Class stack in solo ranked

bladech

It becomes more obvious that in solo ranked for some reason classes are tend to stack in one team. 2 opers and 2 random classes against 2 maras and 2 random classes , 2 mercs and 2 random classes against 2 juggernauts etc. NO it's not coinsidence or bad luck. i played for 2 seasons around 1000+ games and iam sure this class stacking is an issue. The matchmaking system must be reworked. same classes in queue should be put in DIFFERENT TEAMS to make it more fair.

I also noticed that higher rated players also put in teams with the lowest rated players in queue which is also not very fair. You think if player is skilled he can carry 2 absolute useless players in his team? I don't think so :rak_04:

Dear devs, consider changed to matchmaking system in solo ranked. Thanks

They never clarified how matchmaking works now, people assume different things when I cannot recall BW ever giving an official explanation on how matchmaking works.

It would be nice to understand how matchmaking works for not just regs but for solo ranked too, I mean for us to get an official explanation.

All we have is people's anecdotal evidence which often times is not very objective, no fault on the player's behalf but what one person feels they experience doesn't always add up to what actually is going on.

For instance, people keep saying that often times one highly ranked player gets put with 2-3 really low rated players versus a team of 4 average players... Which obviously is not creating a balanced competitive match.

The same thing for regs has been said since matchmaking was discussed and supposedly implemented recently in the last year or so.

When I stopped playing, I did not notice any difference tbh, except it really seemed that there was less class stacking regarding healers particularly. Usually in the past year it seems teams in regs do not end up with 3-4 healers while one has 1-2, it seems that part improved.

As for skill levels of players being systematically matched up differently than in years past, I did not notice this at all. Recently I still had teams with "bads" and super regstars, some matches could be lopsided loss/wins, some evenly matched, I mean it was the same as years past.

Edited by Lhancelot

They never clarified how matchmaking works now, people assume different things when I cannot recall BW ever giving an official explanation on how matchmaking works.

It would be nice to understand how matchmaking works for not just regs but for solo ranked too, I mean for us to get an official explanation.

Indeed They never did clarified how it works maybe it is even for best so some individuals couldnt abuse the systemin their favor. However, for players who play ranked all the time it becomes more and more obvious how it works. And it does as i wrote it. I thin many of those who played sr as much as i did will agree on my statements. Class stack should be removed and higher rated players are t supposed to be punished for having a good rate and matched with those who cant do even a few things before dying.

Matchmaking shouldn't be based on class stacking or rating of 2 groups.. That is dumb. Game should make totally random teams. The only thing the matchmaker should worry about is to ensure both teams have heals or tanks if it's the case....

The pre season matchmaking was perfect. The teams were random.

I'm almost certain that the priority of criteria for team composition is role > ELO > nothing else.

if that isn't the case, then it should be. I'd like AC/spec to be considered as well, but that really is asking a lot.

Edited by foxmob

Indeed They never did clarified how it works maybe it is even for best so some individuals couldnt abuse the systemin their favor.

This is one reason they might hesitate to explain their "system" of matchmaking.

Also by leaving it somewhat mysterious players can't really criticize it either because unless we know for certain what's working and what's not it's hard to pinpoint exactly with certainty what's broken.

This isn't a valid excuse if we are being honest, though. I mean we don't need to see the sky to know that there are clouds in it.

By pointing out how their matchmaking seemingly creates more lopsided matches than not BW ought to take this feedback and either adjust it, or just remove any sort of matchmaking that involves ELO/rating or however they are determining the skill levels of players to match up versus one another.

I just wonder if there really is some sort of hidden rating algorithm system that is matching players up, and if so is it by account or per individual toon? This is the part they ought to explain.

I just find it hard to believe they are using hidden statistics to match players up and against other players. I believe for sure they did something to adjust matchmaking by way of roles (tank, dps, heals) but struggle to believe it goes beyond that.

The one thing Eric said before they did their update that supposedly added improved matchmaking that created all the theories is when he said they had hidden stats that they might use for matchmaking purposes. That's what confused people the most.

It becomes more obvious that in solo ranked for some reason classes are tend to stack in one team. 2 opers and 2 random classes against 2 maras and 2 random classes , 2 mercs and 2 random classes against 2 juggernauts etc. NO it's not coinsidence or bad luck. i played for 2 seasons around 1000+ games and iam sure this class stacking is an issue. The matchmaking system must be reworked. same classes in queue should be put in DIFFERENT TEAMS to make it more fair.

I also noticed that higher rated players also put in teams with the lowest rated players in queue which is also not very fair. You think if player is skilled he can carry 2 absolute useless players in his team? I don't think so :rak_04:

This is definitely a problem with class stacking. You also have all stealth teams vs non stealth or all melee vs all ranged.

Sadly, this isn’t limited to ranked. Especially the part about putting good players with lower skilled players. It seems the matchmaking takes 1-2 good players and dumps them with a bunch of low skilled people. The higher your skill, the less skilled people they put on your team.

This gets worse when you put a premade on one team with four low skilled players vs 1-2 good players and 7-8 low skilled players. It impossible to carry that many bad players. I don’t care how good you are, you can be everywhere at once.

I have actually been saying this since it was implemented last year and had everyone tell me I was wrong. Now that it’s finally infected ranked, people seem to care. Which is always the way. I just wish everyone understood that that nearly every problem starts out in regs and eventually ends up in ranked. If we just cared about regs a bit more to get the devs to fix problems when they start, then these things wouldn’t make it into ranked at all, (Another example is cheats testing exploits and in regs and then bringing them into ranked. JeZ anyone?)

This round about has been happening ever since this poor attitude that regs don’t matter when ranked people play it. This attitude has spread through the whole reg population now and it’s partially to blame for why people don’t try. With no Leadership by example, you get sheep and some of those people end up in ranked.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You just don't get how random works...

Those are true randoms:

10 10 2 10 7

3 1 7 2 5

4 10 2 4 9

2 7 2 4 7

5 1 5 7 2

10 8 2 1 7

from https://www.random.org/integers/?num=30&min=1&max=10&col=5&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

Do you see how many repeats and patterns? :) That is classic error of human brain of understanding random.

This means nothing. ^

If it is indeed determined that the game is "randomly" stacking classes then BW can create an algorithm that will avoid class stacking.

The issue is we all are just creating theories with no proof or confirmation how matchmaking actually works.

Those are true randoms:

10 10 2 10 7

3 1 7 2 5

4 10 2 4 9

2 7 2 4 7

5 1 5 7 2

10 8 2 1 7

from https://www.random.org/integers/?num=30&min=1&max=10&col=5&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

Do you see how many repeats and patterns? :) That is classic error of human brain of understanding random.

thats the problem. In solo ranked it isnt working as you wrote. it works like this -

2 2 3 4 againt 5 5 2 1

or 3 3 5 2 against 5 5 1 4

It's DEFINITELY NOT RANDOM Lol and it happens almost in every fight

it often also happens like this -

5 5 5 4 against 3 3 3 5 lol

Edited by bladech

Those are true randoms:

10 10 2 10 7

3 1 7 2 5

4 10 2 4 9

2 7 2 4 7

5 1 5 7 2

10 8 2 1 7

if, for example two mercs 1200 rated and 1500 rated in queue and two maras 1200 and 1500 in queue IT ALWAYS PUTS THESE TWO MARAS in one group and two mercs in another LOL

if, for example two mercs 1200 rated and 1500 rated in queue and two maras 1200 and 1500 in queue IT ALWAYS PUTS THESE TWO MARAS in one group and two mercs in another LOL

Most of the nights on DM there are a ton of snipers and mercs in que... The odds of these getting in the same team are pretty high I think.

Same for maras, but you are right to a point. It's weird that the game always puts the maras in one team and mercs sniepers in the other team. I've seen it happen too...

I've been a victim a class stacking this morning. It put us trash melee vs ranged team.. Guess how well that went. ;)

Edited by DavidAtkinson