Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Remove Force Bound

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove Force Bound

Beyrahl's Avatar


Beyrahl
05.28.2020 , 09:20 AM | #21
PvP utilities and expertise, please.

KittyKat_Karrot's Avatar


KittyKat_Karrot
05.28.2020 , 10:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimPikinz View Post
*laughs in Concentrated Fire
Not sure what you mean by this. You can buy CF from vendor, it's pretty much just a straight dps/hps boost, and it's not OP at all- in pvp at least. There's no comparison between CF and force bound.

SlimPikinz's Avatar


SlimPikinz
05.28.2020 , 03:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyKat_Karrot View Post
Not sure what you mean by this. You can buy CF from vendor, it's pretty much just a straight dps/hps boost, and it's not OP at all- in pvp at least. There's no comparison between CF and force bound.
I was referring to the amount of time and cost of getting the set takes, just like any other non-craftables.
Force Bound's only restriction is not having enough credits to buy it from crafters. Other BiS sets require credits as well as Tech Fragments, which painstakingly take forever to get through PvP. You are forced to do PvE content in order to actually even get the set in a timely manner.

The incoming nerf pretty much kills the DPS specs from being mid-tier to bottom of the barrel probably. There are no other good Mercenary sets, like at all.

At least Jugg has another decent set or two.

My point is, the mere excuse of not nerfing or removing a particular set because of time and resource investment from players should be applied across the board.
Resol'nare: Ba'jur, Beskar'gam, Ara'nov, Aliit, Mando'a bal Mand'alor- An vencuyan mhi.

omeru's Avatar


omeru
05.28.2020 , 04:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
PvP utilities and expertise, please.
Well do you think BW can do seperate utilities that are actually working and balanced? They didnt even do a pvp related balance change and you think they will do even more?

septru's Avatar


septru
05.28.2020 , 06:07 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimPikinz View Post
My point is, the mere excuse of not nerfing or removing a particular set because of time and resource investment from players should be applied across the board.
CF costs 6 million credits and about 9-18k tech frags which can be grinded in less than a day doing flashpoints.

Forcebound costs roughly 120mill.

They are not comparable set bonuses. Even if they were, forcebound would require infinitely more resources than CF.

SlimPikinz's Avatar


SlimPikinz
05.28.2020 , 07:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
CF costs 6 million credits and about 9-18k tech frags which can be grinded in less than a day doing flashpoints.

Forcebound costs roughly 120mill.

They are not comparable set bonuses. Even if they were, forcebound would require infinitely more resources than CF.
When you say infinitely more resources, they aren't drawing from the same resource pool. Force Bound only requires the credits while other non-craftable sets require credits and Tech Fragments.

Everyone had to start with 0 Tech Fragments.
No one started with 0 credits.

You can insta-buy the FB set if you already have the capital, which requires almost zero time investment, assuming the entire set is available. With credit totals reaching into the billions for some players, a small percentage of their purse goes to buying the set.

The other sets require you to put in significantly more time into the game or to get lucky. Time may be more of a resource investment to some people as opposed to credits.

Most veteran players probably will have no problem coming up with that amount of credits but forcing them to play content that they do not like is a huge burden. No PvPer wants to grind Hammer Station FP for an entire day.

A valid argument can be made that Tech fragments require more resource investment and a valid argument can be made that credits require more resource investment.

Differences aside, why does one set get a pass while the other does not?
Resol'nare: Ba'jur, Beskar'gam, Ara'nov, Aliit, Mando'a bal Mand'alor- An vencuyan mhi.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
05.28.2020 , 07:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimPikinz View Post
When you say infinitely more resources, they aren't drawing from the same resource pool. Force Bound only requires the credits while other non-craftable sets require credits and Tech Fragments.

Everyone had to start with 0 Tech Fragments.
No one started with 0 credits.

You can insta-buy the FB set if you already have the capital, which requires almost zero time investment, assuming the entire set is available. With credit totals reaching into the billions for some players, a small percentage of their purse goes to buying the set.

The other sets require you to put in significantly more time into the game or to get lucky. Time may be more of a resource investment to some people as opposed to credits.

Most veteran players probably will have no problem coming up with that amount of credits but forcing them to play content that they do not like is a huge burden. No PvPer wants to grind Hammer Station FP for an entire day.

A valid argument can be made that Tech fragments require more resource investment and a valid argument can be made that credits require more resource investment.

Differences aside, why does one set get a pass while the other does not?
I started this expansion with 300 million credits. I now have 50 mill, which is back up from a low of 20 mill. That 120 million figure is a next to impossible thing for me.

Add this to the laundry list of reasons I don't do ranked, rarely do PvP at all anymore, and haven't done anything in game in swtor outside of solo dailies and the like for new cq in over a month.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
05.28.2020 , 10:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
CF costs 6 million credits and about 9-18k tech frags which can be grinded in less than a day doing flashpoints.

Forcebound costs roughly 120mill.

They are not comparable set bonuses. Even if they were, forcebound would require infinitely more resources than CF.
I'd pay 120 million for a complete gear set any day over grinding HS over and over, and over. It took me about 2 weeks to go from 70 to 75 and have a complete set of CF gear pieces.

If someone runs a stable of toons for tech frags, then sure maybe someone could grind 18k tech frags but I don't see that happening the way I play. I am not running a bunch of alts through a conveyor belt of PVE to gear up faster.

So for me, in a nutshell the time spent grinding for a complete set of CF gear pieces is far more valuable to me than a measly 120mil credits. I'd pay that any day for a complete gear set.
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

septru's Avatar


septru
05.28.2020 , 11:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimPikinz View Post
Most veteran players probably will have no problem coming up with that amount of credits but forcing them to play content that they do not like is a huge burden. No PvPer wants to grind Hammer Station FP for an entire day.
1) hardcore pvpers don't have large sums of credits. compared to engame pve, endgame pvp gives very little credits (with the exception of rare dueling tournaments).

2) most pvpers grinded MM RR and MM hammer station on the first day of expac. In fact only a select few pvpers abstained from grinding gear through pve, at least that I know of.

3) as others have said in this thread. tech frags are not a scarcity. credits are. I am a "veteran" pvper. I am practically done gearing all my toons on 3 different servers, with multiple specs, tacticals, and set bonuses per toon. I know others that are completely done. I have more tech frags than I have a use. Credits on the other hand, I could always use more of.

3) 125mill is not a small portion of anyone's "purse." It doesn't matter if you own billions or trillions.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
If someone runs a stable of toons for tech frags, then sure maybe someone could grind 18k tech frags but I don't see that happening the way I play. I am not running a bunch of alts through a conveyor belt of PVE to gear up faster.
My friend didn't want to gear his set bonus for his operative. He was tired of grinding. He told me he would pay me play his account and gear his operative for him. He gave me his account in the morning, I had it done by the end of the night. Full set bonus and tactical. My case is extreme. I did nothing but MM RR. Others do it in 3 days. 1 week. 2 weeks. Either way that time is minuscule compared to the time needed to grind 120mill in today's game. Think it about it like this... how long would it take you to grind 120mill? How long would it take you to grind 18k tech frags.


Quote: Originally Posted by SlimPikinz View Post
Differences aside, why does one set get a pass while the other does not?
Because none of them should not get a pass. If a set bonus or tactical is overtuned it should be nerfed, regardless of price, resources, or effort it took to acquire them.

Warrioroffhell's Avatar


Warrioroffhell
05.30.2020 , 04:52 AM | #30
just make force bound into the dps specs and make it cleansable , the worst part of the entire set is that its not cleansable and should be cleansed together with fear.
Burningyou and alts @ Darth Malgus