Jedi/sith using blasters?

They won't, for animation reasons. The classes have fixed animations that are designed to go with the weapons each class has access to, blaster pistols aren't amongst those, at least not for any of the Jedi classes.

I personally would like to see the ability to at least equip them, for roleplaying reasons (in an RP situation it doesn't really matter if I can actually use the gun I'm holding, but it's looks a lot better if I'm actually holding a gun, instead of just emoting that I do), but it is very, very unlikely that that will ever happen.

I personally would like to see the ability to at least equip them, for roleplaying reasons (in an RP situation it doesn't really matter if I can actually use the gun I'm holding, but it's looks a lot better if I'm actually holding a gun, instead of just emoting that I do), but it is very, very unlikely that that will ever happen.

Yup, there are some people on my server who where trooper armor as a jedi lol

Actually what I'd really like is to be able to interchange fire arms. I see no reason, why anyone trained in their use is restricted. Say....sniper is restricted to sniper rifle, yet in a video clip in the story, shows them using a pistol to off someone. Why oh why can't my agents use a pistol too?

I think this would make more sense then having non force types using lightsabers. Besides they'd use them for inane things like cutting open Tauntauns on Hoth...nothing good. ;)

For roleplaying reasons I'd quite like to see it added. After all, Obi Wan managed to kill General Grevious with an uncivilised blast rifle.

Easy method (I use the word easy cautiously), using the example of the social punch abilities that can be unlocked.

Have a couple of generic abilities that can be used per weapon (basic one shot, rapid shot, spray and pray) using the animations other classes already have for those basic attacks. Increase the basic damage on a level basis but keep it below that of the actual class abilities.

A trooper could equip a techblade and make a few basic melee attacks but would not be able to compete with a Jedi/ Sith.

A Bounty Hunter could equip a techstaff to look spar with Akaavi Spar.

A Jedi/ Sith could equip a blast rifle to blast away.

A nice roleplaying addition that makes use of existing assets.

Potential issues trying to persuade the unwilling to equip the better (AC) weapons when running HM content ;)