Do you stay level 49 cause your that bad?

xxCarnage

I haven't seen any either; if I remember a different thread accurately it stated leaving at the end so that the character doesn't get xp is a reportable action. That was long time ago though so I don't know if that's true or not but I haven't noticed level 49s that leave right before the end of the warzone so I never paid that much attention to it. I assume most of the level 49s are there as they're leveling up with PvP. Edited by Chalpy

i don really see why this is done either. although i have to admit that i wish my jugg could stay abit longer in the lower bracket now since they raised the cap on commendations. other than that i cant wait to get him to the 50 bracket to get some real action going!

Having a massive gear advantage at level 50- A-OK, part of the game, balanced, competitive, etc.....

Having a moderate gear advantage at level 49 which ironically is still less than the one aug WH have over recruits by a long shot- u r bad, l2p, broken, whine whine whine QQ

Newsflash- there's people who don't like gear grinds and don't have time to do them. I know, biggest shocker in the world. My level 25 sniper who is in greens just topped the damage of a WZ, getting 190k while the next had 130k- if I took someone in greens into level 50 pvp I'd die before I left the rez doors. I had a marauder match at level 38 just before, got 53 kills while the next person had 38- I did a third of my team's total damage.

Point is- gear is barely a factor in pre-50 pvp, and good players dominate bad players regardless of gear. Some people realize full well level 50 pvp is gear centric, has a considerably smaller TTK where you'll probably be CCed for most of it- and most importantly, almost every single thread about level 50 pvp on these forums that isn't by a marauder is talking about how much level 50 pvp sucks- not only that, SWTOR's endgame pvp is so bad it's considered the joke of the mmo community.

Sounds like you're just mad you're stuck at 50 hating pvp while other people are having fun pre-50.

On The Bastion server, there were a few level 49 twinks with fully augmented gear (18-19k HP). They always leave games before they ended to avoid getting XP from them.

The key difference with "twinking" is that everyone at max level is closing the gear gap eventually, whereas very few are in the lowbie bracket. Most people just level on to 50 so that twinks have a persistent gear gap.

I've done a ton of lowbie games, even to the point of leveling completely with WZs. Bragging about 190k damage in the lowbie bracket is sad, especially as a gunslinger which is one of the fastest maturing classes. The level of skill in the lowbie bracket is abysmal, which is why bad players find solace in it.

SWTOR is not the right game for twinking.

Would there be a "no XP" option, you could maybe start ~a little~ twinky blinky, but after playing the mastergame of twinking (AO) i dont see mutch potential here for twinking - wich is sad ofcause, but the levels fly far too fast by and the items are level bound instead of stats bound, and there is lack of statsbuffers anyways, all these little sneaks and tweaks for the reamining stats to get the item in.

In the conclusion, twinking in SWTOR is stopid, it works more like "the best for this" and "the best for that".

I've seen a couple but they were all one of the worst players on their team and would zerg in 1v8 and die every time.... that has happened every single time i've seen a lvl 49 twink. I've yet to see one who doesn't try and 1v8 and spend the duration of the game dead.

OP IS: Either hit 50 or has not hit 50. Irrefutable fact.

POSSIBILITY A:

IF OP has hit 50 and has PvP'd, THEN he's seen how 50 pvp is.

OP HAS: EIther got good gear in this bracket or he does not have good gear in this bracket.

IMPORTANT STATEMENT A: IF he has gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is destroying fresh fifties.

IMPORTANT STATEMENT B:IF he has not gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being destroyed by full war hero.

POSSIBILITY B:

If OP has not hit 50 and has PvP'd (On this character), THEN he's seen the 10-49 bracket.

OP HAS: Either god good gear in this bracket or he does not have good gear in this bracket.

IMPORTANT STATEMENT C: IF he has gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being a hypocrite by saying how twinks ruin the game.

IMPORTANT STATEMENT D: IF he has not gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being destroyed by twinks.

Now,

If A is true, then he's also being a hypocrite by ruining the game for others. Ruining the game is bad, amirite?

If B is true, then he neglected to point out the injustice of being stomped on by war hero players. But only twinks are bad, amirite?

If C is true, then he'd be a hypocrite.

If D is true (evident by the post), then he should do the same and whine about full war hero players.

Now, it's possible that hes not hit fifty at all, on any character, and then he's in for a big surprise.

I've bested a twink before just in blues pretty much (~1150 main stat), it's not that hard. I've yet to best a full war hero aug'd with just recruit gear... I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon...

I twink all my characters in perfect augmented gear at 49. I have over 1800 cunning on my operative at level 49 at the moment and can hit 4.5k with hidden strike. I have around 16k HP.

I don't think I've lost a WZ since I hit 49.

I don't leave WZs at the end to avoid exp, though. I just want to make that last level of lowbie pvp hilariously fun.

POSSIBILITY A:

OP HAS: EIther got good gear in this bracket or he does not have good gear in this bracket.

IMPORTANT STATEMENT A: IF he has gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is destroying fresh fifties.

IMPORTANT STATEMENT B:IF he has not gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being destroyed by full war hero.

POSSIBILITY B:

If OP has not hit 50 and has PvP'd (On this character), THEN he's seen the 10-49 bracket.

OP HAS: Either god good gear in this bracket or he does not have good gear in this bracket.

IMPORTANT STATEMENT C: IF he has gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being a hypocrite by saying how twinks ruin the game.

IMPORTANT STATEMENT D: IF he has not gotten good gear in this bracket, then he is being destroyed by twinks.

Now,

If A is true, then he's also being a hypocrite by ruining the game for others. Ruining the game is bad, amirite?

If B is true, then he neglected to point out the injustice of being stomped on by war hero players. But only twinks are bad, amirite?

If D is true (evident by the post), then he should do the same and whine about full war hero players.

Now, it's possible that hes not hit fifty at all, on any character, and then he's in for a big surprise.

I've bested a twink before just in blues pretty much (~1150 main stat), it's not that hard. I've yet to best a full war hero aug'd with just recruit gear... I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon...

Well Said...Well Said. If you think there is a gap in the 49 twink vs lows... wait till you get into the recruit gear lol....you'll see lop sided then.

Well Said...Well Said. If you think there is a gap in the 49 twink vs lows... wait till you get into the recruit gear lol....you'll see lop sided then.

The fighting capability between 49 twink and lvl 10 is much worse than fully augmented WH player vs. recruit. The amount of talent points between the two is worse than a gear gap.

My 49 twink sin can solo 2-3 lowbies easily.

Edited by Smashbrother

POSSIBILITY A:

POSSIBILITY B:

Now,

Given that the OP has a sage video in his sig you could just check out the video. I haven't done that yet either so lets play your game.

Important A does not imply the OP is a hypocrite. At the least BM is the norm, not recruit, whereas 49 Twinks with almost all of their skills and vastly superior gear are the outlier in the lower bracket. You're comparing apples and level 50 PVP.

Important statement B is a fallacy. It is possible to have not the best gear in 50 and not get destroyed by war hero geared 50s. Augmented BM is perfectly competitive.

The implication of statement B is a non sequitur. This thread is not about 50 PVP. There are plenty of threads about the gear gap at level 50. Also only the idle rich can bother to fully twink out toons in full purple gear in the lowbie bracket. Full War Hero is available to anyone willing to grind, and at 50 that grinding isn't going to have you level straight through the gear you were working for.

Important statement C is another fallacy. Having good gear is not the same as twinking. He's only a hypocrit if he has a twinked character and leaves warzones early so his gear doesn't get comparatively worse through leveling.

Either way twinking is pretty lame.