Top 3 GTN annoyances

Raora

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it really depends on the material being listed. For example I make most of my money of Advanced Nerual Augmentors. Since they on average sell at 15k a pop and there are a quite a few people out there who are 1-5 short. Listing several up in singular stacks just makes sense.

Things like durasteel and upari crystals on the other hand the smallest I would list them in is a stack of 10

Edited by EnalisNailo

Wel my biggest issue with the gtn is people dont understand it.

I make my Credits with the crew mission.

How you ask.

Easy i sell mine for lowest price on gtn

Around 12k for most crew missions people stelling it slight under me.... Oke no problem

However there are Guy/girls selling it for basic price 3/4k!

What are the thinking check the freaking price before posting!!!

This not only happens in the crewmission but also in crafting stuf i mean got 20 mandelorian iron for 3k a pièce?

The curnt price on market is 15/20k

A wel there lose but why not give it for free than?

I mean main thing you need on gtn is patience

I find it annoying when people are selling lowbie mats for outrageous prices. Yes I understand that its supply and demand. But I see common level 2 go for 2.5cu in stacks of 50!! You may as well not even list stuff because other crafters can't buy it and make a profit off the things they sell. I'll just not craft that item today and we both lose out on profits. Lower the price and it would all sell...

Level 2 commons for 2.5cu and level 3 commons for 5cu!!!!! This is not an overall example of the entire server economy. Its just an example of crazy pricing by a few low rent gatherers who are a little too ambitious...

They're obviously making money. People love crafting, and twinking their lowbie alts. Hence, high level players with cash buy low level materials at high prices. There are ways to make money consistently on crafting but buying materials on GTN to craft is not it, unless you scour GTN reguarly for people selling at default price. In fact, you can make more money farming low and mid level materials than fron doing dailies, if you can put up with the tedium,

• 1 month later...

F2p has dropped prices so much it's annoying.

On the good side, I can now list alot more that just 50 items at a time to make up for the lower prices.

I still have no idea why people list materials in units of 1? Can they not do the math?

• 2 weeks later...

On the good side, I can now list alot more that just 50 items at a time to make up for the lower prices.

I still have no idea why people list materials in units of 1? Can they not do the math?

I have listed more and I'm making alot more now but I have torn through my 3 cargo bays full of reserve resources.

1) Lack of being able to sort out the heavy str and aim gear into different searches. Same for medium cunning vs str gear.

2) Not being able to right click on an item to get its text inserted into the text search box, so that I can see what it is currently listed at.

3) Clicking or double clicking on the right side of the text box (INSIDE THE TEXT BOX) does not register as a click inside the text box. You have to click about 70% from the left to the right or less in order to get it to register.

"Googlize" the GTN Search function or something. It is a real pain in the ??? looking for a schematic and of course what was listed by the OP.

As for overcrowding, that does not effect me because either I go to another instance or enter my starship. Unfortunately, this also means Bioware will not address overcrowding because there is already an out either through creds or cartel coins to add a GTN Kiosk on board your ships. The good news at this time, it applies to all characters in your legacy.

I have found that it is spotty. Some thngs went up and other things dropped. The Bio bug kllled the price of Mutagenic Paste although over the last few days it is starting to come back. I am selling a ton of crafted gear in addition to my usual mats and making a ton of credits from them. I never bothered with that before the f2p hit.

I think that all in all prices have actually increased. I am on Harbinger and deal in mats at all levels and from all crew skills.

I have seen a lot of crazy low listings (your ballpark) where I have bought and relisted and made a killing as well.

As far as people listing one item at a time, I just ignore them and page through the first few pages of listings. I can't comprehend why (especially with the limited GTN interface) anyone would take the timee to list one item at a time, but to each their own. LOL, they will never make a million credits one listing at a time.

I have found that it is spotty. Some thngs went up and other things dropped. The Bio bug kllled the price of Mutagenic Paste although over the last few days it is starting to come back. I am selling a ton of crafted gear in addition to my usual mats and making a ton of credits from them. I never bothered with that before the f2p hit.

I think that all in all prices have actually increased. I am on Harbinger and deal in mats at all levels and from all crew skills.

I have seen a lot of crazy low listings (your ballpark) where I have bought and relisted and made a killing as well.

As far as people listing one item at a time, I just ignore them and page through the first few pages of listings. I can't comprehend why (especially with the limited GTN interface) anyone would take the timee to list one item at a time, but to each their own. LOL, they will never make a million credits one listing at a time.

you are right, somethings have gone up but used to be staples of selling for 1200cpu like polyplast and electrum now sell for 650-800cpu range

People who overprice to the extreme. Example, a green level 7 +1 crit crystal (blue band item) for 5k. Who the hell at lvl 7 is going to afford/be stupid enough to buy that?!

This for me along with other kind of stupid pricing a la:

Item X priced @ 10,000 credits

Item X priced @ 9,999 credits

And so on.. i mean honestly, does that ever work? Cos if i need something and just have to use the GTN and checking the prices i see that crap i will always buy the more expensive one as if people honestly think their massive 'discount' draws buyers, eh.. :rak_03:

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Raora

This is why I have a Mailbox and GTN terminal on my ship. Pure isolation :)

you are right, somethings have gone up but used to be staples of selling for 1200cpu like polyplast and electrum now sell for 650-800cpu range

I've been getting about 1,050 for Polyplast and it sells like hot cakes. Electrum is about 700 per unit and is not a fast seller.

On the other hand, things like MK-6 kits were at around 32,000 per and now easily go for about 38,000. I sold ten yesterday in the 40,000+ range.

LOL, things like Biometric Alloy which was in the 100,000+ range go for about 3,000 each. Yesterday I picked up ten (for my own crafting) at 700 each.

Early on I was concerned about being a one trick pony and built a large product base. It has paid off and I stack mats that I know will always be in demand but are selling low at the moment and list / dump the ones that are selling high at any time. Mutagenic Paste always sold at a good price and then tanked. I stacked a couple of thousand of them in my cargo hold. It has taken a bit of time, but the pricing (at least for now) has come back and is higher than it had been. So I dumped a lot of paste this weekend and made a ton of profit.

Except for few specific mats, the GTN market has always exhibited wide variations in pricing for any mat over a length of time. This is because there is not a constant demand or high volume of sales for most items , So my approach is to keep reserves and move with the markets - list what is high and build cargo hold reserves for what is not,

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1,

Couldn't agree more with this one.

If I need a few of something I REFUSE to buy from someone that puts up dozens of 1 piece of an item.

I avoid them like the plague, I don't care if I have to pay double the price, I won't buy from them. Period.

All they are trying to do is have their product listed on multiple pages to increase sales.

Sorry Charlie, I will never buy from you if you're selling 50 individual mutagenic paste, not even for 1 credit.

People who undercut too much. When you're undercutting for over 35% you're not helping yourself or the market for that item. Overtime this practice only lowers the price of said item to a fraction of what it once was (whether the demand or supply have increased it still happens).

Couldn't agree more with this one.

If I need a few of something I REFUSE to buy from someone that puts up dozens of 1 piece of an item.

I avoid them like the plague, I don't care if I have to pay double the price, I won't buy from them. Period.

All they are trying to do is have their product listed on multiple pages to increase sales.

Sorry Charlie, I will never buy from you if you're selling 50 individual mutagenic paste, not even for 1 credit.

As do I. Wish they could make you use stacks of 5 or more for green or blue mats and allow only purples to do stacks of 1 or 2.

Tho admittedly I would snap up an mat at 1 credit no matter what. :p

Drop-down menus and stupid search system:

Okay, its me again. Now with proofs! :D

I need to find: Armor > Adaptive Armor > Belt

Results: http://i.imgur.com/R2WVW.jpg (not all found)

or

Armor > Adaptive Armor > Experimental

Results: http://i.imgur.com/ZsHYy.jpg (nothing was found)

Manual search: http://i.imgur.com/PIjzE.jpg (Experimental found!)

Manual search: http://i.imgur.com/JfSS7.jpg (Experimental + Belt found! LOL! :p)

Also, result varies from time to time (for example - today i found "belt", but not tomorrow). ie this is not search but a random search. :confused:

Please, fix it!

This for me along with other kind of stupid pricing a la:

Item X priced @ 10,000 credits

Item X priced @ 9,999 credits

And so on.. i mean honestly, does that ever work? Cos if i need something and just have to use the GTN and checking the prices i see that crap i will always buy the more expensive one as if people honestly think their massive 'discount' draws buyers, eh.. :rak_03:

It works really really well actually. It is also makes the market much more stable (in the favour of all sellers) than the alternative.

People who belive they can get 30k plus for their level 15 armor.

Shadowlands has a bad case of this now, 30k+ for power crystals, yet CC Speeders are going for 5k each. I keep buying them up for alts and reselling them in the morning I have at leasted doubled my money.