Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
02.14.2012 , 07:02 PM | #1191
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
I'm also curious where you're getting this data from, or is this just your anecdotal observation?
Log on to any mature high pop non pve or rp realm (who have classes that are more balanced due to raiding and buffs/not wanting to share loot on a few AC's). Make a level 10 character and go in a warzone.

Use simple arithmetic.

I also give classes called how to tell your @#$ from a hole in the ground and why you should never %#$@ into the wind.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Abadus's Avatar


Abadus
02.14.2012 , 07:03 PM | #1192
when people learn to focus sorc bubble will mean little. % damage reduction reduction is better against skilled opponents, bubble its better against pugs.

Lormif's Avatar


Lormif
02.14.2012 , 07:12 PM | #1193
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Log on to any mature high pop non pve or rp realm (who have classes that are more balanced due to raiding and buffs/not wanting to share loot on a few AC's). Make a level 10 character and go in a warzone.

Use simple arithmetic.

I also give classes called how to tell your @#$ from a hole in the ground and why you should never %#$@ into the wind.
yes simple arithmetic for a game that started out with a LARGE population of sorcs/sages... I have a feeling there is more to it then you are letting on.

fixit's Avatar


fixit
02.14.2012 , 07:16 PM | #1194
Dear Sorcs and Sages,

Please play a lvl 50, BM geared heal Ops and marvel at all the broken talents and sub-standard healing/damage compared to your sorc/sage.

Then consider that every patch has massive nerfs for agents.

I have played both sides of the fence and it is glaringly apparent that Sage/Sorcs are superior in every way by a massive amount. Better healing, better damage, better mobility, better utility, etc etc.

But you wouldn't know that, to busy owning in TOR and asking for more agent nerfs...right?

Sorc Wars FTW.

Abadus's Avatar


Abadus
02.14.2012 , 07:27 PM | #1195
Quote: Originally Posted by fixit View Post
Dear Sorcs and Sages,

Please play a lvl 50, BM geared heal Ops and marvel at all the broken talents and sub-standard healing/damage compared to your sorc/sage.

Then consider that every patch has massive nerfs for agents.

I have played both sides of the fence and it is glaringly apparent that Sage/Sorcs are superior in every way by a massive amount. Better healing, better damage, better mobility, better utility, etc etc.

But you wouldn't know that, to busy owning in TOR and asking for more agent nerfs...right?

Sorc Wars FTW.
I have seen every class do well. Might just be you.

Varicite's Avatar


Varicite
02.14.2012 , 07:28 PM | #1196
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Log on to any mature high pop non pve or rp realm (who have classes that are more balanced due to raiding and buffs/not wanting to share loot on a few AC's). Make a level 10 character and go in a warzone.

Use simple arithmetic.

I also give classes called how to tell your @#$ from a hole in the ground and why you should never %#$@ into the wind.
So then yes, it is based completely on anecdotal observation, then.

"I saw X Sorcs when I went into these warzones on my server, thus it is like that for all warzones on all servers for everyone."

Gotcha.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Croesus's Avatar


Croesus
02.14.2012 , 07:29 PM | #1197
Quote: Originally Posted by Abadus View Post
I have seen every class do well. Might just be you.
no u.....
I may be dumb but im not stupid.

fixit's Avatar


fixit
02.14.2012 , 07:33 PM | #1198
Quote: Originally Posted by Abadus View Post
I have seen every class do well. Might just be you.
Oh you've 'seen' other classes. How about play em?

At 50, btw. None this 10-49 crap.

Unlike most, I play both classes and have come to the solid conclusion that sorc/sage is easily 2x better at healing than a heal ops. Plus sage/sorcs don't have broken core talents nor do they get nerfed every patch.

But you wouldn't know this; to busy insulting me instead.

Lormif's Avatar


Lormif
02.14.2012 , 07:39 PM | #1199
Quote: Originally Posted by fixit View Post
Oh you've 'seen' other classes. How about play em?

At 50, btw. None this 10-49 crap.

Unlike most, I play both classes and have come to the solid conclusion that sorc/sage is easily 2x better at healing than a heal ops. Plus sage/sorcs don't have broken core talents nor do they get nerfed every patch.

But you wouldn't know this; to busy insulting me instead.
So wait, we have to play all the classes to know when they do well? that is fairly illogical.

Varicite's Avatar


Varicite
02.14.2012 , 07:41 PM | #1200
Quote: Originally Posted by fixit View Post
Oh you've 'seen' other classes. How about play em?

At 50, btw. None this 10-49 crap.

Unlike most, I play both classes and have come to the solid conclusion that sorc/sage is easily 2x better at healing than a heal ops. Plus sage/sorcs don't have broken core talents nor do they get nerfed every patch.

But you wouldn't know this; to busy insulting me instead.
You do realize that this thread is not at all about healing Sorcs, right?

I understand that you're still upset about the agent nerfs, but take your issues to a thread about agent nerfs, or sorc healing.

This is about 0/23/18 spec'd hybrid Sorcs. Believe me, these guys are not outhealing your heal-spec'd Operative.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.