Turn off Screen Shake?

cacophonycat

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the screen shake effects? They make me sick. I didn't pay for a subscription to be given migraines and have to give up ten minutes into playing. I've tried googling it, searching the forum, and adjusting some of the preferences but I haven't found a solution yet. I wasn't sure if I simply missed something. Sorry, just very frustrated right now.

Thank you.

I'd also have to ask - what screen shake?

I think there may be a few times when the screen shakes as part of an explosion effect, or ground tremor, but it's not something that happens continuously.

Edited by JediQuaker

It might not be relevant, but I've noticed that it seems to happen a bit when there's a Jedi sage in the area. I know that their big AOE causes some shake for the one playing the sage, and I just assumed that when it happened while playing a different class that it was because of a sage in the area. I'm not sure that there's a way to turn it off though. I've even had it happen in cutscenes, but those seemed to be from explosions.

• 7 months later...

I've wanted this for years! I can not play certain classes because of this. Force scream, force leap, smash for example give me bad headaches. I have found lots of other people making posts about this over the years, and it is not only this game. I think it affects a small amount of people, some worse then others,. I had to quit dragon age inquisition because of it, like literally every other ability in that game makes the screen shake.

Here is a post from 2012

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=401187

Edited by Ignobull

• 3 years later...
In game->control->camera->global camera shake to 0

Huh. Well, you learn something new every day. Thanks.

As I said above, it's not a big thing, although it happens more than I'd expect on Alderaan. For reference, I also play Guild Wars 2, and the screen shake there can be seriously ridiculous. The Pig Iron Quarry area contains a jumping puzzle, and if you have screen shake on, in one part of the JP the screen is shaking by a quarter or more of its height.

Needless to say, I have it turned off in GW2...