Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Intangible Spirit Redesign


starcmarc's Avatar


starcmarc
11.27.2017 , 09:53 PM | #1
"The Intangible Spirit utility has been redesigned and now reduces damage taken from area of effect attacks by 30% for the Infiltration and Serenity disciplines and reduces damage taken while stunned by 30% for the Kinetic Combat discipline."

I would love to hear the rationale behind this.
Starmarc | Manila Ice | IceCream Man | Chewbacla |
Manny Pacquiao | Sexy-time

<My Ninjas>

nyrkverse's Avatar


nyrkverse
11.28.2017 , 01:14 AM | #2
"We felt(tm) dps assassins/shadows were living too long in situations when they should just stand there and die"

if it's any consolation, PTs and Juggs dps are losing the stun dmg reduction too. Misery loves company I suppose...
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
11.28.2017 , 04:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
"We felt(tm) dps assassins/shadows were living too long in situations when they should just stand there and die"

if it's any consolation, PTs and Juggs dps are losing the stun dmg reduction too. Misery loves company I suppose...
they have heals we don't

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
11.28.2017 , 09:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
they have heals we don't
Kolto overload is hardly a «heal»
It's only OP on mercenary ^^
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Kirtastropohe's Avatar


Kirtastropohe
11.29.2017 , 08:43 AM | #5
The whole notion of taking 30% DR when stunned away from DPS is a horrible decision, especially since they created a bad PvP system where you will be chainstunned no matter how much you try to avoid it. It is very poor judgment to take a system that was already frustrating and make it even worse by taking away our ability to mitigate some of that damage when stunned, especially given how much of a disadvantage melee is in general, these days.

starcmarc's Avatar


starcmarc
12.01.2017 , 04:03 AM | #6
The genius that thought this was a good idea, has obviously never been focused in pvp .... ever.

removing the 30% stun reduction, MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. again, what is the effin rationale behind this? other than intentionally making people quit dpsing with this class.
Starmarc | Manila Ice | IceCream Man | Chewbacla |
Manny Pacquiao | Sexy-time

<My Ninjas>

starcmarc's Avatar


starcmarc
12.10.2017 , 06:49 AM | #7
and sage has the same light armor, self heals, phase walk, bubble.... and ALSO gets the 30% stun dmg reduction?!?!
Starmarc | Manila Ice | IceCream Man | Chewbacla |
Manny Pacquiao | Sexy-time

<My Ninjas>

Greezt's Avatar


Greezt
12.10.2017 , 07:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by starcmarc View Post
and sage has the same light armor, self heals, phase walk, bubble.... and ALSO gets the 30% stun dmg reduction?!?!
Sages have better DR lol. Balance = Serenity, only they can get ~4.5% more energy/kinetic DR basically all the time by using rejuvenate (whereas Serenity can only have 30% DR for 6/45 seconds on an ability they're probably using for team utility). TK = Infiltration, only they have an extra 5% DR basically all the time (force imbalance) instead of -15% damage taken. Both also get 3% DR to all damage types with an easy T1 utility.

PrometheanDeath's Avatar


PrometheanDeath
12.10.2017 , 11:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
Sages have better DR lol. Balance = Serenity, only they can get ~4.5% more energy/kinetic DR basically all the time by using rejuvenate (whereas Serenity can only have 30% DR for 6/45 seconds on an ability they're probably using for team utility). TK = Infiltration, only they have an extra 5% DR basically all the time (force imbalance) instead of -15% damage taken. Both also get 3% DR to all damage types with an easy T1 utility.
One should really check their utilities and passives, before posting misinformation. While Serenity/Hatred has a 30% DR for 6/45 seconds on their aggro drop, Sorc/Sage happen to also have a T2 utility, which both specs have access to btw, that gives them 25% DR 6/45 seconds on their aggro drop. And on top of that a T4 utility for sages grants 15% DR 6/25 seconds on their Force mend. Infiltration/Deception does not have access to the Aggro drop DR. Infiltration/deception does have a 15% DR built into their energy regen, and a total 9% passive buff after dealing 3 critical strikes, but telekinetic/lightning also has the 9% DR just for using TB/LB 3 times. If TK = Infiltration Which it can't be btw, TK has the passive buff Telekinetic Refuge which is 9% DR, with Jedi resistance 3% DR, T2 Utility blockout 25% DR, and T4 utility valorous spirit 15% DR, on top of a light armor's 20% base DR, which if used everything has a DR of 72%. but passively 32%. Infiltration, if I choose anything that helps with DR in utility base, is a single T3 utility that increases my armor rating by 30%, which totals out to be 4.5% DR, on my assassin. And since all deception DR is passive buff based, as it's granted by attacking a target, you get 9% from kinetic field, and 15% from masked assault, and now 24.5% from armor with your T3 shadowy veil utility, that totals a shadow's DR to 48.5% both passively and if used anything.

But back to the original meaning of this forum, sorc/sage does have access to 30% DR from stun and AoE, while sin Dps just have AoE DR, and tanks having the 30% stun DR. All this has done, especially for PT and Jugg in pvp, is promote even more skank tanks because the survivability difference is too great.

Greezt's Avatar


Greezt
12.11.2017 , 12:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by PrometheanDeath View Post
One should really check their utilities and passives, before posting misinformation. While Serenity/Hatred has a 30% DR for 6/45 seconds on their aggro drop, Sorc/Sage happen to also have a T2 utility, which both specs have access to btw, that gives them 25% DR 6/45 seconds on their aggro drop. And on top of that a T4 utility for sages grants 15% DR 6/25 seconds on their Force mend. Infiltration/Deception does not have access to the Aggro drop DR. Infiltration/deception does have a 15% DR built into their energy regen, and a total 9% passive buff after dealing 3 critical strikes, but telekinetic/lightning also has the 9% DR just for using TB/LB 3 times. If TK = Infiltration Which it can't be btw, TK has the passive buff Telekinetic Refuge which is 9% DR, with Jedi resistance 3% DR, T2 Utility blockout 25% DR, and T4 utility valorous spirit 15% DR, on top of a light armor's 20% base DR, which if used everything has a DR of 72%. but passively 32%. Infiltration, if I choose anything that helps with DR in utility base, is a single T3 utility that increases my armor rating by 30%, which totals out to be 4.5% DR, on my assassin. And since all deception DR is passive buff based, as it's granted by attacking a target, you get 9% from kinetic field, and 15% from masked assault, and now 24.5% from armor with your T3 shadowy veil utility, that totals a shadow's DR to 48.5% both passively and if used anything.

But back to the original meaning of this forum, sorc/sage does have access to 30% DR from stun and AoE, while sin Dps just have AoE DR, and tanks having the 30% stun DR. All this has done, especially for PT and Jugg in pvp, is promote even more skank tanks because the survivability difference is too great.
It seems to me as if you're saying exactly what I was, only in more words and an even more condescending tone (I didn't know that was possible).

Good job.