Season 6 Predacious Reward Teaser Blog

TaitWatson

Tell me what rewards you've got and I'll tell you which class you've played.

I got silver. Go! :D It's not my sorc, but it is imp side unfortunately. :(

Titles don't do anything for me, but I'm gonna get the weapon box and black-silver crystals (I love silver). The flags seem interesting, although I wonder how useful that will be since people tend to respawn immediately, so you'll probably not have their corpse marked for more than half a second at best. So...does the flag disappear when the char re-spawns, or does it linger in the spot for a time? I would guess that it would linger, which is still kind of cool.

This new flag makes me thing of

After all it will be used by people to mock people they think are really bad not to say oh well done. Bit stupid to suggest anything else.

Makes me think of A Million Ways to Die in the West when Charlize Theron knocks out Liam Neeson and pulls his pants down to stick a daisy between his cheeks.

We ask for armor and we get a flag. Stupid. Especially since players can respawn before anyone will be able to see it anyway.

i think the flag is a great idea! Would love to get the golden one, but i am afraid i will only make silver. In arenas players don't respawn before round is over... So there is plenty of time to put them into the corpses ;-) the gold-green colour crystal also looks good

Are the end of season tokens Legacy bound?

Or do we have to grind the season currency all on one character in order to purchase rewards above our tier?

For example, if you end up in the bronze solo catagory, but have a few alts who do the same, can you transfer the tokens to one character to purchase what you'd like?

Or do you have to stick to one character and try and save up to 20,000 to buy the weapon set?

If the latter, that kind of defeats a lot of the incentive to participate in ranked. By definition, especially in solo queue, most players will be average and not be able to get a silver-tier ranking. Making the weapon set 20,000 tokens basically puts it out of reach, which I thought was the whole point of having the token system.

Edited by arunav

Are the end of season tokens Legacy bound?

Or do we have to grind the season currency all on one character in order to purchase rewards above our tier?

For example, if you end up in the bronze solo catagory, but have a few alts who do the same, can you transfer the tokens to one character to purchase what you'd like?

Or do you have to stick to one character and try and save up to 20,000 to buy the weapon set?

If the latter, that kind of defeats a lot of the incentive to participate in ranked. By definition, especially in solo queue, most players will be average and not be able to get a silver-tier ranking. Making the weapon set 20,000 tokens basically puts it out of reach, which I thought was the whole point of having the token system.

I fear its the former, but making tokens legacy bound would be awesome.

They could have a legacy token box similar to warzones that people could transfer.

However, I think that will never happen. A lot of people get tier 2 according to the leaderboards. That means they would only need to do two characters and they could stop doing ranked for the season.

Most people want the weapons but would work for the mount since its the "special snowflake" reward.

What I'm doing is getting tier 2 on my sorc for the weapons, then grinding out on my sage for the mount.

Tier 2 shouldn't be hard to achieve on at least one character and that nets you enough tokens for the weapon set.

I fear its the former, but making tokens legacy bound would be awesome.

They could have a legacy token box similar to warzones that people could transfer.

However, I think that will never happen. A lot of people get tier 2 according to the leaderboards. That means they would only need to do two characters and they could stop doing ranked for the season.

Most people want the weapons but would work for the mount since its the "special snowflake" reward.

What I'm doing is getting tier 2 on my sorc for the weapons, then grinding out on my sage for the mount.

Tier 2 shouldn't be hard to achieve on at least one character and that nets you enough tokens for the weapon set.

I'm pretty new to the ranked scene (tried it on one character last season, but only at the end for 15 matches or so).

What would you recommend for, in terms of number of matches, for trying to get silver on one character? I simply want to get the weapon set for Season 6.

Currently play a Guardian and Jugg (Vigilance/Vengeance) with legacy gear, everything is 174s and whatnot. So far, the results have been 4-3 on the Guardian, 3-4 on the Jugg.

Do you simply keep queuing until you get a win that puts you into the Silver catagory?

I guess I'm asking for your recommendation on how to get into the SIlver-tier (I am decent on my characters, but solo queue is always a gamble), and also kind of how ELO works, since the rewards graph mentions your highest rating as the one it takes for the final ranking.

Thanks a lot.

I'm pretty new to the ranked scene (tried it on one character last season, but only at the end for 15 matches or so).

What would you recommend for, in terms of number of matches, for trying to get silver on one character? I simply want to get the weapon set for Season 6.

Currently play a Guardian and Jugg (Vigilance/Vengeance) with legacy gear, everything is 174s and whatnot. So far, the results have been 4-3 on the Guardian, 3-4 on the Jugg.

Do you simply keep queuing until you get a win that puts you into the Silver catagory?

I guess I'm asking for your recommendation on how to get into the SIlver-tier (I am decent on my characters, but solo queue is always a gamble), and also kind of how ELO works, since the rewards graph mentions your highest rating as the one it takes for the final ranking.

Thanks a lot.

In terms of matches? No idea. Try your best the first 10 is a good start because those are weighed heavily in your initial rating.

That 4-3 sounds pretty familiar to how I started this season. I think I got my 10 matches starting around 1275-1300. From there its just putting in the matches.

So I have a thread that explains how to be a good contender. I'm very mediocre, I'm up and down with my rating, but its all about remembering who the other three players are.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=831356

It didn't get as much heat as I expected, but at least it was viewed by some.

Silver tier shouldn't be too bad to accomplish. They have tokens this season, so if your rating gets tanked, have to do that dirty grind.

Good luck, I know it sucks trust me :rak_03:

Guard/Jugg is one of the worst ranked classes. I would try something else. I did pretty horrible with my jug/guardian last season, had no chance of hitting silver. This season, I hit 1350+ after 21 games on my mara. I'm not any better at mara than jugg - it's the class.