Nico Okarr's Duster is trash

Severith

It doesn't look like the one worn in the cinematic.

It doesn't even have a unique skin.

Devs just put a ugly, off color tan onto the duster "family", which has been around since beta. Doesn't even come close to the same color as the "painting" of Nico, to get people to resub early.

Devs purposefully showed the back of the duster, not the front, while advertising early resub benefits, because then we would have known what a cheap piece of crap it was.

Glad I subbed early. Now my toon knows what to wipe his *** with if we ever run out of tp in the refresher.

Thanks for the ugly plastic coat guys. EA. Worst company in America, 2 years in a row. Good luck on getting a third win this time around.

Get free items that you didn't have to do a single thing for other than pay your usual subscription for.

Complain about the company being the worst in the country.

Never change.

Edited by Roahin

I subbed early to get the coat. I don't care about the sub fee. I drop 100$ for cc coins every couple of months. I was happy about a new duster, which turned out wasn't new at all, or even something that looked good on it's own. It'll look good with another 20$ of cc, which will get me a black/black dye. But I'll just keep my troublemakers duster for that, which is 98% exactly the same coat.

Get free items that you didn't have to do a single thing for other than pay your usual subscription for.

Complain about the company being the worst in the country.

Never change.

It's not free if you paid money for it. They put zero effort into this. This was a EA reaching into your wallet.

Literal fact that EA was voted worst company in America. Twice. For reasons that are exactly like this situation. Pre-order required for all content. Oil companies lost out to EA as worst company of the year. They don't want you to wear the coat, or pve or pvp gear. They make it look bad, on purpose, so you buy more cartel packs, which is where you'll find all the effort to make things look good.

Keep defending EA. Never Change.

They basically advertised the Pistols and the coats, only to show off a 'reskin' of items already in game. Meaning that the items you got looked nothing like what was originally shown. There's several probably closed or deleted threads on this around here.

Couldn't that technically be fraud?

They didn't have to give you anything. Geez, they try to give us some free stuff and people gripe about it.

Its not free. Prior to 4.0, there has been no new content for almost 10 months in addition to rare server maintenance - so the 'service' people are paying for was reduced. So those long suffering subscribers had a carrot thrown out and unfortunately, some folk haven't learned from lessons in the past and took a bite.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. I love the blaster pistols, though my main wouldn't use that particular make, she's more of a DL gal!

I also love the duster, and though I don't like the white either, the duster has a distinct look, unlike what some people may paint it as. The front might look similar to others that are already in the game, but the back of the duster is clearly different.

To get the right color, of what more character would wear. I simply brought of the GTN, I think it was a dark brown/light brown (I can't remember the exact color, but it was something like that) dye module. There, I didn't need to pay any CC for that, and now I have a freaking sweet duster, like we see in the cinematic!

People need to learn to be grateful, for what they have, and if they don't like something, then to find a work-around. Like, c'mon!

I actually agree about the coat. The front is the troublemaker duster. Who cares about the back...well, obviously one person. They should have at least tried a little bit more. They might have come up with something unique...well....maybe.

Love the story though.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

It doesn't have all the **** on the back the regular version has, so it's a slight upgrade really. The actual look of the coat has been publically available knowledge for quite some time actually, the "devs purposefully showed the front of the duster"...

I don't do twitter, but thanks for the link.

Literally everyone in that twitter chat who made a comment on the quality of that coat, said that it looked terrible, was a disappointment, didn't look like Okarr's duster, etc. Lots of comments about how lazy EA is. The picture is just sad, like they knew how bad it was. You see way more detail on HK in the foreground. Some people in the chat even begged for @SWTOR to fix it. (And it wasn't.)

No one on fleet on my server is wearing it, except temporarily as a bad fashion joke.

Did you only sub to get the coat??

Honestly, it doesn't really matter whether he did or not. I did NOT sub to get the coat, I subbed because I like the game. And yet, I still agree that the coat they gave people is NOT Nico's coat. No, that doesn't mean Bioware is trash and that the devs are worse than WW2 bad guys, but calling it Nico's coat when it isn't Nico's coat is still false advertising. It would be like calling something "Darth Vader's helmet" and giving them this instead. Yes, there is obviously a similarity, but it is also obviously not Vader's helmet.

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

Free or not (I'd say not, its a marketing tool used to convince a few more people to stay subbed while waiting for KotFE), it is lame. Of course that's just a matter of opinion and doesn't really make me feel I've been ripped off. That being said, I was expecting something a bit more epic and one of a kind in relation to other available outfits, other than a different color. It seems too stiff, and doesn't cover like I think a duster coat would, if that makes sense.

Yeah I agree, the coat is not impressive and kind of ugly. The dye is cool though, but you can't extract the dye. It lacks the detail seen in Koth' gear. Koth's gear is impressive, and I would of preferred that. Even just the pants alone are awesome to me.

Nico's chest piece lacks the cool open button down shirt he had in the trailer. And its supposed to be short sleeved, not long sleeved. Its not the same coat. It really is an old coat with a different dye. The dye, alone would have been better than the coat. I'm sure everyone would have loved that dye. That jacket is so old its from the era, when the back part just didn't look cool, and I remember people complaining about it on the forums years ago. Then Bioware started releasing similar Jackets and robes with tighter waistlines as a response to all the complaining.

It's not a big deal, I'm still loving the new content. But I have to agree, Nico's Duster is not all that, nor is it the iconic one from the old trailer. It's missing his wrist watch device, the cool straps by his shoulder's, the jacket collar is supposed to fold back, and the open button down shirt is missing, replaced by some kind of metal plate, which in all honesty looses that Nico cool, Bioware paid so much money to express in the second trailer.

They didn't have to give you anything. Geez, they try to give us some free stuff and people gripe about it.

It's not FREE for Christ's sake. You had to be a subscriber, which means you PAID for something under the premise that you would get something more out of it. The OP's point is that they misled us on the quality of the finished product and he has a valid point. Car salesmen must love to see some of you people walk into the dealership, because you've got "sucker" written all over you. lol

It's not FREE for Christ's sake. You had to be a subscriber, which means you PAID for something under the premise that you would get something more out of it.

No, you paid for subscriber's access to the game. The coat and guns were a free bonus offered at no additional cost.

It's not FREE for Christ's sake. You had to be a subscriber, which means you PAID for something under the premise that you would get something more out of it. The OP's point is that they misled us on the quality of the finished product and he has a valid point. Car salesmen must love to see some of you people walk into the dealership, because you've got "sucker" written all over you. lol

Nobody MADE you pay for the sub.

You paid for the sub, and in return, they'll give you bonuses ON TOP OF your sub.

But the cost of the sub is the cost of the sub, with or without the extras.

So the items themselves are free for those that had a sub. If you didn't have a sub, and subbed solely for the items, that's where the problem was.

And Nico's blasters do not look like from that trailer "The Return".

All good since it wasn't those that were promised. The blaster they promised to give were clearly shown on the Fallen Empire page.

He got new blasters in the 30+ years since the trailer happened. Simple as that.