"Workaround" for the train wrecks we know as Flashpoints...

If you can get someone to quit the group (myriad of ways to do this, some nice, some not) pull out your best companion in heal mode...it's just like you remember it.

I've never failed a FP since 4.0 with a comp out in heals mode and I've only completed one without it (and that was just because I wasn't going to give up on that one...).

I should point out I've got entry level gear all 206 with some radiant gear...

Edited by Narasil

4.0 killed a lot of things for me but especially the whole companion / flashpoint dynamic. A large benefit to the old system (and one of its most endearing qualities imho) was the challenge of gearing up and tuning both character & companion for each planet's non-sync'd end game flashpoint; then level appropriately multitasking between character and companion to clear them. Not geared enough yet? Get a couple more levels with a couple new abilities, improve the gear, the rotation and the teamwork and go back again. Rinse & repeat until you got it right. Was great Ops training. Ditto for HMs.

Well, kiss the leveling education MO goodbye. Players who aren't being weaned in an Ops guild end up weak at end game mechanics because they're having everything done for them on the way up. Elitist jerks could surmise that the system pumps out returds because the system itself is returded. With the game being dumbed down even further to accommodate the anticipated onslaught of new players courtesy of The Force Awakens, a lot more understanding & mentoring will be required. FP options that are limited to either uber-OP Jeezus Droids doing all the solo mode work for us, or a spastic tactical mode that doesn't balance a damn thing for lowbies, aren't helping.

This forced down our throats always on one size fits all level sync system sucks balls. Give us back a non-level sync'd mode. But that's just me.

Edited by GalacticKegger

If you can get someone to quit the group (myriad of ways to do this, some nice, some not) pull out your best companion in heal mode...it's just like you remember it.

As a healer before the companions got "nerfed" getting kicked as soon as you zoned into a FP to be replaced with a high influence companion was infuriating, they didn't even give you a chance.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

The workaround is to run them solo or duo with a friend, or just ignore them as the rewards are not worth the effort.
Having done LS and DS variants of KotFe's leveling story, I'm ignoring it now because my wife and I can't level through it together unless one of us wants to watch the other one play for a few hours. I'm ignoring my companions because they went from being configurable sidekicks to end game hub mannequins. Now I'm having to ignore flashpoints because the choice is to either blow through what's available in solo mode as a leveling lowbie, or revisit them as unbalanced tacticals in the elder game.

I'm running out of things to ignore. :mad:

Edited by GalacticKegger