So, Jaesa is canonically dark?

Sardorim

Eh, I don't see it that way.

Boosted BH isn't dark at all. Seems to be Neutral, same with ol'Smuggler.

DS Jaesa seems to be the default.

Also, all characters boosted start with zero Alignment. 0 invested in Light or Dark.

Edited by Sardorim

Since it is level 60 and all quests done it has to choose a side and in this case it went dark. It most likely also means if ever meet Jaesa in future she will be dark with possible exception of those who specifically played it through choosing her stay light.

This also is not just about SW, for example Sith Inquisitor title

Darth Imperius which is light

Edited by Chaloss

It was my understanding that SW was Dark, SI was Light, Agent was Dark, BH was Light and the opposite was true of their Rep classes (JK Light, Con Dark...etc)

None of which made sense to me. Never would have thought of Consular as being Dark. :p Makes no sense for the story unless they went Dark after Chapter 1.

Eh, I don't see it that way.

Boosted BH isn't dark at all. Seems to be Neutral, same with ol'Smuggler.

DS Jaesa seems to be the default.

Also, all characters boosted start with zero Alignment. 0 invested in Light or Dark.

Actually boosted Hunter is dark. Devs stated that empire characters are assumed to have picked predominantly dark side choices/vice versa.

The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.

There is no canon. Get it through your heads already.

It was my understanding that SW was Dark, SI was Light, Agent was Dark, BH was Light and the opposite was true of their Rep classes (JK Light, Con Dark...etc)

None of which made sense to me. Never would have thought of Consular as being Dark. :p Makes no sense for the story unless they went Dark after Chapter 1.

Confirmation? I thought it was Imps - Mostly Dark, Pubs - Mostly Light.

A Light Inquisitor makes more sense than a Dark Councilor, but that's mostly because of Marr also being honorable and not a moron.

Confirmation? I thought it was Imps - Mostly Dark, Pubs - Mostly Light.

A Light Inquisitor makes more sense than a Dark Councilor, but that's mostly because of Marr also being honorable and not a moron.

A player who chooses to play Dark Side is choosing to play Dark Side- Not choosing to be a moron.

Marr is quite Dark, you know...

A player who chooses to play Dark Side is choosing to play Dark Side- Not choosing to be a moron.

Marr is quite Dark, you know...

What I mean is, Dark Inquisitor is Space Joker, while Light Inquisitor mostly makes the same pro-Empire, anti-teamkilling decisions Marr does/would.

Dark Sith options are often the equivalent of giving Marr a decision wheel of "Thank Satele for her help" (Light)/ "Kill Satele" (Dark).

Edited by Canareth

<<She's not canonically Dark, boosted toons are played with choices going with their faction. So a boosted SW will be DS with a DS Jaesa like how a JK boosted is LS.>>

It isn't necessarily tied to faction.

When I made a instant 60 inquisitioner, she was made Darth Imperius, not Darth Nox, even though she started out with 0 alignment light/dark.

A boosted Inquisitor is definitely assumed to be Light-leaning. When you take your first couple of steps forward and are identified on Darth Marr's ship, you are referred to as "Darth Imperius", the Light title.

She makes no sense as a Sith to be honest. As a darkside, she just turns into a crazy force sensitive nympho who likes to kill people. Light side Jaesa is a dark jedi, who believes in in her own code, which has Sith and jedi influence in it, which is what I was hoping for in an apprentice. i think crazy Sith are just morons. Edited by cool-dude

When I made a instant 60 inquisitioner, she was made Darth Imperius, not Darth Nox, even though she started out with 0 alignment light/dark.

A boosted Inquisitor is definitely assumed to be Light-leaning. When you take your first couple of steps forward and are identified on Darth Marr's ship, you are referred to as "Darth Imperius", the Light title.

Well that is.... dumb. Maybe we should ask if that's a bug.

She makes no sense as a Sith to be honest. As a darkside, she just turns into a crazy force sensitive nympho who likes to kill people. Light side Jaesa is a dark jedi, who believes in in her own code, which has Sith and jedi influence in it, which is what I was hoping for in an apprentice. i think crazy Sith are just morons.

Ugh, no thanks. I already have one Ashara. I don't need a second.

Dark Side Jaesa makes no sense, period. Sith aren't all crazy kill, despite what the majority of NPCs will have you believe.

Lightside Jaesa isn't a Dark Jedi, she's a regular normal Lightside Jedi that has infiltrated the Sith Empire. Darkside Jaesa makes perfect sense. She's bloodthirsty and hedonistic, but she's also loyal, disciplined and dedicated. In some ways that makes her a lot more stable than a lot of Sith who are obsessed with betrayal to further their personal ambition.

I found her to be the perfect apprentice for my DS Warrior.

Edited by OldVengeance

According to Wookiepedia, "canon" is all Light Side for Pubs, all dark side for Imps. Now, as I haven't used a 60 token yet, idk what the expansion does with that.

Just enjoy the story for what its worth.

Those rolling the intant 60s are getting the story with ZERO input from the original story. Whatever they have for the instant 60s should be left alone. We don't need to have them tweak instant 60s that are made mostly for raiding/pvp because a few RPers are upset that what they THINK is canon (which is hilarious) doesnt' matter when they get a boosted character.

Don't change anything BW, just fix the bugs with companions disappearing <3

Eh I refuse to use an instant 60 for my sith characters I want my Darth title and personally who cares what title they use for the sith inquisitor. There is no canon anyway just play the story.

What I mean is, Dark Inquisitor is Space Joker, while Light Inquisitor mostly makes the same pro-Empire, anti-teamkilling decisions Marr does/would.

Dark Sith options are often the equivalent of giving Marr a decision wheel of "Thank Satele for her help" (Light)/ "Kill Satele" (Dark).

Well that's how you choose to play your inquisitor you can still be dark side with a few light points here and there I imagine most sith have a few light points . If you roleplay your DS inquisitor as a moron that is your prerogative. Hell You can say that for either alignment for example I consider a LS inquisitor moronic because I can count a number of times were you commit outright treason and wonder how they got off scout free it seems the plot just dodges around these issues.

Plus the only reason why you are alive most of the time is because of plot armor since most sith would of been outright destroyed. Plus wondering why Khem val has not eaten you yet. Plus majority of your crew are psychopaths or sociopaths save Talos which does not really "fit" a light inquisitor.

Oh when Marr states why he likes the dark inquisitor since they spend majority of their time destroying the enemies of the empire instead of murdering sith and involving yourself in the infighting. Unlike some other council members who QQ about random stuff.

If you pick light options in the intro with Marr he disapproves and he is quite good at torture going by SOR.

Edited by lokdron

According to Wookiepedia, "canon" is all Light Side for Pubs, all dark side for Imps. Now, as I haven't used a 60 token yet, idk what the expansion does with that.

They also make all characters male. It is just an arbitrary choice, made by a dozen people, to make it easier for them to write about swtor stories in detail without having to avoid neutral wording. Their choice carries no weight here, or anywhere outside of that wikipedia.

As far as I know, player characters in star wars games that allowed the choice have always been canonically referred to as light-side.

Plus majority of your crew are psychopaths or sociopaths save Talos which does not really "fit" a light inquisitor.
The DS comapnions are all easily bribed, unlike the one light-sided companion who can only be appeased by making LS choices. If companions are to be any indication, I'd say the Inquisitor tends towards the light.

Oh when Marr states why he likes the dark inquisitor since they spend majority of their time destroying the enemies of the empire instead of murdering sith and involving yourself in the infighting.
He says that to all his Inquisitors :)

If you pick light options in the intro with Marr he disapproves and he is quite good at torture going by SOR.
He will also disaprove when Pub characters make the LS choice and in SOR he agrees with the LS option to let Shan question the prisoner.

Wookieepedia is a fan made wiki that isn't official. It's a great resource but take it with a grain of salt.