I can't believe no one has mentioned the lightsaber bug was fixed

Lium

Did you not notice that your Force-using companions now actually turn their lightsabers off properly when you summon them or dismount?

I'm sorry but I was elated. I guess I'm just easy to please. :D

I also noticed...odd it was not in the patch notes.

You shouldn't believe it because people did mention it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=590010&highlight=lightsaber+bug

Search is your friend.

Oops. Okay, my bad. Sorry for this thread then. It just wasn't everywhere on the forums like the complaint threads are. I mean, when something is broke, there are 30 threads about it in 5 minutes, with people screaming and yelling at BioWare to fix it.

This has been a bug that was in the game for a very long time and, while it didn't affect gameplay, it was extremely annoying. I figured having it fixed would warrant a lot of thank you notes from the playerbase.

My bad.

Oops. Okay, my bad. Sorry for this thread then. It just wasn't everywhere on the forums like the complaint threads are. I mean, when something is broke, there are 30 threads about it in 5 minutes, with people screaming and yelling at BioWare to fix it.

This has been a bug that was in the game for a very long time and, while it didn't affect gameplay, it was extremely annoying. I figured having it fixed would warrant a lot of thank you notes from the playerbase.

My bad.

People showing appreciation on the forums? Now you're just talking crazy.

Did you not notice that your Force-using companions now actually turn their lightsabers off properly when you summon them or dismount?

They've also fixed the level 7 space missions. I have to give them props for that as I've been very vocal about this particular issue for the last month.

Credit where it is due.

My bad.

But... you're basically posting another complaint thread, complaining that no one mentioned the bug fix. And, then complaining that people post too many complaints.

Also, I'm pretty sure the bug wasn't patched. It was just another screw up that happened to be favorable. I imagine it went something like this:

Joe: "Hey, Steve, look! The saber bug is fixed! Did you do that?"

Steve: "Uh, no. I just updated the Cartel Market."

Joe: "Whoa. Wait, so are you telling me we introduced a bug that somehow fixed a bug?"

Steve: "Dude! It's so zen!"

Joe: "You know what this means?! If we keep screwing things up, our screw-ups will screw-up our screw-ups and everything will be fixed!"

Steve: "Well, my friend, then prepared to be dazzled by some sub-par ham-fisted programming prowess!"

Edited by Sledgeweb

You guys just can't get anything right, can you? lol

"Sorry. We fixed more bugs than we put in the patch notes. We will roll back that unlisted fix now for your convenience."

Edited by TheBBP

It's about freaking time! Its only been a year........:mad:

"Sorry. We fixed more bugs than we put in the patch notes. We will roll back that unlisted fix now for your convenience."

Don't give them ideas! XD

Good to see that Ashara won't be doing stupid-dangerous things when I take her out for walkies.

This bug has bugged me for many months now. (you see what I just did there?)

Every patch went by and I would read the notes, looking for this exact fix. In fact, I nerd raged at my friend about this not being fixed yet again just after the last patch when I didn't see it in the notes... but it WAS stealth fixed.

So, thanks Bioware for the fix. I was beginning to feel depressed that we have to put up with bugs for so long and was worried that you don't care to polish this game. The little things add up you know! Keep the fixes coming!