2v2 GSF Deathmatch Tournament 2

Drakkolich

CANCELLED!!

CANCELLED!!

CANCELLED!!

With just how popular the last one was with both the participants and the viewers we're doing it again!

Next Saturday on the 11th of April at 4pm Eastern (1pm Pacific, 8pm GMT) I'll be holding a 2v2 Deathmatch Tournament.

I was debating changing stuff for the second one but to be honest so many different builds were used in the last one I don't want to change a thing it was fantastic to watch, I even thought about banning the power ups but it was such a great part of the matches and added so much movement to the matches I'd much rather just keep everything the same. So here comes an obvious copy paste of the rules of the last one, looking forward to seeing what this one brings!

All matches will be held on the Starforge server using the Custom games lobbies.

For the tournament itself it's going to be pretty simply.

- All games on Kuat Mesas Deathmatch

- Any build/ship is allowed

- Each match is first to 10 points, or whoever is ahead at the end if it times out

Obviously all the ships/builds aren't balanced for this kind of gameplay so we might see some builds be way more powerful then normal. If some things get really out of hand then maybe next time we can look at limiting certain things and make a different kind of tournament, but for this one everything is open!

The tournament type is going to depend on how many teams we have signed up.

- 2-7 Teams will be a Round Robin where every team fights each other best score wins

- 8-16 Teams will be a Double Elimination bracket tournament, which I'll randomize on the day of

- 17+ Teams will be a Single Elimination bracket tournament, which I'll randomize on the day of

Anyone can enter just let me know here on the forums, or join this Discord https://discord.gg/W9MaNbK and let me know.

As you'll see when you join this Discord is for people that want to find others to group with in GSF. There's a text channel we've added in the "Formal Nonsense" area called #Dokidoki_2's_tourny!. Use that channel to discuss anything related to the tournament.

In case anyone was wondering I and players from my team won't be participating I'm setting this all up for everyone else! If after the tourney anyone wants to challenge us (assuming my teammates aren't busy) we'd be happy to fight anyone.

If you can't find a teammate on your own just let me know that you want to sign up for a random assigned one and if multiple players sign up that way I'll set you guys up with teammates on the day of.

List of Teams signed up so far:

Invis and Splitter (Team Chronos)

Submarine and Fawleena (Team Rogue 0.5)

Currently looking for a teammate:

Edited by Drakkolich

Coming up a little short on Teams for this one, I've been told by many players that it was a bad weekend to choose, for that I apologize.

If by tomorrow night around the same time we don't have anyone else signed up I'm going to cancel this one and plan to reschedule it for a future date.