and do it for your own reasons.

if you queue to have fun, you'll get the shiny eventualy.

war hero is the current end gear...like battlemaster used to be. in another 6 months it'll be conqueror gear and war hero will be easier to get.

patch 1.2: Legacy is mostly meaningless to pvp, or to any endgame content. the only instance where legacy becomes usefull is....it makes leveling an alt easier and slightly more interesting. (you get your lvl 50s buffs! you get heroic abilities - tied to heroic moment! you get....companion dancing!)

Thanks I know everything about that... I'm legacy 39 and I got the 4 classes buffs and legacy skills.

Doesn't mean they need to make this game a grind fest to start being competitive and actually have fun from not hitting like a wet noodle.

1. there is a huge amount of strategy involved. defeating a zerg is not difficult, you simply bait them and then counter-attack

So because there is very few (Not huge at all) strategy involved it means it's fine. No room for improvement?

2. the grind is no where near as bad as the RNG tomfoolery we had at launch. at the moment it is somewhat difficult to get BM gear b/c of the terrible warzone rewards, but hopefully bioware fixes that. (clink the link in my sig for a good idea!)

Using the bad old system to excuse the bad new system? Again. No room for improvement?

3. guard requires you to be within 15m of your guarded target, so "guard and forget" isnt gonna help much, as you have to pay attention to where you are in relation to your teammate. plus most tanks use their taunts in combination with guard, which is a very good combo.

15m is huge and it's still guard and forget. -_-

4. if you only have half of your skill bars filled, youre playing trooper/bh wrong. vanguard requires a lot more than 3 buttons to be successful at DPS or tanking, if you think otherwise you havent met any good ones. trooper also has access to a reliable slow tied to the plasma cell dot, availabe in the assault tree. you can also get a slow tied to full auto in the gunnery tree.

I have 36 keybinds on all my characters and I'm missing some for gunslinger, scoundrel and guardian. Only 20 of them are used on my commando.

Combat medic got only an AoE knockback that slow for a very low amount of time.

Gunnery Full auto slow ISN'T reliable at all.

Edited by snaplemouton

So because there is very few (Not huge at all) strategy involved it means it's fine. No room for improvement?

There is room for improvement, but your suggestions would make it worse than it is now.

Using the bad old system to excuse the bad new system? Again. No room for improvement?

It's already extremely easy to get BM gear, giving it to everybody for free won't improve anything. There is room for improvement in gear itemization and warzone reward system (latter is supposed to get fixed next patch).

15m is huge and it's still guard and forget. -_-

Bad tanks are bad.

I have 36 keybinds on all my characters and I'm missing some for gunslinger, scoundrel and guardian. Only 20 of them are used on my commando.

So, is it 3 button class or 20 button class? Besides, what makes you think that 20 keybinds is not enough for a class to be interesting?

the problem isnt so much a lack of stategy, but more a lack of strategists willing to step forward and take command, combined with the willingness of solo puggers to completely ignore any attempt at working with others and run off to do their own thing because they think they know better.

Ok I'm not gonna answer back to trolls.

the problem isnt so much a lack of stategy, but more a lack of strategists willing to step forward and take command, combined with the willingness of solo puggers to completely ignore any attempt at working with others and run off to do their own thing because they think they know better.

It's easy...

Huttball : Get a tank with a tank guarding the tank. 2 healers. 4 others = Friendly or ennemy pulls.

Voidstar : Everyone zerg the same door to wipe the ennemy and try to cap the door. If enough damage you won else you have to hope that the ennemy is retarded enough to not do : 1-2 per doors. Rest zerg door that is being zerged.

Alderaan and Novare Coast : 2 per owned turret. Rest zerg the turret being zerged. If only 1 turret, keep 1 at a turret and zerg the turret with the less amount of people in hope that you can wipe them and capture turret.

The time to go between both turret is so short killing 2 people on a turret and doing a 8 seconds cap is near impossible.

1. Warzones

2. Grinding

3. Guard

4. Trooper/BH

Disagree with 2/3 or more of what you said.

You don't seem to have an in depth clue about anything. Probably not worth discussing with you.

If you look at the current warzones, the games turn very much into what is essentially a 6-7 v 6-7, if you were to actually spread the games out to a more dispersed tactical affair, you'd end up with a lot more 1-3 v 1-3's, which would then require them to balance classes a little differently.

If you look at the current warzones, the games turn very much into what is essentially a 6-7 v 6-7, if you were to actually spread the games out to a more dispersed tactical affair, you'd end up with a lot more 1-3 v 1-3's, which would then require them to balance classes a little differently.

Or make 12-16 mans warzones.

CTF is perfect for 8 mans. Huttball too.

A base objective map is better with more then 8. And only 3 bases will always lead to zerging.

A mixed PvE/PvP warzone is better with a huge amount of people.

Voidstar doors should be in novare coast (dominion) capture style. Fill up the bar to plant the bomb. Fill it down as a defender or disarm if the bar is full.