How many pure pvp'ers even sub? Gear treadmill 🏃 forces subs.

Rion_Starkiller

There are multiple free to play games built around a non-profit model, swtor, however, is not one of them.
I'm not aware of any F2P games that are "built around a non-profit model". They are absolutely intended to make a profit. Instead of from subscriptions, they just make it in other ways, mostly via some sort of "cash shop". Or through ads. Or both. And the ads often promote other "free" games (from the same "studio", of course), likely in the hopes that if you don't like Game A enough to spend money in its "cash shop", you'll like Game B better and spend money on that one. Or if you do like Game A enough to spend money on it, you'll like Game B, too, and spend even more money in its store. And then of course, there's the "pay X amount to remove ads" model. But whatever the strategy, the goal is to get you to spend money, one way or another, and thus generate profits.

I haven't spent money on this game in a long time. I was having a friend buy my sub but then I quit back in May with the sub time lapsing in August. I just use referral links to be able to post on the forums now. XD The upcoming gear grind update reinforces my belief to never fully come back to SWTOR unfortunately.