Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace
09.25.2016 , 09:03 PM | #281
Killed NiM styrak tonight. https://www.twitch.tv/rydarus/v/91442831
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

GrandLordMenace
12.03.2016 , 01:44 AM | #282
New guide soon, eta end of this month.

Belegnole
12.04.2016 , 06:15 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
Thank you, my number crunching days are over. I appreciate it.
no matter where you go, there you are

Ranautus
12.12.2016 , 09:48 AM | #284
Your guides have been great. Can't t wait to see what this one has in store. I'm not running dps currently, but so be nice to see what the options are. Appreciate the time and effort taken to put it together.
Qai'Segin - Guardian | Darlox - Shadow | Qaisegin - Juggernaut
Crescendo
The Harbinger

Andrew_Past
12.12.2016 , 10:00 AM | #285
As you may have seen, I've returned to check out the changes. I don't know exactly how long I'll be back, but I'm enjoying it overall so far. Below are my initial thoughts. Let me know via PM if you want more details or assistance on the PVP portion of the guide.

Utilities in regs and yolos so far: http://dulfy.net/2014/10/13/swtor-di...ABGgIDCwwQDhMU
I might switch out through peace for second wind or pulse for yolos.

My initial thoughts in PVP is that we're very strong in regs, but are suffering from being perceived as very weak in ranked. However, my experience in solo ranked so far (only one night, but I learned a lot in that time) is that we're not as weak as initial perceptions, but are still slightly weaker than where we should be.

A lot of people are citing mobility issues, but I haven't had any problems with that. Using the blade blitz and combat focus root breaks in addition to having saber throw root and freezing force speed boost has allowed me to rarely miss more than 1 GCD due to being rooted or knocked back.

Speaking of blade blitz, it feels like it is the key to surviving getting bursted when you're the focus target it allows you to predict and avoid the initial burst and LOS range. Against maras, I let them jump on me, slow/mez them, and blade blitz either to our focus target or behind our team if I need to LOS more. I can follow up with saber throw root afterwards if I have an opportunity. I'll also use blade barrage root to kite melee with blade storm, whirling blade, and saber throw.

Against ranged (read, mercs lol), I'll blade blitz to LOS during their initial burst or reflect and walk to LOS. After that, I'm fairly free to get on our focus target, but stay close to LOS in case I get netted. I play around shield with push, root and los, hard stun, or a combination of these. I try to do the same with reflect, but if we're hard focusing the merc I'll dot up a near by target and vigilant thrust, then freezing force to avoid taking damage.
Andr-ew - Guardian || Andr-ia - Sentinel || Praeterius- Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || Harbinger, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

drummerinthesun
12.17.2016 , 10:10 PM | #286
I was afraid you had left. Good to see you around still. Since I'm impatient, I've looked at Dongo's parse on parsely here http://parsely.io/parser/view/221132/0

His priority seems to be bleeds>slam>rav>chilling scream>hew>sunder

No uses of saber throw at all. Impale, FS, Shatter, Slam, and Sunder all strictly on cooldown. Ravage once every 13.7 seconds, chilling scream every 17.5 seconds, and don't waste a hew proc. Now I realize just because he has the top parse right now doesn't mean it's the best way to play the spec. What are your initial thoughts on it?

I really can't believe how they butchered the keystone ability of the spec (not to mention the horrible animation for jugg's), and at MOST, if all three hits crit in my current gear, it does 10k damage to me impale's 14k. Pitiful.
Darkness Assassin - Cai'us, The Shadowlands
Vengeance Juggernaut- Ca'ius, The Shadowlands
Pandamonium

GrandLordMenace
12.18.2016 , 01:48 AM | #287
Quote: Originally Posted by drummerinthesun View Post
I was afraid you had left. Good to see you around still. Since I'm impatient, I've looked at Dongo's parse on parsely here http://parsely.io/parser/view/221132/0

His priority seems to be bleeds>slam>rav>chilling scream>hew>sunder

No uses of saber throw at all. Impale, FS, Shatter, Slam, and Sunder all strictly on cooldown. Ravage once every 13.7 seconds, chilling scream every 17.5 seconds, and don't waste a hew proc. Now I realize just because he has the top parse right now doesn't mean it's the best way to play the spec. What are your initial thoughts on it?

I really can't believe how they butchered the keystone ability of the spec (not to mention the horrible animation for jugg's), and at MOST, if all three hits crit in my current gear, it does 10k damage to me impale's 14k. Pitiful.

I don't have a priority anymore. I just keep literally everything on CD. I'm on vacation and working on the guide, but I'll make a video soon.

I'm making the rotation to be as painless as possible when they inevitably will mess with chilling scream's damage, I honestly don't like the ability from a playstyle perspective so I've excised it as much as possible from my parses.

GrandLordMenace
12.28.2016 , 02:29 AM | #288
Both iterations are now done, awaiting Dulfy to post them to her site after formatting.

Alec_Fortescue
12.28.2016 , 06:40 AM | #289
Both iterations are now done, awaiting Dulfy to post them to her site after formatting.
\o/ Good man. Looking forward to reading.

GrandLordMenace
12.30.2016 , 02:17 PM | #290