Restart Onslaught

LordVitalus

• 5 months later...
Is there a way to restart Onslaught? I think I've missed some of the saboteur choices.

thats what i also like to know sins my romance with lana is Fed i discovered it 2late and 2late to get nadia sins i got her and didn't chose the romance option so my shadow is single new :( i could use restart onslaught option with it also removing nadia cause if she is not removed i won't be able to redo romance choice so far from testing replaying chapters with my sorc i discovered romance locks are hard saves at least in fallen empire and eternal to it to work there should be erase chapter button cause overwrite doesn't work

with onsalught restart i could somewhat save my char

Edited by SugramRaven

thats what i also like to know sins my romance with lana is Fed i discovered it 2late and 2late to get nadia sins i got her and didn't chose the romance option so my shadow is single new :( i could use restart onslaught option with it also removing nadia

Nadia's return happens *before* Onslaught. (It is part of the Jedi Under Siege package, which is separate from Onslaught.)

cause if she is not removed i won't be able to redo romance choice so far from testing replaying chapters with my sorc i discovered romance locks are hard saves at least in fallen empire and eternal to it to work there should be erase chapter button cause overwrite doesn't work

It is not just the romance locks that are "hard saves", and in fact, they aren't, themselves, hard saves at all. In theory, *all* decisions you make between the "hard save" points are discarded if you skip forward without passing the save point after the decision, although some reports suggest that it's much, much more complicated than that.

In theory, if you start KotFE normally and (taking one decision as an example) play through to Chapter VII, and save the reactor in Chapter III, that decision is not saved if you skip forward before reaching the save point at the end of Chapter IX, but if you play through and skip forward after beginning Chapter X, it is.

In theory.

In practice it might not work exactly like that.

There is then the question of the chapter-repeat system not rewriting the past, which could be confused with a "hard save" system, but it isn't, or at least not in the sense that "hard save" is usually used here on the forums.

Replays that could rewrite the story would be ... stressful. Lots and lots of stuff later in the stories depends in some way on the earlier stuff(1), so replaying a chapter for Conquest (objective: "Chapter Master") would *have* to clear your progress in all the chapters and story elements that follow...

(1) Example: there's a section of the conversation in Hearts and Minds, the last step before Onslaught, that depends on a decision you make in Chapter X of KotFE. If you decide one way, that section just plain *doesn't* happen, and a comment you can make on Mek-Sha during Onslaught becomes impossible to reach.

with onsalught restart i could somewhat save my char

No you couldn't. (See above. Nadia's return is not part of Onslaught.) That said, there are hints that Arn and/or Tau will be romanceable.

Overall, I think that history-rewriting by chapter-replay is a non-starter. The havoc it would wreak on the stories would be ... epic, and nobody here wants the plethora of new bugs that would accompany it.