Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware learn to class balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Bioware learn to class balance

Alanchamathil
11.28.2017 , 04:54 PM | #1
First of all, you need to understand the word balance, because clearly, you don't understand it. So, I recommend you take your balance team back to school.

Give DPS assassin/shadow their Phasewalk and Damage reduction back.
Brysheg Lóvé
Give Sith Assassins their PhaseWalk and Crushing Darkness back!

Kirtastropohe
11.29.2017 , 09:45 AM | #2
The taking away of Phase walk really was a slap in the face. Especially when they first slapped us by giving it to the sorc/sage and then screwed us again by essentially saying "we know you assassins/shadows will be in the line of fire all the time as we make you stay within a few meters of your target. LOS really isn't an option for you, and we know you're going to be focused and could no doubt use an extra escape, but screw you, we're taking it away from you and letting the sage/sorcs, the classes we already appeased by giving them the ability we designed for you, keep the ability that you should have."

xDaytona
11.29.2017 , 09:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Alanchamathil View Post
that would be good

Raveon
11.29.2017 , 02:32 PM | #4
signed

May the force serve you well
Twitter Referral Link

Evolixe
11.29.2017 , 05:49 PM | #5
I still don't think we can just be given pw right now and be called balanced.. however, like I quite clearly demonstrated on reddit I wholehearthedly disagree with recent movements in balancing defensives.

That stun dr is direly needed by BOTH the DPS specs.
And Tanks have no business with it.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Asaxor
11.30.2017 , 05:26 AM | #6
Amen.

bluesoldier
12.01.2017 , 12:49 AM | #7
I quit playing for a few years and came back, and kept trying to set my phase walk in a match. I asked people why it wasn't working, Oh, you don't have it anymore, only sorcs.

WHY SORCS?? THEY HAVE A SUPER BALL FOR **** SAKE! GIVE ME A SUPER BALL AND TAKE IT FROM SORCS THEN!

I can definitely see lack of phasewalk impacting my ability to be slippery and hard to kill, I am not quite sure the reasoning behind taking it from me because I am a stealth class after all, I am supposed to be slippery and hard to kill.
ANGRAD - BLUESOLDIER - RADHILI - CHELHIS - FULLEE
THE RELENTLESS LEGACY
R E I G N IS DEAD AND GONE!

nyrkverse
12.01.2017 , 01:10 AM | #8
they *felt*™ assassins/shadows were too mobile. that was the reason given for the Grand Theft Phase Walk, pretty much verbatim. Which is still more informative (*snort*) than what happened for the very recent removal of stun DR mind you, we didn't even get a "we felt" BS about that.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Lord_Unterhemd
12.01.2017 , 01:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
they *felt*™ assassins/shadows were too mobile. that was the reason given for the Grand Theft Phase Walk, pretty much verbatim. Which is still more informative (*snort*) than what happened for the very recent removal of stun DR mind you, we didn't even get a "we felt" BS about that.
Too mobile? Why do Operatives still have a shadowstep and two immunity rolls then? Why do Snipers have a Roll (and a reset cooldown for that roll) while the class is designed to be stationary? Why can literally every Range DPS (except for snipers (thank god)) cast skills while moving? Why do Sorcs get Force Speed, Phasewalk and an "Oh **** Squirrels!"- Paladinbubble? Why do Fury Maras get a ******** of immunities, jumps and rootbreak predations? Why do Juggernauts get a ******** of jumps and dashes?

Literally EVERY Class right now is more mobile than Assassins x) Great Job Bioware!

I mean, what do you people expect of a Dev-Team that can only play Sorcs/Sages on their Devstreams?

Here a video to show you people why bioware can't properly balance this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwsiHUURPTc

Enjoy yourselves and have a good laugh!

P.S.: Not my video.
Slevrina / Assassin Diehard

Asaxor
12.01.2017 , 05:13 AM | #10
Phasewalk was not a mobility cooldown, but a def cd. (which sins desperately need)
And the BS about being "too mobile" was when we had 30s force speed cd and were significantly less mobile than now.
The only reason I can possibly imagine having anything to do with mobility that needed to be nerfed were the phasewalk shenanigans PVE tanks could do to cheese boss mechanics.