Update for those affected by patching issues on April 11th

StephenReid

On April 11th, an early version of Game Update 1.2 was deployed early by mistake. During a brief window of time players logging into the game may have downloaded the patch and found they were unable to log in. We corrected this unintentional change as soon as possible.

After correcting the issue, players who downloaded the early patch and wished to continue playing before Game Update 1.2’s live deployment were required to re-download the game client, or re-install from retail DVDs.

We sincerely apologize to those players inconvenienced by this issue. We understand your play time is valuable and we are making changes to ensure this does not happen again.

In addition, we have now identified all players who were affected by this error, and as compensation an extra three days of game time will be added to their current subscriptions. These three days will be credited to affected accounts by Tuesday, April 17th.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Many thanks for the update Stephen.

I was one of those who fell into this 'trap!'. Long hours of downloading, I was finally managed to login around 5pm BST.

My only question is, I wanted to login and sort out my armour prior to the update but missed out - so just to throw a spanner in the works, is it possible to exchance my 3 days of play time for the correct new updated mods and enchancements in my armour? ;)

I am still affected by the problem.. I have reinstalled the game

I have tried patching from the desktop

I have renamed the launcher and used fixlauncher

I have deleted main assets

I have reinstalled the game

Still stuck at the same place.. repairing 37 files...

no matter what it always comes back to this and then the repair fails

I am still affected by the problem.. I have reinstalled the game

I have tried patching from the desktop

I have renamed the launcher and used fixlauncher

I have deleted main assets

I have reinstalled the game

Still stuck at the same place.. repairing 37 files...

no matter what it always comes back to this and then the repair fails

I had to uninstall the game again and download it from Origin(faster), then download 11GB worth of files, plus patches. I tried your process and it didnt work.

I appreciate the extra days and all but I am currently reinstalling the game and what if it doesn't work? What then? Many people have said they reinstalled and it did not work. Any further suggestions?

Hello everyone!

For anyone who is still experiencing issues re-installing, please be sure to post about your issues in the Customer Service forum so the good folks in there may assist you! A few things to gain the best assistance from Customer Service Representatives: please describe in as much detail as you can what issue you are experiencing. Posting your your dxdiag may help. Please be sure to wrap it in spoiler tags. You may do this by putting [noparse]

[/noparse] at the beginning of your text and [noparse]

[/noparse] at the end! Your result will look like this:

this is an example of hidden text with spoiler tags!

Additionally, here are some threads that may be of assistance for you:

We apologize for anyone who is experiencing continued issues re-installing. Thank you for your patience!

22 pages of complaints... 2 pages of thank yous once the problem is rectified. Ah, the internet.

a bit snarky isnt it?

it was an error being fixed, error's being negative not positive.

now if you had given them 6 months free rather than the 3 days they already lost for their trouble, then you would probably get more thank you's

a bit snarky isnt it?

now if you had given them 6 months free rather than the 3 days they already lost for their trouble, then you would probably get more thank you's

....and a lot of people causing issues just to get half a year for free.

i can't even download the patch. i keep getting network error. and i just reactived my acct

Sounds more like your problem... have you made sure that you have allowed Launcher go through firewall. It may require update again when launcher itself is upgraded. If you try for couple of seconds by disabling firewall. I think your network error is gone.

Also if you using a proxy for security or anonymity disable it and use direct connection.

yea i was also one who got tricked by the early 1.2 drop but things happen and i thank BW for atleast gving me something forthe miss hap. since i did nto want to redownload or reinstall the dvds i just waited till the 12th loged and and played. but tthanks for the free time for the opie!! :) Edited by Grilor

a bit snarky isnt it?

it just shows how many trolls there are in this forum

Seriously amateurs working at bioware? Getting rlly sick of it. Wasting my damn money on u guys. AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME IT HAS HAPPENED. dont come with some ******** about "well these thing happens". No they dont. When u accept ppl to pay to play, they dont argue "well i can half this month and half next month" U ACCPECT THEM TO PAY U WHAT U DEMAN. HENCE THE SAME THING SHOULD BE FROM THE COUSTOMER SIDE TOO dont u agree. Who the hell is paying for this unaviable pay time for me. Goddamit bunch of amateurs

P.s I gonna bet that this reply is gonna disappear quickly.:mad:

Edited by NotoriusNemesis