I understand now why swtor pvp is ****

Forbiddian

Lets make it easy

- ppl say SWTOR PVP is ****

- i try SWTOR PVP a has a blast, one of most funny pvp ive seen

- get in lvl 30-54 bracket

- ppl with up to 24 more points to spend, more abilities.

- facing premades as solo player

- i know understand

- swtor pvp is ****

You seriously just judged pvp because of lowbies and premades? You know you are fully capable of grouping up with others yourself right? And for the lowbies bracket....its lowbies, you get bolstered, and the lower level you are the higher the bolster. I easily kill higher level players all the time on my lowbie alts. Edited by Raansu

Lets make it easy

- i know understand

- swtor pvp is ****

If u can`t take the heat you leave and requeue buddy, in lowbies anything can happen

Here's my problem with premades. You have at least 2 healers and at least 1 tank. Healer #1 gets focused, tank guards healer takes 50% of the damage plus 5% damage reduction and if the tank is good he'll use his taunts liberally which will account for more damage reduction. Meanwhile healer #2 is free casting on healer #1 and Tank. If the group changes focus to healer #2 the tank swaps guard to healer #2 and same thing happens again. Say everyone focuses on the Tank? Then he gets double healed from healer #1 and healer #2. No one dies. You need at least 5 players on the opposing team to have a chance at killing at least one of the trio. Meanwhile the rest of the opposing team has basically free reign to go about killing capping interrupting the team that it is almost impossible to do anything and the game becomes a bore. The only way to counter this is to have your own premade group, then you end up with a match where virtually no one dies and it's almost impossible to cap anything. 1 tank 1 healer isn't as hard to beat if you have the numbers but 2 healers and 1 tank played well is virtually impossible in pub. Compound that with the fact that because the matches are not death match they just come right back after you kill them and you have to start all over. Bioware needs to address this by either putting a timer on the guard swap or making returns on healing diminishing with multiple healers or limiting the number of healers in a match. Edited by chosonman

Here's my problem with premades. You have at least 2 healers and at least 1 tank.

Are you implying that the most general form of premades u meet run with 2 healers and "atleast" 1 tank?

Not even at 55, 80% of the time i usually end up in a 4man DPS or 3dps and a healer combos, very rarely into a 1tank/1heal/2 dps case.

Lets make it easy

- i know understand

- swtor pvp is ****

Seems like a weird perspective mang. Lowest bracket is carte blanche to kill people learning to play but I don't see how it's a blast compared to mid. They're both silly ****. Might want to reserve judgement until 55 when everyone (hopefully :rak_09:) has spent the same amount of tree points.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Here's my problem with premades. You have at least 2 healers and at least 1 tank. Healer #1 gets focused, tank guards healer takes 50% of the damage plus 5% damage reduction and if the tank is good he'll use his taunts liberally which will account for more damage reduction. Meanwhile healer #2 is free casting on healer #1 and Tank. If the group changes focus to healer #2 the tank swaps guard to healer #2 and same thing happens again. Say everyone focuses on the Tank? Then he gets double healed from healer #1 and healer #2. No one dies. You need at least 5 players on the opposing team to have a chance at killing at least one of the trio. Meanwhile the rest of the opposing team has basically free reign to go about killing capping interrupting the team that it is almost impossible to do anything and the game becomes a bore. The only way to counter this is to have your own premade group, then you end up with a match where virtually no one dies and it's almost impossible to cap anything. 1 tank 1 healer isn't as hard to beat if you have the numbers but 2 healers and 1 tank played well is virtually impossible in pub. Compound that with the fact that because the matches are not death match they just come right back after you kill them and you have to start all over. Bioware needs to address this by either putting a timer on the guard swap or making returns on healing diminishing with multiple healers or limiting the number of healers in a match.

So this is assuming you are talking about good 1 healer 3 dps vs good 2 healers 1 tank and 1 dps? I played this before in a ranked matched with my guildies. I will say unless the tank knows what he is doing and does it it can be hard to break but no way impossible. We went 2-1 by out surviving one match and luck the second. All you have l do is focus on stunning, interrupting and switching dps focus to confuse the healer who is getting purely focused.

2 healers 1 tank 1 dps from a arena standpoint is a ****** set up and doesn't get anything done even with a decent team. 1 healer 3 dps even or 2 healers 2 dps is a lot stronger.

Edited by kissingaiur

So this is assuming you are talking about good 1 healer 3 dps vs good 2 healers 1 tank and 1 dps? I played this before in a ranked matched with my guildies. I will say unless the tank knows what he is doing and does it it can be hard to break but no way impossible. We went 2-1 by out surviving one match and luck the second. All you have l do is focus on stunning, interrupting and switching dps focus to confuse the healer who is getting purely focused.

2 healers 1 tank 1 dps from a arena standpoint is a ****** set up and doesn't get anything done even with a decent team. 1 healer 3 dps even or 2 healers 2 dps is a lot stronger.

I don't even think he's talking about arenas, in arenas 2 healers 1 tank and 1 dps is a terrible comp...the rounds will last forever because that team's DPS output is horrible, and if the other team has enough burst or a Jugg with a force push, the DPS might not even be able to survive a decent focus fire.

Here's my problem with premades. You have at least 2 healers and at least 1 tank. Healer #1 gets focused, tank guards healer takes 50% of the damage plus 5% damage reduction and if the tank is good he'll use his taunts liberally which will account for more damage reduction. Meanwhile healer #2 is free casting on healer #1 and Tank. If the group changes focus to healer #2 the tank swaps guard to healer #2 and same thing happens again. Say everyone focuses on the Tank? Then he gets double healed from healer #1 and healer #2. No one dies. You need at least 5 players on the opposing team to have a chance at killing at least one of the trio. Meanwhile the rest of the opposing team has basically free reign to go about killing capping interrupting the team that it is almost impossible to do anything and the game becomes a bore. The only way to counter this is to have your own premade group, then you end up with a match where virtually no one dies and it's almost impossible to cap anything. 1 tank 1 healer isn't as hard to beat if you have the numbers but 2 healers and 1 tank played well is virtually impossible in pub. Compound that with the fact that because the matches are not death match they just come right back after you kill them and you have to start all over. Bioware needs to address this by either putting a timer on the guard swap or making returns on healing diminishing with multiple healers or limiting the number of healers in a match.

You cry about premades a lot. Make some friends lol

Arenas are a different story since it's death match so once you're able to eliminate one the game is over. More than likely on a good team they won't stand a chance against 3 dps and a healer or even 4 dps. BUT, in regs where you have 8 players 2 healers and 1 tank can be a nightmare in capture maps because they basically don't die the entire time and if they do they come right back after a few seconds making it almost impossible to cap a node.

I don't even think he's talking about arenas, in arenas 2 healers 1 tank and 1 dps is a terrible comp...the rounds will last forever because that team's DPS output is horrible, and if the other team has enough burst or a Jugg with a force push, the DPS might not even be able to survive a decent focus fire.

Thanks for the lecture. If he wasn't talking about an arena why would it ever be a problem? 5 dps attacking a healer with guard is going to stomped... That's why I assumed he was talking about 4v4.

This entire scenario has absolutely nothing to do with premades...

wait, you are arguing about a pre-made being balanced.......but but but coach, you want us to pick up 5 guys off the street, but what if we have no one that can dribble the basketball. What if we get 5 centers and no point guard....

Most will argue that pre-mades are what you are SUPPOSED TO DO. You are gimping yourself if you are not. If you go in without, you're the one doing it and at your own risk. I would even further add that at leaset half the pre-mades aren't that organized too. Just 3 or 4 guildies gropuing to do unranked, and probably half of those aren't even in a chat channel together.

Arenas are a different story since it's death match so once you're able to eliminate one the game is over. More than likely on a good team they won't stand a chance against 3 dps and a healer or even 4 dps. BUT, in regs where you have 8 players 2 healers and 1 tank can be a nightmare in capture maps because they basically don't die the entire time and if they do they come right back after a few seconds making it almost impossible to cap a node.

so basically nerf tanks , healers, and premades. or why not just group with a healer or tank yourself.

k not that this scenario could happen but NC CW VS you can attack different nodes and get the team out of place if i remember correctly. you yourself are describing a death match scenario which you will never win

Lets make it easy

- i know understand

- swtor pvp is ****

Please tell me you are leaving, if so then send your stuff to one of my characters

pvp in pretty much every game is garbage, not sure why people would think otherwise.

EvE Online has the best PvP I've ever seen - mostly because it's so extensive

Imagine a game where the creators encourage you to scam other players

Imagine a game where infiltrating other guilds and stealing their stuff is laudable

Imagine a game where hunting people down and stealing their stuff costs them real money

Imagine a true PvP game

Imagine Eve Online