Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Mood on Master D is so depressing, population dropped significantly, and people are clearing out toons in order to leave.

Such a shame, if your going to reverse this decision bioware, do it soon

So true, I came to say the same thing.

People are literally GIVING AWAY THEIR STUFF.

Fkng weird. Hard to stay interested.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So dropping from 10 people on the fleet to 4, and bioware offering a merge to a populated server is a bad thing? :confused:

People just naturally dont want to go backwards in gameplay. Thats whats happening. End of the world? No. But may as well try other games now since SWTOR doesnt have the lag edge.

hahah yeah goof balls

Like i said b4 remember a petition went around last time about an EAWARE game? how did that turn out? Exactly

You guys are seriously deluded if you think that will change anything :rolleyes:

Why are you lobbying so hard on this thread? We understand your views. You like the server merge, you don't like reading from other people who don't like it.

We get that. Thanks, its understood.

Are you afraid they might just change their minds?

So dropping from 10 people on the fleet to 4, and bioware offering a merge to a populated server is a bad thing? :confused:

I wish there was an ignore button for the forums. You would be the first person I would add,

At this point, the damage has already been done.

Looking back on the history of oceanic located servers for other MMO's, it probably would have been naive to expect EA to keep them running, but it still didn't stop me from hoping.

I think by now we should all be used to the fact that having 50ms ping is a privilege for us, and not a right. Oceania has always been a fringe market.

Since Bioware/EA claimed that they were improving my game-play experience i decided to log onto The Bastion, which is the server that my characters will be placed on since i am on Master D. Currently on Master D i get around 20-40 ping sitting on the fleet. A little more when doing raids and pvp but unless my internet is having problems i don't really go over 100.

Well on my new server, sitting on the fleet gives me 300 ping and being on planet gives me around 400 and it is not stable with the ping constantly jumping to over 1000. I would love Bioware/EA to tell me how this improves my game-play experience. I know from previous experience on Warriors of Shadow before the mergers pvp was horrible and people would randomly change positions and i gave up on pvp till i moved onto the APAC servers.

Please tell me how encouraging me not to participate in high end pvp/raiding improves my game-play experience when decisions must be made on the spot have a delay.

I guess in the end it really doesn't matter since if they close the servers i will not be playing this game anymore.

Why are you lobbying so hard on this thread? We understand your views. You like the server merge, you don't like reading from other people who don't like it.

We get that. Thanks, its understood.

Are you afraid they might just change their minds?

Well I feel it's my job as a human being to bring realistic views to people with unrealistic expectations

Since Bioware/EA claimed that they were improving my game-play experience i decided to log onto The Bastion, which is the server that my characters will be placed on since i am on Master D. Currently on Master D i get around 20-40 ping sitting on the fleet. A little more when doing raids and pvp but unless my internet is having problems i don't really go over 100.

Well on my new server, sitting on the fleet gives me 300 ping and being on planet gives me around 400 and it is not stable with the ping constantly jumping to over 1000. I would love Bioware/EA to tell me how this improves my game-play experience. I know from previous experience on Warriors of Shadow before the mergers pvp was horrible and people would randomly change positions and i gave up on pvp till i moved onto the APAC servers.

Please tell me how encouraging me not to participate in high end pvp/raiding improves my game-play experience when decisions must be made on the spot have a delay.

I guess in the end it really doesn't matter since if they close the servers i will not be playing this game anymore.

A vast majority of people are in this boat, myself included, let's see if BW actually cares about a solution and reverts their decision to dissolve APAC servers.

While I don't agree with some of the things my fellow APAC migrants have said, I can at least see the reasoning behind it. There are still perfectly valid issues to be addressed, and the outrage is somewhat justified.

Here's the big difference: if something of this nature had been thrust upon the European servers, you wouldn't find these enraged APAC posters on the European threads rubbing their faces in it - or denying them the right to voice their collective outrage. Soon this thread will go the way of the Dodo. The likes of IceHawk and co. should be smart enough to know this and just leave well alone. His relentless posting achieves nothing.

And I'm yet to come anywhere close to 'monopolising' this thread.

Very well said, particularly the European analogy. However, I will keep trying, though I'm nearly certain its in vein. I won't unsubscribe over something I haven't really tried yet, hopefully I won't have to. That said, the trolls here should be smart enough (I know there's a flaw in any of them having any intelligence but still!) and just leave the sad folk alone. They'd be the first to complain if their servers were merging.

Well I feel it's my job as a human being to bring realistic views to people with unrealistic expectations

Sharing your views is one thing, acting like a complete dick however is another.

You've been laughing in the faces of people who are venting their very justified anger at a company that has let down their paying customers. You're nothing more than a sad little troll.

Exactly the point Bioware utterly fail to understand. If they were a really good company, I would forgive everything they've done if they apologised here, sent an email to those unsubscribed on the forums in apology and welcoming them back, and then finally merge the servers. Of course, we know so far they've not proven themselves not anything like that. They couldn't care less about the community, and all it would take is a glimpse at the forums and a touch of reason. It's not that hard, but maybe it is for Bioware given their track record.

Go ahead, Bioware; I beg you to prove my thoughts wrong when I've been defensive of you for my whole SWTOR time, and this is how you reward people like me. I'm not the only one.

Thats not your job as a human being, its just a stupid thing to say on an internet forum.

Your job as a human being has nothing to do with internet gaming. Just saying.

Edited by Thornsbane

Im Australian, but cmon Australian gaming isnt realll relevant to the world.

EA just dont think keeping the servers are worth it. sucks but thats how it is. :(

Making petitions and such isnt going to change anything here, so you may as well reside yourself to the fact its happening

Yeah I have empathy for them, but im just laughing at the fact they think their voices are going to be noticed :rak_03:

In other words, you have a lack of empathy for them. You claim to be doing this because it's your 'human right,' and that means you're implying you're utilitarianistic. However, your demonstration of minimal concern and laughing in the faces of others who are angry, sad and upset is nothing like that. You are, at the core, a little troll who keeps coming back to be cruel because the crux of your existence on this forum revolves around making others upset. I don't mean to be rude, but I wouldn't be too proud of that.

Perhaps you can prove me wrong like I want Bioware to by leaving, and acting a bit more intelligent and (If you're really supporting the 'human rights') show some genuine empathy and sympathy.

Anyway, there is a massive exodus going on ingame this eve, so no matter what anyone says......the ping mattered to the players.

Yep, servers are dead, vent surfing finds everyone (I know) in their usual haunts but having unsubscribed and with no motivation to play the game.

You're completely correct, but the flaw in thinking such things about trolls like it is that it actually has a brain to engage.

I must be a medical anomaly to have the mental capacity to comment on an internet forum without a brain.

Yeah Bioware..... a huge improvement for us.

Just look at that. The same number of people in fleet as normal(Before the APAC closure announcement), but 4 times the lag.

You guys are awesome.....

Who ever makes your decisions should be fired, cos he is bad at them. This solution hardly benefits people on master darnala. A merge with Dalborra is obviously the best choice.

Bastion at 11:45pm NZ time which is 9:45pm Australian time. Notice how there are practically no 50's on.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-27_23_49_45_649928.jpg

Master Darnala (after APAC Announcement) Mostly 50's on fleet.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-28_00_02_23_987303.jpg

Dalborra

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-28_00_00_31_340860-1.jpg

Edited by Yndras