RUMOUR Alert!!!

Logisitcs

http://www.slashgear.com/peter-moore-to-replace-john-riccitiello-as-ea-ceo-11238212/

Are you in the mood for a whopper of a rumor? Let’s hope, because we’ve got one here for you: anonymous sources tell Game Front that Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello is about to be let go, and that current EA Sports boss Peter Moore will step in to take his place. It goes without saying that you should probably take this with a grain of salt (or five), but if this is true, it could mean huge things for Electronic Arts, which has been experiencing some stock price woes recently.

According to Game Front’s sources, Riccitiello was asked to step down from his position at Electronic Arts after the earnings call that took place on June 30. Apparently, the departure of Riccitiello and subsequent promotion of Moore is “not set in stone” yet, as EA’s board of directors still needs to vote on the change. However, tensions are rising at the Electronic Arts offices as the company’s stock price continues to fall.

John Riccitiello has overseen EA since his return to the company in 2007. It was under him that EA-published games began requiring online passes, and he was in charge when the EA Store was relaunched as Origin last year. Riccitiello is no stranger to controversy, as Electronic Arts was named The Consumerist’s Worst Company in America earlier this year.

The rumor comes just a day after Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter stated that Riccitiello had expressed concerns over being fired from the company. Pachter later followed-up by saying that though he was quoted accurately, he was merely kidding around. Perhaps he wasn’t so far off the mark after all?

The Devil you know is better then the Devil you don’t. From bad to worse if you ask me. Not to mention the fact if Peter Moore is promoted SWTOR will no doubt go F2P (seeing as how he said it's inevitable and all games should be F2P) and EA will nickel and dime us for everything we've got. This company just needs to go away.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.slashgear.com/peter-moore-to-replace-john-riccitiello-as-ea-ceo-11238212/

The Devil you know is better then the Devil you don’t. From bad to worse if you ask me. Not to mention the fact if Peter Moore is promoted SWTOR will no doubt go F2P (seeing as how he said it's inevitable and all games should be F2P) and EA will nickel and dime us for everything we've got. This company just needs to go away.

And have Activision become even more of a King of Crop? No thanks. I like some competition even though the competitors are bad.

I tend not to get wrapped up in conspiracies regarding EA and SWTOR. Especially since this game is just a piece of the EA pie. EA did well before it and will do well after it. To say that TOR is 100% going F2P if this move happens is just you throwing things at the wall hoping that someday something sticks. F2P and MTs are the future of most gaming and it has little to do with who is in charge. It has to do with how successful the model is.

Having said that, Moore was running EA Sports when Madden got the exclusive deal with the NFL. After a year when NFL 2K5 came out and REALLY challenged Madden for Football gaming supremacy. For years after that, the makers of Madden fell into a lull and put out garbage offerings every year without the threat of being challenged.

I will always be a bit resentful over that.

EA sports has known nothing but success. Maybe a shakeup is just what EA needs.

I agree with success. But you cannot dispute the decline of the quality of Madden since EA got exclusive rights to the NFL.

I tend not to get wrapped up in conspiracies regarding EA and SWTOR. Especially since this game is just a piece of the EA pie. EA did well before it and will do well after it. To say that TOR is 100% going F2P if this move happens is just you throwing things at the wall hoping that someday something sticks. F2P and MTs are the future of most gaming and it has little to do with who is in charge. It has to do with how successful the model is.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/21/eas-peter-moore-free-to-play-is-an-inevitability

I'm going off what he himself stated.

Maybe Bioware should separate from EA and run this game themselves or hand over the publishing to SEGA

That's going to be impossible for BW to do since it's owned by EA.

Edited by Aricus

I do alot of complaining about htis game, but! Its because i really love this game. I hate to say that i will have to stop playing TOR if it goes F2P. Every game i have seen seems to start sucking after it goes F2P. Plus i will not be nickled and dimed to death for ingame items. This is rediculous. I do hope this is a rumor!

That's going to be impossible for BW to do since it's owned by EA.

not really, if EA is losing money and dragging them down with them they can review their bill of sale or merger and they can challenge them and could be granted a separation. i am not up on US business law but i know this has been done before in Europe and other places

Because that is the future of pay models due to their success. How is that news?

Yes but what F2P model is he talking about?

Aion's F2P model is truly F2P and that's something that should be followed. SOE and Funcom's F2P model is super restrictive and not really F2P at all, and given EA's tract record I'm sure they're gonna go with the restrictive model and ask for money to unlock things like races/classes/missions/flashpoints and that is NOT good!

Because that is the future of pay models due to their success. How is that news?

But is the model actually successful? I haven't seen any data or articles stating that these MMOs generate a good stream of income from the F2P model. Do you know of any links? I'd like to check them out.

I do alot of complaining about htis game, but! Its because i really love this game. I hate to say that i will have to stop playing TOR if it goes F2P. Every game i have seen seems to start sucking after it goes F2P. Plus i will not be nickled and dimed to death for ingame items. This is rediculous. I do hope this is a rumor!

STO is free to play but it also has gold members that are subscribers that continue to play the game before it was F2P its only those that wish to go free to play are required to burn real money for in game stuff. I think the same system can work here, those that are subscribers play the game with no change at all to the current system but those that are wanting to play for free have to purchase in game credits to purchase stuff.

But is the model actually successful? I haven't seen any data or articles stating that these MMOs generate a good stream of income from the F2P model. Do you know of any links? I'd like to check them out.

It seems to help quite a bit. Note that these games also have a subscription option where you can pay to get all access rather than bit by bit.

EA sports has known nothing but success. Maybe a shakeup is just what EA needs.

Yeah, but look at the sports business model, release the same game every year with some minor upgrades to it. It works for sports games, because people want their favorite players and such, but it doesn't really work for RPGs where players will care more about the stories.

I think the problem with the video games industry overall is that they forgot at some point that they are making entertainment, not shoes or soap or some other mass produced product. Make it cheap, make it fast, hype it up, count the cash.

not really, if EA is losing money and dragging them down with them they can review their bill of sale or merger and they can challenge them and could be granted a separation. i am not up on US business law but i know this has been done before in Europe and other places

Bioware was bought by EA because BW cannot fund the scale and amount of projects they do? You want to complain about the ME3 ending? Alright, do that; if EA was not funding that game I doubt they would have been able to make the rest of it that is lauded that the player base forgets about.

Bioware was bought by EA because BW cannot fund the scale and amount of projects they do? You want to complain about the ME3 ending? Alright, do that; if EA was not funding that game I doubt they would have been able to make the rest of it that is lauded that the player base forgets about.

Granted, bioware are not in the capital to run independently but if they was able to legally separate from EA due to EA being a sinking ship, Bioware could be free to pick another publisher e.g SEGA or Sony

It seems to help quite a bit

. Note that these games also have a subscription option where you can pay to get all access rather than bit by bit.

Hmm doesn't seem to be enough data on how successful is the F2P model though. If subscription have gone up due to F2P then it just means that F2P is mostly a free trial to limited content.

I did a little more research and it appears that just about all or most F2P games still have their Subscription model. So it's hard to tell who is playing for free and who is still paying a sub to play.

I agree with success. But you cannot dispute the decline of the quality of Madden since EA got exclusive rights to the NFL.

Well, their NHL and FIFA games are top-notch. No one is perfect, I guess.

SW:TOR will never be perfect, either, I suspect.

Granted, bioware are not in the capital to run independently but if they was able to legally separate from EA due to EA being a sinking ship, Bioware could be free to pick another publisher e.g SEGA or Sony

How is that? BW was acquired from EA because EA bought out the parenting company of BW. I don't see how BW can leave with someone paying for it or without BW paying back EA some cash or assets in return. But like you I don't know too much about Business Law either.

How is that? BW was acquired from EA because EA bought out the parenting company of BW. I don't see how BW can leave with someone paying for it or without BW paying back EA some cash or assets in return. But like you I don't know too much about Business Law either.

I depends on the contract of sale, if EA promised Bioware that they would fund their projects but are failing to do that then they would be in breach of the contract of sale, if EA bought Bioware out then Bioware would not be able to trade as it does and there would not be a contract as the sale would be the absorption of Bioware.

I am only going by examples i have seen on the net regarding European companies,

Sorry to say this but, this game will go F2P sooner or later.

Maybe until the end of this year they will have something to say about the F2P model, depending on how GW2 performs.

And thats the only way im coming back to this game: if it goes F2P.

If anyone likes to pay for this game, send letters with money inside to EA, im sure they will love it

Im not paying $15 per month to an incomplete MMO that makes u wait like a monk for 6 months for things that should have been in the game since the very beginning (like the damn transfers and the "look for noob" tool).

And dont give me that "oh but this is a new game, give it some time"...thats fanboy crap.

This is not philanthropy, its business: if u pay for an MMO (plus, one that carries the SW name on it) u expect to receive something at least as complete as any MMO out there, not a half-made amateur crap.

The leveling was awesome, the main storylines were great and the voice acting excelent.,,and thats it....thats all SWTOR has.

If i knew this, i would have voted for a KOTOR 3 game instead, cuz thats whats BW is REALLY good at: making single player RPG´s....thats crystal clear to me now.

#gof2p