Scheduled Maintenance: September 4th, 2013 [UPDATE: Servers Available]

AmberGreen

This is the one adding the Mood Outraged and the Med Table tot he vendors right? Patch Notes?

Will this patch be changing the Contracter pack cover too? Since it advertises the Morlinger Aggressor but that mount doesn't drop in that pack??

What about the CorSec Electrobaton?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really complain about the servers being down longer than expected, if we want good running servers maintenance is a must and it should be expected. It's just like people who complain about pot holes and how crappy the roads are, but complain about work zones to fix said pot holes and bumpy roads. Patients people, that is the name of the game.

Also, if you are a subscriber to SWTOR and WoW you are just wasting money. Pick one and play it or give me that money you are wasting, it would be very appreciated since I have a son on the way in 6 weeks :jawa_biggrin:

I can't really complain about the servers being down longer than expected, if we want good running servers maintenance is a must and it should be expected.

There is no connection between the time the server are offline and how well they are running.

There is no connection between the time the server are offline and how well they are running.

Well think of it this way, if they do not maintain the servers they would be absolutely terrible. Crashes all the time, tons of latency and even more downtime fixing the active problems. Just like your computer, you have to clean it up every once in a while or it will eventually run slower and slower am i right? Who knows they may have found a huge problem with the servers that they just ran into while implementing this update that could make your computer explode in your face if you are in the right spot at the right time doing the companion dance. You never know... (obviously not going to happen so no need to be scared, or could it????)

We are continuing to work to bring the servers up as soon as possible. There is still no ETA for availability. Thank you for your patience.

Exactly, tell us what the issue is holding things up, its not a state secret.

Exactly, tell us what the issue is holding things up, its not a state secret.

Agreed, more information on what the issue is could at least help in making the determination of whether to continue waiting or to do something else. It doesn't help anyone manage their schedule for the day if you don't give us some sense of how serious the issue is. If it's related to the new cartel coin purchasing mechanism, I'd venture to guess we won't be up until tomorrow, but if its something more trivial, I might stick around a while longer.

Why does it matter? Are you going to help them fix it?

Why crush a mans dreams huh? I mean come on, it makes sense from a customer service/satisfaction view to tell us whats going on, if its a huge huge problem and seems like it will take hours and hours to fix, i'm not even bothering to stick around. But if its small like the servers are off sync by 2 seconds I could stick around and wait for them to resolve that issue.

Gonna say what I said last time this happened.

Extending maintenance 3 hours is perfectly understandable, stuff happens, stuff goes wrong.

Scheduling maintenance so perfectly understandable overruns impinge on European prime time is sloppy practice.

So they should take down the 2.4 PTS build...load the Maintenance build, test it, and then reload the PTS 2.4 build afterward?

Or do it how WoW has been doing it for ages, run the updates on PTR a week or so before going live. In other words, they shouldn't have jumped straight to 2.4 on PTR, especially since they are adding a whole new UI element to the game (in game CC purchase)

I know mistakes or errors happen, but once you cant fix it in a reasonable time.. reload it back to where it works and fix it on your time... as subscribers pay money to be here... we would like to play and keep paying.. otherwise what is the point in paying for something you are not receiving. ;) I think all subscribers should get 5K cartel credits just for this disruption to there day.:rak_01: Edited by dloch
To add something

I understand that providing me the best role playing experience I've had in two decades of gaming takes a lot of work to maintain and sometimes you have to shut everything down before you can build it up to be better than ever. That said I don't think it's unreasonable to get a timetable of when we are coming back online even if that timetable needs to be adjusted later.

I want to stress that this isn't a negative post, I've happily put hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into this game but as others pointed out it would be nice to know if I should hang around or go do something else. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in that regard.

This change to the kingpin contracts on starter worlds in one of the most idiotic fix they had come with.

I can understand how it is annoying to have your mark killed before you can capture it because one lvl 55 is nuking him/her but guess what, we 55s face the same issue when a group of 4 55s "help" you kill the NPC and we have to spam the grenade to freeze him/her fast enough. So instead of coming with a "solution" that fixes only one half of the problem why not having a real fix, like... I don't know have the mark only vulnerable to attacks of the person triggering the spawn? I guess it makes too much sense. Or it's too much work...

Furthermore I'm not sure it was even such an issue. Maybe during the first days when people didn't realize that there was a separate achievement for capture. But in the last days I have seen plenty of people helping you then holding off to let you capture the mark if needed.

I'd like to add something: it was a perfect occasion for people who have multiple lvl 55 to come back to these worlds. For instance I have 4 pub toons (one of each class) that I have grinded more than 1 year ago and I hadn't come back to Ord Mantell since then and it was great, it even pushed me to come back and complete the various achievements there. The BH event was a perfect occasion to entice players to revisit places they don't usually come back to.

I just can't understand how BW can miss what this change implies. It's like they completely lost touch (if they ever had been in touch) with their game and the players.

Edited by demotivator