Tauntaun mount

Nordavind

I'm guessing that at one point they will add this. If so, should this only be usable on Hoth? And maybe Ilum? If I meet a tauntaun mount in the middle of the Dune Sea, I'm going to cry! (The tauntaun pets almost make me do this)

I can imagine a Tauntaun mount, and it gives a 90% boost to speed (standard

Speeder) BUT on hoth, ilum, and belsavis (the snowy planets), it gives 110% speed boost.

Just my idea. Full support.

See how I posted this in the lore section? Because I assume a tauntaun would die on Tatooine, much like I assume a dewback would on Hoth. Carbon based lifeforms adapted to extreme weather rarely do well on the other end of the scale.

You assume they would, and perhaps a dewback would because it doesn't have any fur to keep it warm. But fur can be used in two ways, one to keep warm and two to keep cool, a tauntaun has fur. Of course, until something states that tauntauns cannot live on places like Tatooine, we don't know. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Dewbacks would because they are cold blooded.

As for tauntauns, it's not only their fur that keeps them warm; a lot of blubber and oils excreted though their pores (thereof their bad smell) helps with this was well. It would simply die of an heat stroke as I see it.

If they are warm blooded mammals, then they shouldn't have any problems adapting to other climates. Seeing as on Earth, warm blooded animals can live just about anywhere. Also cold blooded animals, such as the dewbacks can only live in places they can keep warm, so on Hoth they would freeze to death because they need heat energy to move around and what not to do things. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Why? They do that, then they are really limiting animal mounts(if they ever come, don't think so though) and then people will be QQing all over.

Well they don't necessarily have to make it the same kind of mounts like the speeders you get. But if they made it more like the Taxi's. Like on Alderaan you have the actual flying taxi's (I forget what they are called at the moment) and then you have the speeder taxi's. Then they could do some that are planet specific without limiting your actual bought speeders.