how the actual crap am i supposed to beat vaylin's spirit in chapter 9 in kotet

swedishranger

i'm soooo confused i upgraded my gear and everything i watched tutorials yet i cant get her lower than 90% before i die and also i have used the memory's of health they don't do jack squat she does SOOOOO much damage everything is repaired i just don't know anymore if i cant finish this i swear....

if you need more details ask....

:rak_02:

She has a circle around her at all times, attacks from outside that circle reflect the damage..so need to be very close to her and remember not to use things like twin saber throw, clashing blasts, or dispatch whenever youre outside of it because youll do heavy damage to yourself.

Other than that, whenever she channels Force Blast, interupt it, and if you cannot then prepare yourself for a huge knockback.. during the channel position yourself so that youll get launched into the bigger rocks or the staircase, otherwise youll get knocked entirely off the level.

She has another log channel ability that i forget the name of, where she hovers in place, that one you have to run out of the effect of, which might require trancendence or blade blitz to get clear of.

other than those things, its just regular stuff.. make sure you have medpacs, use defense cooldowns, id recommend the utility ability that heals you for 3% when youre hit while saber ward is active, and remember your heroic moment (though also remember that damage reflect mechanic she has when you start spamming those heroic moment abilities)

Edited by thepilk

Sorry to say most of these tips work great maybe, but not for a trooper who has to stay stationary for most of their damaging attacks.

No commando or Vanguard spec needs to be stationary. Vanguard is 100% mobile, there are literally no casts.

Commando needs to take the utility that allows to cast full auto/boltstorm on the move. Then you are like 80% mobile.

No commando or Vanguard spec needs to be stationary. Vanguard is 100% mobile, there are literally no casts.

Commando needs to take the utility that allows to cast full auto/boltstorm on the move. Then you are like 80% mobile.

Only half way true! There is one cast: Artillery Blitz! But it is mobile. 😉

Edited by Lhuv

• 4 weeks later...

She has another log channel ability that i forget the name of, where she hovers in place, that one you have to run out of the effect of, which might require trancendence or blade blitz to get clear of.

if she gets hit by one of the green healing memory shards, during this channel, it will end the fight (kill her).

• 4 weeks later...

When I first tried this, I was a Jedi Shadow on the damage discipline with no companion because I didn't recapture Valkorian's father, and the battle may very well have been impossible. It was certainly frustrating.

I changed my discipline to tank. I still had no healing but I took less damage than when my discipline was damage. Then I just ran around getting Vaylin into as many of the green circles as possible. If I needed to heal myself, I would take a green circle for myself. I also made sure I was able to loose Vaylin's hold on me (you know when she just smashes you up and down forever?) and stop her current action.

It took me maybe two tries after I changed to tank. It might have taken less if I had been able to change my discipline to heal.

I hope this helps someone!

• 1 month later...
I still can't beat her and personally getting tired of the BS in ET. I started playing this game with my daughter and with KotFE and KotEt we can't play together. We're both subs and are really put out about it. If both story-lines weren't solo only we might have a chance. Neither of us are 'professional' pc gamers and not thrilled with set up of these storylines. Love the story just not the gameplay. :mad:

I still can't beat her and personally getting tired of the BS in ET. I started playing this game with my daughter and with KotFE and KotEt we can't play together. We're both subs and are really put out about it. If both story-lines weren't solo only we might have a chance. Neither of us are 'professional' pc gamers and not thrilled with set up of these storylines. Love the story just not the gameplay. :mad:

You can have someone else join you in the phase to kill the boss. Only one of you will get the quest completion, and only one of you gets to make the choices, but you can still play together. Heck, just go through it twice with your toons, once light and once dark and swap off.

• 3 weeks later...
I am taking two character through KOTET; Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow. I took my Sith through Chapter 9 and had only one or two problems (thrown off plateau and figuring out how to avoid getting thrown by Vaylin). my Sith actually had to fight both Arcann and Valyin, but that part wen rather well. Today, I took my Jedi into the fight, and this time I only have to face Vaylin since I made Arcann an ally. I expected some challenge with a one on one, but this fight is entirely imbalanced. The holds are much longer, the green recoveries are far fewer and they barely give me recovery. I was getting about full recovery for the Sith, but I see little to no recovery for the Jedi (one time I swear I saw my health go down after interacting with a green heal zone. I nearly came close to finishing, but then there wasn't a heal to be seen before I was beaten down. This story is just screwed up or really poorly balanced for all career/factions.

Im not sure why no ones brought this up yet.. but im super new and i figured out pretty fast, that if you just lure her to the healing spirits and let HER walk through them, it does a TON of damage. just bait her and if she hurt you too much, grab the healing spirit youyrself and bait her to the next one. took me a few tries but you literally dont even have to attack her. just keep running around the stairs to stay away from her attacks as much as you can. Make sure you have a breakout ability too. for her force slam attack.. helps alot. i hope this helps you! :)

• 2 months later...
You can have someone else join you in the phase to kill the boss. Only one of you will get the quest completion, and only one of you gets to make the choices, but you can still play together. Heck, just go through it twice with your toons, once light and once dark and swap off.

I haven't been able to join or allow anyone to join KotFE or KotET except on open areas.

• 2 weeks later...
Im not sure why no ones brought this up yet.. but im super new and i figured out pretty fast, that if you just lure her to the healing spirits and let HER walk through them, it does a TON of damage. just bait her and if she hurt you too much, grab the healing spirit youyrself and bait her to the next one. took me a few tries but you literally dont even have to attack her. just keep running around the stairs to stay away from her attacks as much as you can. Make sure you have a breakout ability too. for her force slam attack.. helps alot. i hope this helps you! :)

I had read that somewhere, but it didn't help me. I am a casual player, not a professional achievment junkie, and she would either kill me before I got to the healing spirits or i would set it off accidentally on my character before she came close

• 6 years later...

its baffling that after years you couldn't beat this, i've been playing for few years and beat it several times on story and veteran mode im not bragging or anything becuse i had help every time, except once when i did it on story mode with top tier gear, its not easy fight by any margin but im pretty sure that you could've found help by now, idk what server you play on but its usually enough to go to gen chat and ask people for help and there will be volunteers, people on my server are pretty nice and ready to help with various things, if you truly can't beat it since 2017 (way before i even joined) then i think its high time you ask someone for help.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat

9 hours ago, KungFuKitteh said:

Now I remember why I quit the game! I tried everything listed here aside from grouping up, and nada. Still can't beat this YEARS later. I'm done. Cancelling my sub and playing something else. It's too hard for casual players.

Oh dear - you have all my sympathies. It's a horrible horrible tiresome fight. BUT please don't cancel your sub over it, I'm sure The Power of the Forum can help you!! Also, please don't smash your PC, speak harshly to your cat or throw toast at the postman. Tempting though that might be. :)

Can you let us know what class you are, what level and wotnot? <= I am dumb. I didn't check the forum. Sorry about that.

(you should also know I'm terrible at playing, so any combat SWTOR advice from me might not be best, but I'm sure other people will help!)

Edited by Jazulfi

What is it with these super entitled players who wants everything served to them on a plate? And when they have to pay attention and put in an effort, they whine about no one using the brooms in front of them.

This fight is super easy on story mode. Time consuming yes, but difficult, no. You actually dont have to put in an active effort if you dont want to. Just follow the mechanisms, and STAY OUT OF STUPID, and she goes down after 10-12 minutes. If you, aside from following the mechanisms, actually puts in a little effort (do damage) on your own on her during the fight, you can actually kill her in 5-7 minutes. 

Long fight yes, but dont make it worse than it is by saying it is hard. Because time consuming is NOT the same as hard nor difficult. Just try, thats all. And pay a little attention to what she does, and it will be fine.

• Like 2