Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

EricMusco

Give us cross server queues. There is no reason not to have it. If you can spend time/money making up this stuff, then you can spend time/money making cross server queues happen.

Once you make cross server queues, you can also bring back 8v8 ranked. Arenas are all well and good, but there is no diversity in ranked PvP now.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am patient and don't really care about the pushback. But since you are adding even more things to it, it's going to be an enormous patch. This game is just really taking off with all this stuff. I can't imagine what this game is going to have next year. Great information, great new planet to add on, and in time I know you guys will add more strongholds to planets so we can live there. Great job BioWare, and I'm looking forward to see what comes of everything :)

While not in a guild myself, I can see where some of the smaller guilds may have problems competing in the events/flashpoints/etc. to conquer a planet. Fewer players, fewer people able to earn points for conquest. Just an idea from other MMOs I have played - have the Devs considered allowing guild alliances to form? This would allow smaller guilds to keep their own players and play style, but then work worth other guilds to earn bonuses available to the larger guilds. I do not know what the guild member cap in a guild is, but you could limit the number of members in the guild alliance to the max number in a larger guild.

I could see them saying a guild alliance could not purchase a guild flagship (can see to many issues in regards to ownership of the guild ship or if a guild leaves the alliance asking for a buy out on their portion) but that an alliance could work together to conquer a planet.

Just my 2 credits.

I swear you guys are aiming this for when I move IRL. When I thought I would be moving in June, early access was set for June. But this time I fooled you. I'm not moving in August. I'm moving in July. So ha!

Having said that, I'm really excited about the strongholds and all the features that you choose to put in them. The only disadvantage will be that my husband will take days (maybe weeks) to decorate his stronghold. *facepalm* I love you hunny!

Eric,

If a guild capitol ship takes credits to "buy", then please add an ability for a guild to "tax" it's membership. It should be some setting a guild leader can put from 0-10% of credits earned (from missions and drops, not off the GTN) goes into the guild bank. And we need this feature implemented as part of early access, so the guild has the time to save for it.

If a guild capitol ship takes materials to "build", then there really isn't much I can see for "taxing" the guild...I simply hope its far more of the former. If it takes 200 MMG's, 800 EEE's, and 800 Iso 5's, as an example, that's a rough type of requirement for any guild, and one that's going to burden the few, while benefiting the many...not my idea of fair in the least.

Lastly, it's worth noting that as players we know vastly more about a release now scheduled for October, than we know about the release formerly scheduled for June (and which I assume is about to be rescheduled to July). That is NOT an example of transparency. In fact, it's the opposite. I really don't understand how it is the dev team thinks hiding the content of 2.8 from us this long is a good idea, as from my perspective it's very much a bad idea. Something to noodle on as you consider how long you are going to sit on this "roadmap" post.

So basically this update says s***w you to those who are not guilded or are in small guilds.

It looks like another fail and waste of time just like GSF was...

I'm sure they'll be a hefty CC price small guild will be able to pay to get a guild ship, of course they'll never be able to get anywhere in the leaderboard.

One thing that I did like about DAoC housing was the ability to have trophies mounted and displayed in your house with hook points. The hook points were for different items and one allowed you to display a trophy that you had mounted by an alchemist with a potion. The wall had hook points for weapons or pictures and the floor had armor and other large bulky items.

I would think it'd be the type of a system that could be used in SWTOR as well.

Speaking of trophies. Is there any plans for mobs to drop a trophy, trophy being the remains of a creature that has been to a taxidermist? This would be a nice addition to have in your stronghold.

Not necessarily. If they tailor the BASICS around the idea of tiny guilds(small prices), with increasingly expensive upgrades, then each guild has something to strive for.

In other words, make the basic Guild Ship stupidly cheap. Like 5 million. With all the basic amenities and perks.

But, the UPGRADES will cost an arm and a leg because they're luxuries and not part of the basic plan. This gives large/rich guilds something to put their money into, but doesn't short-change the smaller guilds.

*Cough* cartel coins... **GAG, CHOKE** *cough* cartel coins...

"Ok, we unlocked a supply crate to put in that corner. Who else in the guild has more coins?"

***EA FORCE CHOKE OF MENACING COIN***

"Me." :(

Eric,

If a guild capitol ship takes credits to "buy", then please add an ability for a guild to "tax" it's membership. It should be some setting a guild leader can put from 0-10% of credits earned (from missions and drops, not off the GTN) goes into the guild bank. And we need this feature implemented as part of early access, so the guild has the time to save for it.

If a guild capitol ship takes materials to "build", then there really isn't much I can see for "taxing" the guild...I simply hope its far more of the former. If it takes 200 MMG's, 800 EEE's, and 800 Iso 5's, as an example, that's a rough type of requirement for any guild, and one that's going to burden the few, while benefiting the many...not my idea of fair in the least.

Lastly, it's worth noting that as players we know vastly more about a release now scheduled for October, than we know about the release formerly scheduled for June (and which I assume is about to be rescheduled to July). That is NOT an example of transparency. In fact, it's the opposite. I really don't understand how it is the dev team thinks hiding the content of 2.8 from us this long is a good idea, as from my perspective it's very much a bad idea. Something to noodle on as you consider how long you are going to sit on this "roadmap" post.

They more or less ran out of pre-launch content. Now, BW has to make new content with a staff that's not funded the way it used to be by EA. What else do you need to know?

The quality of said content is generally going to be lower, unless it's related to a coin-generating source like Strongholds or is an Operation, and there isn't going to be much of it.

That's what F2P means in SWTOR. I would be incredibly happy to be wrong, but absolutely nothing has shown otherwise.

They can't even keep on schedule for the coin-generating stuff.

*Cough* cartel coins... **GAG, CHOKE** *cough* cartel coins...

"Ok, we unlocked a supply crate to put in that corner. Who else in the guild has more coins?"

***EA FORCE CHOKE OF MENACING COIN***

"Me." :(

Does it hurt being that wrong? It looks like it hurts.

One feature that if it isn there for the current idea for the guild ships that I would love to see...

Guild stores. Basically a place that people could donate items and set a credit price. Instead of the credits going to the person the credits go into the guild bank (or maybe even give options like percents).

That's a great idea. Cheaper than GTN prices and the proceeds help fund guild events/ships/decorations etc. Everyone wins.

PVP or PVE...still sounds like fun. This could get real fun if some if not all Guild events are open world. Hear me out...what if one of the events on the Imp side is to take Thororzan and hold it for say 20 minutes. You can tell me that the word wouldn't get out for there to be spoilers. So I look at more of a grass roots/open world pvp...For example, we had an ops group a few months ago trying to get Dreadtooth. we had 3-4 harassers on the Imp side that made it impossible to take Dreadtooth down that day so they were great spoilers. I can see something along those lines.

Hey TUX,

I do entirely understand the sentiment behind the question. Unfortunately the answer is surprisingly not simple. Placing of decorations may work a bit differently than some might expect and as such we would like to show you. To your own point, we have to manage expectations and I would hate to have me explain it since that won't really do it justice. You need to see it :)

More information on that coming soon™!

-eric

hire the devs that made City of Heroes. their design for super group bases was the most customizable I have ever seen. I would pay real money to see that game come back.

wonderful, although at first the concept of a swtor sims game sounded rather silly, i was quick to get hooked to it, and now you're cutting a month off for us subs?! wonderful! tantioone isn't that fun though, but one question i was dying for was if there will be those ceiling tarps found everywhere, i love them!

PVP or PVE...still sounds like fun. This could get real fun if some if not all Guild events are open world. Hear me out...what if one of the events on the Imp side is to take Thororzan and hold it for say 20 minutes. You can tell me that the word wouldn't get out for there to be spoilers. So I look at more of a grass roots/open world pvp...For example, we had an ops group a few months ago trying to get Dreadtooth. we had 3-4 harassers on the Imp side that made it impossible to take Dreadtooth down that day so they were great spoilers. I can see something along those lines.

This almost sounds like something I posted in suggestion thread well over a year ago. Which was create new open world pvp areas on each of the contested planets and allow guilds to build power strongholds and fight to capture and defend them.

You could boost your defenses through resources npcs or other ally guilds nearby. The faction who gained the most territory would claim the planet for their faction.