Newbs in ranked PvP

Banderal

In honor of ranked season 11, I thought we needed something to help us understand why new people should be welcomed into the matches. Here it is (with appologies to ACDC, because I would not want those guys mad at me).

To the tune of TNT

queue, queue, queue

queue, queue, queue

queue, queue, queue

queue, queue, queue

queue, queue, queue

See me zone into the Warzone

On your big computer screen

Out to play the way I want

If you know what I mean

I'm dyin' to the left of you

I'm dyin' to the right

Ain't usin' no gun

Ain't usin' no knife

I lose every fight

'Cause I'm Newbie Newb! I'm messin' up your night!

Newbie Newb; and I'll lose the fight

Newbie Newb; what's this pvp mode?

Newbie Newb; watch me explode!

I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean

I'm a hated man

Public enemy number one

Understand

So forget your elo

Forget your rank

You might as well /stuck it

And you've got me to thank

The man is back in town

Here to mess you 'round

'Cause I'm Newbie Newb! I'm messin' up your night!

Newbie Newb; and I'll lose the fight

Newbie Newb; what's this pvp mode?

Newbie Newb; watch me explode!

Newbie Newb; (queue, queue, queue)

Messin' up your night (queue, queue)

And I'll lose the fight (queue, queue, queue)

Newbie Newb. (queue, queue, queue)

What's this pvp mode? (queue, queue, queue)

Newbie Newb;

Watch me explode!!!!!

IKR? Who doesn't like AC/DC? I wonder about Lhance sometimes. :p

If you don’t like AC/DC in Australia, we take you outback and let the drop bears have their way with you :D

AD/DC music is the defacto Aussie anthem. You don’t have to like it, you just have to respect it :p

Edited by TrixxieTriss

While I understand your frustration, most of us 'casuals' just want that stupid crystal. It's easier to do a few solo ranked matches than it is to wipe 6 times on a Vet Op level boss we are utterly disinterested in fighting. There needs to be a different way to get crystals for gear besides ticking off people striving for ranks and ticking off dps wonks in an op boss.

For we 'casuals', it sucks. We don't want to be in matches with you and your bad attitude and your foul language and your rude behavior and your unsportsmanlike disposition. You should have an entire planet all to yourselves where you can do all that stuff together and be really happy about it. We don't actually have a choice.

I would rather chew rusty nails than grind Ossus for one more second.

I would rather chew a Lego than put up with your ilk and since that is the lesser of two evils, so be it.

Maybe if PVP were just something fun people did as part of a game and ranks didn't mean some lifetime achievement for the likes of players like you, it' wouldn't be the crap storm that it is.

Again, we didn't make the game like this. Make up a guitar hero riff for the devs but back off of the rest of us just trying to do what we can to get gear.

While I understand your frustration, most of us 'casuals' just want that stupid crystal. It's easier to do a few solo ranked matches than it is to wipe 6 times on a Vet Op level boss we are utterly disinterested in fighting. There needs to be a different way to get crystals for gear besides ticking off people striving for ranks and ticking off dps wonks in an op boss.

For we 'casuals', it sucks. We don't want to be in matches with you and your bad attitude and your foul language and your rude behavior and your unsportsmanlike disposition. You should have an entire planet all to yourselves where you can do all that stuff together and be really happy about it. We don't actually have a choice.

I would rather chew a Lego than put up with your ilk and since that is the lesser of two evils, so be it.

Maybe if PVP were just something fun people did as part of a game and ranks didn't mean some lifetime achievement for the likes of players like you, it' wouldn't be the crap storm that it is.

Again, we didn't make the game like this. Make up a guitar hero riff for the devs but back off of the rest of us just trying to do what we can to get gear.

Babe, you took the OP completely out of context. It’s meant to a bit of fun and he did it to the tune of AC/DC

Edited by TrixxieTriss

While I understand your frustration, most of us 'casuals' just want that stupid crystal. It's easier to do a few solo ranked matches than it is to wipe 6 times on a Vet Op level boss we are utterly disinterested in fighting...

Yeah, as Trixie said, I think you misread my sarcasm that I completely didn't indicate well enough. I do stupid little songs like this once in a while to make fun of what I see to be a bit over-the-top attitudes that "we" sometimes have here in the PvP community. And I *AM* one of those newbs in the queue. I'm the one belting out that song while I lie dead on the ground and the rest of my team is trying to make up for me. And to make it worse, I can't sing in tune at all. :p

If you want my actual honest attitude towards ranked, see this thread. But basically, I think if you queue for something... anything... you should at least try the best you can. I personally have no problem with anyone in the ranked queue, as long as they don't sit and do absolutely nothing, or /stuck it right away, or something like that.

Now back to the music (anyone with class will know this song, sorry Lhance :D )...

Mando, Mando, Mando, Mando

I was caught

In the middle with no LOS

I looked around

and knew I was in a mess

My mind raced

And I thought what could I do

And I knew

There was no help, no heals comin' through

Sound of drums

Beating in my heart

The thunder of guns

Tore me apart

I was...

MANDO STRUCK

Have you taken a look at this thread and what I said in it? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=961224

You clearly are the problem in your ranked matches. You admit that you aren't trying to compete and win, you're just there for mats. You're not trying to improve, you're probably not following the simple strats that others are calling for you, and you're probably getting globaled regularly. You are the person in the wrong here, not the people being "rude" to you. You are ruining their games for your own selfish gain. You have no place in ranked.

Never heard of acdc and making song parodies on Internet forums is incredibly corny. I know I sound like a party popper with that, but god... I rolled my eyes so hard they almost didn’t come back.

I know, I know... posting on an Internet forum based on an mmo about Star Wars, in the pvp section is about as uncool a thing as there can be. I’ll own that. But song parodies on said forum??? I’m drawing the literal line

I’m too cool for that. And you all should be too lol

Edited by ace_boogie

In the days of horrible studio pop, I will gladly recommend the opposite: a real band with a woman front. (per my previous link)

I used to hate OP's ACDC years ago, but they grew on me. Alot! Now whenever I hear them I'm like "oh right -- they actually play musical instruments"

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

In the days of horrible studio pop, I will gladly recommend the opposite: a real band with a woman front. (per my previous link)

I used to hate OP's ACDC years ago, but they grew on me. Alot! Now whenever I hear them I'm like "oh yeah they actually play musical instruments"

I like that song you linked. And for me, yeah, kinda the same. There are a lot of bands that I used to not appreciate/like very much until I started trying to play music myself. I'm still not a big fan of the Beatles, for example, to just listen to... but I find that their music is pretty complex, challenging and fun to play. (Well, *try* to play :D ).

Here's my current fav...

All girl band in this case, plus it's got a nice "empowering for young kids" vibe going I think.

I'm still not a big fan of the Beatles, for example, to just listen to...

You like to listen to ACDC, but not the Beatles? rofl, and you say you wonder about me sometimes. :eek:

@Rion, yes there's some truth to what you say about instruments etc. as far as respecting the skills it takes to play guitar and other conventional instruments.

That being said, I don't agree that electronic music is created by skill-less musicians. There's tons of bands that use electronic music production and synths from the 80s too, and some even harder alternative bands like Disturbed use a ton of electronica for their sound.

I think if someone creates sound which makes people feel emotion, it's art and thus music no matter if they do it with tree branches, a guitar, or a DAW.

You like to listen to ACDC, but not the Beatles? rofl, and you say you wonder about me sometimes. :eek:

@Rion, yes there's some truth to what you say about instruments etc. as far as respecting the skills it takes to play guitar and other conventional instruments.

That being said, I don't agree that electronic music is created by skill-less musicians. There's tons of bands that use electronic music production and synths from the 80s too, and some even harder alternative bands like Disturbed use a ton of electronica for their sound.

I think if someone creates sound which makes people feel emotion, it's art and thus music no matter if they do it with tree branches, a guitar, or a DAW.

Led Zepplin actually helped Pioneer electronic live music with instruments like the Roland 202 and 303. And that was in the 70s.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Led Zepplin actually helped Pioneer electronic live music with instruments like the Roland 202 and 303. And that was in the 70s.

I never really researched how electronic music began, I just know in 1974 Kraftwerk put out their album "Autobahn" and they are known as the grandfathers of techno.

Long story short my mom's BF had their 1980 album "Computer World," and I fell in love with it as a kid. I then did everything I could to get all their other albums which if you listen to them today are mostly antiquated but decent in their own right. Computer World got heavily sampled by many of the hiphop artists in the 80s and beyond.

Personally I enjoy most genres of music, except modern country music, it's nothing but pop with a country accented vocalist and I am not fond of most pop music either.

Oh, Kraftwerk still perform live to this day, also, at least the original members are in their 60s-70s. I ought to go to one of their concerts so I can say I did it before they stop performing.

Edited by Lhancelot

I never really researched how electronic music began, I just know in 1974 Kraftwerk put out their album "Autobahn" and they are known as the grandfathers of techno.

Long story short my mom's BF had their 1980 album "Computer World," and I fell in love with it as a kid. I then did everything I could to get all their other albums which if you listen to them today are mostly antiquated but decent in their own right. Computer World got heavily sampled by many of the hiphop artists in the 80s and beyond.

Personally I enjoy most genres of music, except modern country music, it's nothing but pop with a country accented vocalist and I am not fond of most pop music either.

Oh, Kraftwerk still perform live to this day, also, at least the original members are in their 60s-70s. I ought to go to one of their concerts so I can say I did it before they stop performing.

Kraftwerks rock :D

A "ranked pvp a day" is this what I am seeing ? xD

Glad you had good experience. Hopefully it will keep going well. DM is different story usually but maybe it will improve there too.

Uhh flop, meant to be for the other thread...

Edited by MackPol

LoL. I was realizing the same thing. That was not my intention when I started the thread, but if it works out that way, fine. Could do worse than copying the tone of that original thread.

I only had 2 matches today, but both went well, so daily done. :D

The first one we had a quitter, but then got a backfill before it started. And luckily for us we got a good backfill, and everyone followed the plan and we won it pretty solidly.

Game 2 was more interesting for me. Some of the same people. Was 3DPS/1Healer groups. We tried to "cc healer, kill sniper" first round, and that didn't work for us at all. Round #2 I suggested going for the healer, because he was the healer we were against in game #1, and it seemed like we were able to take him down relatively easy when we turned our attention to him. But I was the only one that actually followed my plan, so what we ended up with was me going after the healer, and the other 2 dps going after that sniper... and that worked! So I did the same thing in round 3, but on purpose this time. :p

An unrelated thing to those games, but I took a glance at the leaderboards today... couldn't help myself :D And I see, listed right there at the top of, say the Mara/Sent group... "hey, I was just in a game with that guy/girl!" Good lord, my rating is dead in the middle right now (I think I have the rating you start with when you have zero games :D ) --- how is that even remotely acceptable for either of us that the best rated mara is on my team (lucky for me I guess - unlucky for him - although, I think we did win)? I can see from that how some pretty good players could get really frustrated.

[Edit: oops, I was thinking this was the "report from the ranked front lines" thread... oh well. :o ]

Edited by Banderal

Glad you had good experience. Hopefully it will keep going well. DM is different story usually but maybe it will improve there too.

This is a good idea! ^

When will you do this, Banderal? Do it in honor of Domi! (Wasn't the other one in the general forum section though?)

Also, I am really hoping you keep with ranked once the season begins. I want to see if your experience follows the same pattern.

This is a good idea! ^

When will you do this, Banderal? Do it in honor of Domi! (Wasn't the other one in the general forum section though?)

Also, I am really hoping you keep with ranked once the season begins. I want to see if your experience follows the same pattern.

The season started Tuesday this last week (March 26th?). All the reports from the "report from the ranked front lines" thread come from AFTER the seasons started.

And yeah, Domi's thread was awesome. And it was in the PvP section.