Ancient Pylons since patch 1.1 (HM)

Is there a new strat to solving this puzzle? ----> solve N/S pylons ASAP?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Update: Solved it using the N - S - S - N method

--> So, North solves the first tier first, then south solves the next two tiers first, then north solves the last tier first...

Edited by Shockage

Is there a new strat to solving this puzzle? ----> solve N/S pylons ASAP?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I think it's more about using least number of moves to solve. There is a constant pattern to the wheels.

Edited by Battyone

We have done this on multiple difficulties and used every strat out there and had it bug every time.

The only way to win is this.

Find out the pattern ahead of time so you know which way you need to go before you do it.

Click ASAP - don't wait for anything, complete as fast as you can.

Hope it doesn't bug out.

And on 16 man Hard mode - it has an awesome bug where as soon as you agro the 3 mobs in front of the pillars the event starts and you start getting waves of mobs immediately.

16 man spawns are much harder than 8 man spawns (I can kill an 8 man spawn in 2 hits - 16 man you can start getting backed up on them) making it back up immediately the only thing you can do is zerg down the initial 3 because they don't respawn, then exit area and come back (or die) when the spawned mobs despawn.

From everything I've seen the general consensus seems to be solve it ASAP.

Thanks for the help everyone.

That's not really a solution. It bugged out repeatedly for us in 16 man hard this week, and we always figure out the clicks for the fastest solution ahead of time. Made no difference.

Update: My group was able to solve it using the N - S - S - N method mentioned here in the forums and on sithwarrior....

So, North solves the first tier first, then south solves the next two tiers first, then north solves the last tier first...

We tried solving ASAP 2 times prior, and it bugged out.... the N/S/S/N method prevented it from bugging.... FYI, minimum clicks is recommended anyway, you want to avoid the 3x acklay spawn o.O.... we were able to solve it shortly after the 1x acklay spawn solving it ASAP + N/S/S/N

hope this helps

Edited by Shockage

Update: My group was able to solve it using the N - S - S - N method mentioned here in the forums and on sithwarrior....

So, North solves the first tier first, then south solves the next two tiers first, then north solves the last tier first...

We tried solving ASAP 2 times prior, and it bugged out.... the N/S/S/N method prevented it from bugging.... FYI, minimum clicks is recommended anyway, you want to avoid the 3x acklay spawn o.O.... we were able to solve it shortly after the 1x acklay spawn solving it ASAP + N/S/S/N

hope this helps

Tried that, wiped multiple times. Solved each plyon at the same time with the least number of moves and cleared it EZ.

*EDIT -- it seems they tightened the "soft enrage" or introduced it, when we tried 1 and then the other we'd get 3x aklay spawning on the pillar that was ahead every time. Doing them at around the same time the fight went as normal, and the top wheels aren't locking anymore.

Edited by Battyone