Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is up with Depredating volts???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
What is up with Depredating volts???

Decidion
12.02.2017 , 12:42 AM | #1
Half (or more) of the time it fails to channel. This being a sin/shadow tanks best damage ability, its pretty aggravating when it fails to properly work.... something is screwed up since the 5.6 patch and this needs to be looked at.

Equeliber
12.02.2017 , 06:46 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
Half (or more) of the time it fails to channel. This being a sin/shadow tanks best damage ability, its pretty aggravating when it fails to properly work.... something is screwed up since the 5.6 patch and this needs to be looked at.
Ability channel/cast bars sometimes disappear after 5.6, so the ability should still work, it's just that the cast isn't showing. Might be that the interface part which shows the cast bar is broken.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Decidion
12.02.2017 , 07:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
Ability channel/cast bars sometimes disappear after 5.6, so the ability should still work, it's just that the cast isn't showing. Might be that the interface part which shows the cast bar is broken.
I think you are right. I did some testing on ziost monoliths and while the channeling ui element vanishes (like it was interrupted), the animation continues and I still see damage number flying off the monoliths head.

I guess its still a bit of a problem, unless you automatically know exactly when 3 seconds are up every time, so you don't interrupt your own channel with a new ability (which can be tough to do when face tanking a boss in a tight area).

Equeliber
12.03.2017 , 12:26 PM | #4
Yep, it's very annoying, especially when you need to interrupt something and the enemy cast bar doesn't appear. You can see it under that mob's HP though, so that helps.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus