ETA for Patch 6.2?

Ylliarus

I wanted to ask whether the devs have been able to determine a more concrete release date for patch 6.2, which according to the new patch numbering system would include the new story installment of the Kira & Scourge arc. In a previous update, Charles Boyd had stated that their aim was to release that story late summer or early fall, depending on how things would unfold regarding the global pandemic. Is that still the targeted release period or have things sped up since the recording studios were opened again?

If we could get a few updates around this, that would be great! :)

Edited by Ylliarus

Don't sound ancy to find out. Like Microsoft, EA is one of the last companies you ever want to rush a release.

Oh, I wouldn't dream of rushing EA regarding the patch! We saw what happened with patch 6.1.2, of which the bugs still invest the game.

However, it would be nice to know the updated timetable, if there is one :) as the upcoming story update sounds very interesting, I can't deny I am anticipating it highly!

Ya true, they can take all the time they need to make it right....I hope! Just really excited for the story that's like the real reason I play this game is for the different stories. Used to be into hardcore raiding when I was younger, but I kind of mellowed out now I have many many toons I keep doing more and more stories just to see the little differences in the different ones. I hoping that will tide me over til the new patch comes.

6.2 ??

Hmmm

I like the idea … but for now I can wait for a while ..

(hears Jaws theme song begin to start up faintly in back ground ) … :eek:

Maybe a good … long while !

:D:D:D

Well, it's not an idea really, as patch 6.2 has already been announced by Charles Boyd to continue the Kira & Scourge story arc :) however, the Creative Director stated that their initial release date for it was late summer or early fall, depending on how things will unfold with the virus. As such, I was interested in knowing whether things have changed, whether the opening of the recording studios (which was announced to have happened a while ago) has influenced the target release date :)

I don't mind waiting, as long as there's no major bugs, and more unasked for ui bars shoving CM stuff in our face, or adverts are attached...

True enough, I sincerely hope they'll take the time to polish the patch up and make sure it's as bug-free as possible before they implement it in the game. Still, it would be nice to know whether the general timetable for the release date for patch 6.2 has been updated or changed. Most likely the target of late summer/early fall is still the most likely, but it would be great to receive confirmation of that :D

Still, it would be nice to know whether the general timetable for the release date for patch 6.2 has been updated or changed. Most likely the target of late summer/early fall is still the most likely, but it would be great to receive confirmation of that :D

there was a post where it was said they've got the go ahead, and are back in the studio recording, so that's a plus. So hopefully, late summer, early autumn will still be possible :) Although in a lot of places, as soon as restrictions were eased, the damn rates started going back up again :(

6.2 ??

Hmmm

I like the idea … but for now I can wait for a while ..

(hears Jaws theme song begin to start up faintly in back ground ) … :eek:

Maybe a good … long while !

:D:D:D

Well, it's not an idea really, as patch 6.2 has already been announced by Charles Boyd to continue the Kira & Scourge story arc :) however, the Creative Director stated that their initial release date for it was late summer or early fall, depending on how things will unfold with the virus. As such, I was interested in knowing whether things have changed, whether the opening of the recording studios (which was announced to have happened a while ago) has influenced the target release date :)

[/snip]

ummm

sorry .. but my point was more of an light hearted approach to the problem of the ominous lurking bug …

Seems like we've seen an abundance of those the last few months / over a year now. And top be perfectly candid about it: not everyone is going to be patient. IMO … someone one on the QC side of the team needs more help with checking for bugs BEFORE release. AND additionally needs even MORE help in dealing with some bugs that have been around for a while now.

Too many bugs .. some that are more difficult than others.

That was why I chose the whole "JAWS" background music … very ominous … yet they are there …

Just when you thought it was safe …

GOTCHA !!! :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry .. bad post / theatrics on my part !

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

I kinda feel less excited about it all though. Initially I loved the new Empire side story of 6.0 and then I played through the Rep side. What I wasn't expecting was to have faction stories deviate on the outcome of main events. That just made it all meh for me.

6.1.2 was originally going to be released first of april and 6.2 was going to be released in may but due to corona 6.2 got july push back then pushed back again until supposedly august. and that was the last thing we have heard about it they were starting the voice recordings for it guess they got the rest of it done a long while ago considering it was their focus rather than 6.1.2 probably why 6.1.2 had so many bugs they were more focused on working with the kira and scourge storyline than they were with the swoop bike event. the devs even stated several times that 6.2 was a high priority on development over a lot of other content.

the original schedule of release probably would have had september or october for the next content release patch. but the virus has screwed everything up and they arent able to work on it in the groups they were before the virus.

I bought a 2 month sub in May, hoping we'd have some content by then. Since it's apparent that we will not, I guess I'll just allow that to lapse and re-subscribe when we do.

Look, I want to pay for this game. I've been here since launch. But the production pace has fallen to near 0 and I can't justify paying a subscription to keep playing the same content since launch.

Nearly every operation run is EV through ToS, mostly just EV and KP. The newest operations are simply too hard for the casual playerbase.

The majority of groupfinder pops are launch FP's, specifically the lower level ones.

I'm tired of playing that content only. Please tweak the more modern content to be as easy as the launch content so that we all can actually get groups for it.

I bought a 2 month sub in May, hoping we'd have some content by then. Since it's apparent that we will not, I guess I'll just allow that to lapse and re-subscribe when we do.

Look, I want to pay for this game. I've been here since launch. But the production pace has fallen to near 0 and I can't justify paying a subscription to keep playing the same content since launch.

Nearly every operation run is EV through ToS, mostly just EV and KP. The newest operations are simply too hard for the casual playerbase.

The majority of groupfinder pops are launch FP's, specifically the lower level ones.

I'm tired of playing that content only. Please tweak the more modern content to be as easy as the launch content so that we all can actually get groups for it.

The way around all that is to start your own op group, or FP groups, and pick the content you want to do. It happens quite a lot on SF. Or join a guild, that specifically does ops.

It won't negate the lack of content by BW, but it will give you a chance to do the content they have, and the one you want, till we have something new.

The way around all that is to start your own op group, or FP groups, and pick the content you want to do. It happens quite a lot on SF. Or join a guild, that specifically does ops.

It won't negate the lack of content by BW, but it will give you a chance to do the content they have, and the one you want, till we have something new.

Nope, I joined about 8 of the large SF guilds that advertise about doing story mode ops. In about 4 months, during quarantine mind you, I've seen 1 GFTM ops advertised and it didn't happen. I've seen 0 of the new DXUN ops advertised. Each guild that started promising with 3 or so ops a week all dropped off rapidly from fatigue. Now they generally do 1 ops a week, but constantly do silly stuff like world bosses or rampages. These are large, well known SF guilds.

Did find my way into a DXUN one via a pug on fleet 1 time. It seemed like an interesting ops, but just tuned too hard for the casual groups. We beat 1 boss after 3 or 4 wipes and group disbanded. Not exactly the experience I'm looking for.

That's why I refuse to join any type of set group. They all are based around progression raiding where you wipe as many times as necessary for about 2 hours a night. That's not my idea of fun at all. I want to finish the raid every time I start and do so in 2 hours at most. That was easy to do at launch, even on hard mode, but now it seems everyone has forgotten that.

Hopefully there's at least some story update around the corner. If I understood correctly 6.2 should be actual playable content, not just a cut scene.

Nope, I joined about 8 of the large SF guilds that advertise about doing story mode ops. In about 4 months, during quarantine mind you, I've seen 1 GFTM ops advertised and it didn't happen. I've seen 0 of the new DXUN ops advertised. Each guild that started promising with 3 or so ops a week all dropped off rapidly from fatigue. Now they generally do 1 ops a week, but constantly do silly stuff like world bosses or rampages. These are large, well known SF guilds.

Did find my way into a DXUN one via a pug on fleet 1 time. It seemed like an interesting ops, but just tuned too hard for the casual groups. We beat 1 boss after 3 or 4 wipes and group disbanded. Not exactly the experience I'm looking for.

That's why I refuse to join any type of set group. They all are based around progression raiding where you wipe as many times as necessary for about 2 hours a night. That's not my idea of fun at all. I want to finish the raid every time I start and do so in 2 hours at most. That was easy to do at launch, even on hard mode, but now it seems everyone has forgotten that.

Hopefully there's at least some story update around the corner. If I understood correctly 6.2 should be actual playable content, not just a cut scene.

That's a shame, haven't done ops in a while, it's a shame to see this happen :(

• 5 weeks later...
I was kind of wondering if All our Austin people and I Mean every Dev every person all the way down to janitors everyone family's plus voice actors everyone could move to Canada =) >.> They are all extremely important people Vital even and relocate to Bioware Edmonton =) They keep everyone sane. So really with the low rate of infection in the healthy North Then we could have content without fear of loosing our exceptionally Psychological Necessary people! ( I am thinking its a good excuse for the whole group to move here =) and the worry is real) I would rather keep them safe and will keep paying and hoping content comes.. but not at the cost of lives ... sorry.. and hope for a wedding lol Theron True love!!!!