Stealth Changes to EM KR-82 Expulser?

So a ragtag group and I tried to take on Easy Mode KR-82 Expulser in Kaon Under Siege last night. Unlike the Hard Mode version, the mob stayed rooted to its starting point. There was no way to move it away, making it trickier to kill the 3 adds at 66 and 33 percent. Second (and much worse for us), at 66% it gave itself a new buff that increased its damage output by 200 percent.

I've never seen either of these things happen in Hard Mode! Has anybody else encountered this? I wonder why they'd add significant challenges to the EM version that aren't present in HM.

Well, the 200% damage increase is the Enrage timer kicking in, probably as a result of you not being able to drag it around and so maximise the damage it takes. The not moving bug sounds like, well, a bug. When it reset did it do the same again?

The rooting is not a bug; it's a change new in 1.2. People used to drag that boss all the way back to the turrets at the previous boss (the giant rakghoul) and burn him there without having to deal with the adds. Leashing him to prevent such cheese makes sense, but rooting him permanently is just really stiff. The flashpoint group I run with is full Rakata + Black Hole, breezing through nightmare mode ops, and even we don't feel like we could down this boss. At his difficulty level, he should seriously drop a piece of Rakata gear. I'm all about hard content (e.g. I love Lost Island), but this particular boss is really badly tuned and has always been.

My advice would be to just skip him. It's not worth it.

The rooting is not a bug; it's a change new in 1.2. People used to drag that boss all the way back to the turrets at the previous boss (the giant rakghoul) and burn him there without having to deal with the adds. Leashing him to prevent such cheese makes sense, but rooting him permanently is just really stiff. The flashpoint group I run with is full Rakata + Black Hole, breezing through nightmare mode ops, and even we don't feel like we could down this boss. At his difficulty level, he should seriously drop a piece of Rakata gear. I'm all about hard content (e.g. I love Lost Island), but this particular boss is really badly tuned and has always been.

My advice would be to just skip him. It's not worth it.

Good to know it just wasnt us, our group was geared half Coluni & Tionese and yet we couldnt get the boss below 50% health in HM before the enrage timer kicked in. We first tried CCing 2 adds and killing the 3rd before taking down the other 2 but boss enraged at 50%. So the next time we CC'd all 3 adds and focused on the boss reapplying CC when it was needed. By the time the boss summoned another 3 adds we had 6 to deal with so it bacame to much.

Bioware this is a flashpoint, isnt the boss fights meant to be achievable after having been geared through other flashpoints? I do not see this boss being done by my group until we are so far beyond the current set of flashpoints that there will be no point going back.

First things are made to easy and now you want players to smash their faces against their keyboards, slowly running out of patience for this game.

For the record the boss is rooted to the spot and doesnt move any longer.

ya, just tried this boss for the first tiem in a while last night with a full rakata dps, columi/tionese dps, i was a full rakata healer, and we got him to like 50k hp and he enraged, and never got that close in 2 more tries. for a crappy belt, this boss just isnt worth it

The bonus bosses in all of the HMs, are far more difficult then the final bosses. I have never understood this mechanic since they drop **** for loot.

On a side note, it would be nice to get a weekly to kill 3 to 5 random bonus bosses for a few black hole comms though.

hated this boss, server first down on crevasse city pre nerf to adds health, group comp was sorc heals, jugg tank, pyrotech PT dps (me), and rotating fourth DPS. fourth DPS and tank stayed on boss entire time, my job was to burst down adds ASAP. massive PITA, many wipes, eventually downed it without cheesing it. this was before we had enough people to do ops, ROFLCOPTERS

I agree that this boss is overtuned, but you can use his staying rooted in place to your advantage by running out of his range as soon as the adds spawn, so you can CC/nuke them away from the boss without him interfering or doing any damage to your party once his shield goes down. Your tank can just help with nuking the droids, as the boss will patiently stand around and twiddle his thumbs while you wait. Then charge back in as soon as the adds are dead, CC the second set of adds as well as you can and blow your cooldowns to get him down before he enrages. Edited by Tiranea