Old Crafting System

Templock

Hey Bioware would you consider adding the old crafting system on top of the current system? Specifically adding the ability to RE the current purple schematics (Agrinium, Alusteel etc.) to learn the old suffix gear (Endowment, Hawkeye etc.)? I did really enjoy working towards learning those schematics that had the stats I specifically wanted.

Hey Bioware would you consider adding the old crafting system on top of the current system? Specifically adding the ability to RE the current purple schematics (Agrinium, Alusteel etc.) to learn the old suffix gear (Endowment, Hawkeye etc.)? I did really enjoy working towards learning those schematics that had the stats I specifically wanted.

Ticket Number 339388971

It is quite interesting how end game materials used to drop in more locations than just operations bosses and person versus person. This change proves to me that we are headed in the wrong direction with this game.... one sided and no balance. Starr Wars is about bringing balance to the force so bring balance to the drops for all crafters not just elite large guilds bent on promoting themselves as awesome instead they are just smooching up... IMO to get special select rewards that are catered to their requests.

Negative or positive feedback will not change the FACT that bioware has messed with the SWTOR economy in the worst way ever and now caused inflation and promotes elitists. Not the Star Wars Saga, not the star wars theme,,,

But its typical they provides solutions for one side and not for the other with our developers, but no action except for one side of the force if you create a successful game bias will fast cause it to be a failure

:)

Edited by Amunra-amunray

• 1 month later...

The primary flaw in the old system was that there were eight or nine possible combinations of stats, but only one or two were truly desirable from that tree. For me - as a dedicated crafter - it was incredibly frustrating to get the completely worthless schematics: i.e. a tank ear piece with alacrity or a healer implant with shield rating, etc.

The secondary problem was the RE chance back then. It was 20% or 10% so one could spend a ton of time and credits crafting lower level stuff to try to get the one schematic they want and feel like they'll never get it. Sure, it was beneficial for those of us that got that one desirable schematic quickly, but let's be honest that initial benefit did not last; eventually a majority of crafters got that one great schematic, supply rose, demand dropped, and value dropped.

I think what you want is something that SWTOR simply does not offer: a way for a crafter to be unique; to be that ONE crafter (or one of a extremely limited set) that can provide the galaxy with that ONE item "everyone" wants. That's just not how SWTOR's crafting system works. Even bringing back the old system won't sate that craving.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to follow up on this.

The primary flaw in the old system was that there were eight or nine possible combinations of stats, but only one or two were truly desirable from that tree. For me - as a dedicated crafter - it was incredibly frustrating to get the completely worthless schematics: i.e. a tank ear piece with alacrity or a healer implant with shield rating, etc.

So the flaw was there was too much choice? The current system has no choice at all. So what if everyone picked the same choice, they had the choice and made the choice they wanted.

The secondary problem was the RE chance back then. It was 20% or 10% so one could spend a ton of time and credits crafting lower level stuff to try to get the one schematic they want and feel like they'll never get it. Sure, it was beneficial for those of us that got that one desirable schematic quickly, but let's be honest that initial benefit did not last; eventually a majority of crafters got that one great schematic, supply rose, demand dropped, and value dropped.

Personally I enjoyed the lower RE chance. Made crafting more engaging when I had to spend time to gather mats for mass production of gear for RE purposes. The current system is boom bang done with a couple of clicks for less useful gear. It's just not as satisfying as working towards a long term goal and achieving it. And you cant make the argument that everyone getting the same schematic devalued crafting, when the current system makes gear worthless for selling. Enchancements are still selling great, but only because you can sell enhancements with the stats people want. The same can't be said for the armor and weapons crafting skills.

I think what you want is something that SWTOR simply does not offer: a way for a crafter to be unique; to be that ONE crafter (or one of a extremely limited set) that can provide the galaxy with that ONE item "everyone" wants. That's just not how SWTOR's crafting system works. Even bringing back the old system won't sate that craving.

No I don't want to be unique. I want to craft gear that has the stats I want, and then use said gear. I want to be able to craft heavy armor with Armormech without the fixed tank stats. I want to make an entire set of Armormech gear with crit or alacrity or whatever stat I feel like, instead of having to take Cybertech all the time for enhancements. Crafting and selling the gear afterwards is a nice bonus, so long as the gear is actually useful enough for people to buy.

Disclaimer: my comments refer to the current state of the game. 6.0 will probably invalidate some or all of what I have to say, probably in strange ways.

So the flaw was there was too much choice? The current system has no choice at all. So what if everyone picked the same choice, they had the choice and made the choice they wanted.

No, the problem was that there were nine different purple schematics that you REed for on RNG at a low RE chance, and only one or two were actually useful.

No I don't want to be unique. I want to craft gear that has the stats I want,

You can, up to a point. (Fixed-stats gear will always have the problem of the stat-balance being fixed and not necessarily what you want.)

and then use said gear.

You can.

I want to be able to craft heavy armor with Armormech without the fixed tank stats.

Unless you have one of those antique ("Archive") schematics, you can't craft heavy armour at all. All the current trainer-derived schematics for armour make Adaptive (automatically adapts to be heaviest your character can wear).

Heavy-looking armour? Sure, but the way it looks is no longer related to the weight. If you want a heavy look, make heavy-looking armour and put it in an Outfit Designer slot, then make or acquire gear with the appropriate stats for your character and use it in the "real gear" slot.

I want to make an entire set of Armormech gear with crit or alacrity or whatever stat I feel like

On levelling gear (with one exception, all the craftable fixed-stats gear you're discussing is sub-max, and therefore intended for *levelling*, not end-game play), the stats matter almost not at all in the current design of the game. All of it has enough stats to get you through the levelling experience to max level, and none of it (because it's fixed-stats) has a large enough usability window to be worth buying, much less selling.

MK-4 and MK-14 level 70 armour (and the same applies to weapons) isn't worth making, but not because it's fixed-stats. No, the problem with that stuff is that it's Endurance-heavy and Mastery/Power-weak and has no set bonus, and therefore significantly sub-optimal for high-tier end-game play.

Disclaimer: my comments refer to the current state of the game. 6.0 will probably invalidate some or all of what I have to say, probably in strange ways.

No, the problem was that there were nine different purple schematics that you REed for on RNG at a low RE chance, and only one or two were actually useful.

You can, up to a point. (Fixed-stats gear will always have the problem of the stat-balance being fixed and not necessarily what you want.)

You can.

Unless you have one of those antique ("Archive") schematics, you can't craft heavy armour at all. All the current trainer-derived schematics for armour make Adaptive (automatically adapts to be heaviest your character can wear).

Heavy-looking armour? Sure, but the way it looks is no longer related to the weight. If you want a heavy look, make heavy-looking armour and put it in an Outfit Designer slot, then make or acquire gear with the appropriate stats for your character and use it in the "real gear" slot.

On levelling gear (with one exception, all the craftable fixed-stats gear you're discussing is sub-max, and therefore intended for *levelling*, not end-game play), the stats matter almost not at all in the current design of the game. All of it has enough stats to get you through the levelling experience to max level, and none of it (because it's fixed-stats) has a large enough usability window to be worth buying, much less selling.

MK-4 and MK-14 level 70 armour (and the same applies to weapons) isn't worth making, but not because it's fixed-stats. No, the problem with that stuff is that it's Endurance-heavy and Mastery/Power-weak and has no set bonus, and therefore significantly sub-optimal for high-tier end-game play.

Wow. So many cherry-picked quotes from someone who apparently didn't read the rest of the post.