StarParse Timers

Isilyn

Hello all,

Im trying to setup timers in StarParse on my Jedi Sage (Telekinetics).

So far I have a timer on my ''Weaken Mind'', and when its 1 sec from expiring it tells me to reapply with a timer on the screen and a sound. So far so good.

But when I cast ''Mind Crush'' it automatically re-applies my ''Weaken Mind'' dot on the target, but the timer and the sound still comes after the 18 seconds have gone, and not the extended duration. I have no idea how to do that? I feel like I've tried everything so far, but cant make it work.

Hope you know what I mean, and that someone can help me :D

Hello all,

Im trying to setup timers in StarParse on my Jedi Sage (Telekinetics).

So far I have a timer on my ''Weaken Mind'', and when its 1 sec from expiring it tells me to reapply with a timer on the screen and a sound. So far so good.

But when I cast ''Mind Crush'' it automatically re-applies my ''Weaken Mind'' dot on the target, but the timer and the sound still comes after the 18 seconds have gone, and not the extended duration. I have no idea how to do that? I feel like I've tried everything so far, but cant make it work.

Hope you know what I mean, and that someone can help me :D

It's not your mind crush that refreshes your Weakening mind, it's your Telekinetic Wave that refreshes weaken mind.

Grain of salt, I’ve set up a few timers in starparse, but I’m by no means an expert . . .

You should be able to set something up based on when the effect is gained or lost. I think the most effective for what you’re looking for would be an alarm telling you when the effect is lost. If you’re following your normal rotation, it should never drop off, but this would let you know if it does. The settings would be something like:

Trigger on: Effect lost

Source: You

Target: Other

Effect: Weaken Mind

Duration: 0

Cancel on: combat finished

But you could set up a timer based on the effect being gained if you wanted to, I think. Just seems like more alarms going off than you really need.

Check out http://ixparse.com/features/ for more info

Grain of salt, I’ve set up a few timers in starparse, but I’m by no means an expert . . .

You should be able to set something up based on when the effect is gained or lost. I think the most effective for what you’re looking for would be an alarm telling you when the effect is lost. If you’re following your normal rotation, it should never drop off, but this would let you know if it does. The settings would be something like:

Trigger on: Effect lost

Source: You

Target: Other

Effect: Weaken Mind

Duration: 0

Cancel on: combat finished

But you could set up a timer based on the effect being gained if you wanted to, I think. Just seems like more alarms going off than you really need.

Check out http://ixparse.com/features/ for more info

OK, thanks, I will try and see if I can make that work :) :)