Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Asparhruk
02.10.2012 , 05:24 AM | #201
The OP is completely right and even some things he have missed.
You guys have have to all understand - range need PENALTY for being able to deliver damage and CC from range and safe distance. The penalty melee have is they NEED to be in close range to deliver any meaningful damage.
Not to mention range now doesn't even have to kite, they don't need to position (face, as the game autofaces) and interrupting them doesn't even prevent them from spamming just another ability.
The OP haven't also mentioned that sorc are a horribly designed class with regard to stacking. It's outright mind-boggling how a self respecting developer could release that.
There is nothing like seeing 4-5 sorc lined one to another all spamming aoe and obliterating everything and everyone that tries to even get to them
Their stacking requires no skill, no tactical thinking nothing, just stand to each other and spam.
I want to see 5-6 melee stacking successfully - almost impossible. Needs such a level of coordination that is not worth it even as is easily countered.
I have been making scrshots of WZ i play lately. Almost all the time it's against 6-7 sorc teams and 1-2 BH(Merc), occasionally some other classes get mixed in the ocean of lightning spam.
If you think this is balanced...
On top of that i am somewhat not surprised.
It's Failhammer 2.0. The same team, making the same mistakes (Bright Wizards anyone?), ruining the PvP in this game the same way.
If someone at BW doesn't take immediate measures, you can kiss this game PvP good bye very soon.

kazaku
02.10.2012 , 05:31 AM | #202
lol at all the sorcs in the first couple pages trying to prove theyre class isnt OP.

i say we nerf them harder than ops and sins combined.

pfft "who says BW didnt intend on having OP hybrid sorcs?"

excuse me did u see patch 1.1.2?

Neamhan
02.10.2012 , 05:32 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Its not terrible. Its not OP either. It has enough counters as it is. Its called balance.
Hybrid Shadows were balanced too, and look what still happened to them.

GunnarL
02.10.2012 , 05:32 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Bin View Post
Honestly I am playing a Scoundrel and I can tell you that especially from stealth Sorcs/Sages are one of the hardest (if not the hardest) class to kill as long as they have their bubble up (and there is no reason why they wouldn't have it up 100% of the time).
What level? Because when an operative jumps out of stealth, I immediately do everything I can to leave that situation. I know that operatives get some much stronger cc/dmg abilities later in levels. The other side to that coin is, that sage/sorc is probably using ALL of his cooldowns to get away from you. Are you using all of yours to catch up?

Niconogood
02.10.2012 , 05:40 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
ALERT: Read this -ENTIRE- first post before posting ANYTHING on this thread. Do not post vague generalizations. Respond to the points I actually made in this post. Do not join the long list of painfully stupid posts that had nothing to do with the actual content of the thread and everything to do with the title of the read.

Sorcerers do not need to be nerfed at all. The only thing Bioware needs to do is rearrange the talent trees to disallow overpowered hybrid specs from making the class far more powerful than the devs intended. Lightning/Madness hybrids cause far too much imbalance.
Well, by moving core abilities higher up in the tree... Voila! You got yourself a NERF

I totally agree however. The utility/dmg/healing of this class ALL AT ONCE is too much compared to what other classes can do and needs to be toned down.

+1
R.I.P. Baluba - Commando - Uthar Wynn
R.I.P. Pebbles - Sage - Uthar Wynn
Baluba - Witch Doctor
Baluba - Guardian

MrDeas
02.10.2012 , 05:40 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Yes yes yes, clearly you're a PvP god and all the sorcs are just bad at their classes. That's TOTALLY why you outperformed all of them in every single metric in that warzone...
A nerf refers to the collective though. Not just one person, it's about whether it's easier for that class to be ahead. If you actually read the post you would understand that the OP only posted those images to prove it wasn't that he lost to a load of sorc/sages and called for a nerf but that he had put thought into his post and provided constructive ideas.

It's just a shame you can't say the same for your post...
Gandalf knows what to do!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mgDXRY5fM

Ich_Bin
02.10.2012 , 05:42 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by GunnarL View Post
What level? Because when an operative jumps out of stealth, I immediately do everything I can to leave that situation. I know that operatives get some much stronger cc/dmg abilities later in levels. The other side to that coin is, that sage/sorc is probably using ALL of his cooldowns to get away from you. Are you using all of yours to catch up?
Level 50, Valor 61
I would not be posting here if my character was below 50 and without PvP equipment.

And obviously I am using all of my cooldowns to bring a Sage/Sorc down. I have to do that, otherwise I won't have a chance to make that kill.

MrDeas
02.10.2012 , 05:48 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Vales View Post
Who says they are unintented?
Have you seen the previous patch notes? BW never intended for hybrid specs to be an option. So we can say that a hybrid spec that beats the standard is not intended. Also we can say with a large degree of certainty that any class/spec that means a class is OP is not intended.
Gandalf knows what to do!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mgDXRY5fM

GunnarL
02.10.2012 , 05:50 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Bin View Post
Level 50, Valor 61
I would not be posting here if my character was below 50 and without PvP equipment.

And obviously I am using all of my cooldowns to bring a Sage/Sorc down. I have to do that, otherwise I won't have a chance to make that kill.
Okay so you are saying you DO make that kill but if your cooldowns aren't up then you don't. Its the same thing with sorc/sages if our cd's are not up we are dead in the water.... And honestly how often has one of those turned around and instead of dieing has killed you when you had the jump?

Asparhruk
02.10.2012 , 05:55 AM | #210
TBH i don't see alternative to the situation but nerfing sorc/sages.
Otherwise BW would be destroying their PvP.
No real reason to not fix this. What i am guessing is, because this class is the one that needs MOST fixing and a lot of skills moving up and down, they just fixed the easier ones first.
But if they want to save their PvP there is no option to it.
And all sorc/sages, instead of being in denial, be constructive and actually show understanding and help the developers with ideas how to balance your ridiculous, atm, class.
Otherwise you might as well get a huge nerf (even more than needed) because i don't see a case in which BW wants the population leaving because of one class and what is left rolling all that said one class.
I already see ppl leaving WZ when they see setups made of all sorc + 1-2 mercs.
Do you think this ppl's definition of fun is playing against such a setup of an OP class?
And do you think it's good for the game those ppl are leaving PvP and many won't play it again or may as well leave the game?
What do you think will, ultimately, happen to your class and to the game if this continues?
I see nothing good coming of this staying the way it is.