★★ Shinarika VI ★★

Xinika

I don't really see how that's a constructive answer to the many questions I posed you. It's physically impossible. You're being vague and cryptic. You mentioned some personal problems, you think that gives you the right to put other people down?

She means watching people suck at pvp. We see the mistakes you guys make every single match. Often our rude comments are directed against the bad decisions you make. If you took the time to learn from your errors you'd be better at the game. But instead you cry about it and never improve.

I don't think any of us really have a problem with the watchmen as a whole, I certainly don't. And I don't really have an issue with losing either. I think you missed the point somewhere.

If it's part of some grand strategy I guess I can accept that. It just sucks that I need to take the time to tell my friends to ignore shinarika before inviting them to play this awesome game with me.

I was just hoping we could have a rational discussion about how your guild member makes other people feel and gives your whole guild a bad reputation. However I can see that isn't going to happen. You also have a fair point though. so I'll just put her on ignore, move on and work on improving.

Damn, I think I replaced Lion's infamy to be honest....;) wow!! Yay!!! :D

She means watching people suck at pvp. We see the mistakes you guys make every single match. Often our rude comments are directed against the bad decisions you make. If you took the time to learn from your errors you'd be better at the game. But instead you cry about it and never improve.

That's kind of what I've been wondering. It cant be fun for you guys to have absolutely no challenge and just steam roll us 4 hours a day. I guess i would just say that comments such as "Worst imps I've seen all day" and "Wow you suck so much can't get past the first door" are perhaps not as constructive and helpful as you may think. You're not really pointing out any errors there as you claim.

@Aequitatis

Dude you have to realize that in every online game there are some ppl that like to trash talk and generally try to ruin the day of other gamers. There are ******es like that in every servers, I know it and you know it. They mostly act in this way to vent the frustation of their daily lives or as a part of some "grand strategy" (yeah sure).

The only thing you can do is ignore them, that's all. Reacting like you did will just make them harass you more.

That's kind of what I've been wondering. It cant be fun for you guys to have absolutely no challenge and just steam roll us 4 hours a day. I guess i would just say that comments such as "Worst imps I've seen all day" and "Wow you suck so much can't get past the first door" are perhaps not as constructive and helpful as you may think. You're not really pointing out any errors there as you claim.

I didn't mean to give the impression that it was incumbent on us to tell you how to win. I'm sorry if that's what you got from my comments.

And yes, we say mean things. And yes, we think your failures are funny.

The point is you're focusing on what we say when the real problem is your lack of skill/teamwork.

Focusing on our comments instead of your "gameplay issues" just continues the cycle.

Edited by TDRedmage

I was staying out of this at first but Ill put in a bit.

Shin, I am not going to deny that you are good but I dont think you are as good as you let on with your videos. The watchmen as a whole are what make you what you are and I think it would go a long way to improving your standing on the server if you would acknowledge that fact.

Next, trash talk is part of a competitive event and Shin's trash talk pushed me to do my best to shut her up :). I will not deny, if I see the watchman tag in a warzone, those become my focus. Shin is always at the top of that list, for her mouth, Big is 2nd target on my list not because she is as mouthy but because Big is a core part of healing the others. If I dont see those 2 Ill go for someone else with that watchmen tag.

Last, Yes it is frustrating to loose match after match to republic side and watchmen in particular. The trash talk just rubs salt in the wounds. But its not their fault the imps loose so much, we loose because we have too many 50s on the imp side that dont bother learning how to play as a team, they dont understand the objective is the goal, be it a door, a turret or the huttball. Shin will tell me and has told me tunneling her dosent win the match but I disagree to some point. If I tunnel her or Big and the rest of my team does their job, Ive done mine. I have removed a very serious problem for the rest of the team.

If anyone takes something away from the drama this thread has generated take this, Dont focus on playing like Shin and her videos, focus on the teamwork the Watchmen show in every match. Shin by herself is good but with the Watchman and their teamwork is when she shines. Our goal on The Corsair server imperial side should be to get that kind of teamwork in place, dont try to solo run the huttball through the fire, learn to pass. Dont try and kill every single person at turret but take the chance to cap when it appears. And for the love of god, fight at the damn door so that you can stop them placing the bomb!!!

I was staying out of this at first but Ill put in a bit.

Shin, I am not going to deny that you are good but I dont think you are as good as you let on with your videos. The watchmen as a whole are what make you what you are and I think it would go a long way to improving your standing on the server if you would acknowledge that fact.

Next, trash talk is part of a competitive event and Shin's trash talk pushed me to do my best to shut her up :). I will not deny, if I see the watchman tag in a warzone, those become my focus. Shin is always at the top of that list, for her mouth, Big is 2nd target on my list not because she is as mouthy but because Big is a core part of healing the others. If I dont see those 2 Ill go for someone else with that watchmen tag.

Last, Yes it is frustrating to loose match after match to republic side and watchmen in particular. The trash talk just rubs salt in the wounds. But its not their fault the imps loose so much, we loose because we have too many 50s on the imp side that dont bother learning how to play as a team, they dont understand the objective is the goal, be it a door, a turret or the huttball. Shin will tell me and has told me tunneling her dosent win the match but I disagree to some point. If I tunnel her or Big and the rest of my team does their job, Ive done mine. I have removed a very serious problem for the rest of the team.

If anyone takes something away from the drama this thread has generated take this, Dont focus on playing like Shin and her videos, focus on the teamwork the Watchmen show in every match. Shin by herself is good but with the Watchman and their teamwork is when she shines. Our goal on The Corsair server imperial side should be to get that kind of teamwork in place, dont try to solo run the huttball through the fire, learn to pass. Dont try and kill every single person at turret but take the chance to cap when it appears. And for the love of god, fight at the damn door so that you can stop them placing the bomb!!!

You haven't been on The Corsair for very long at all lol.

Been on The Corsair since it opened, Just havent been on the PvP scene all that time.

That's why you have no idea what you're talking about.

Tip: Ask about a player named Wubwub. Sith Assassin. First BM on our server.

Edited by Xinika

he left after gettign angry at everyone in wz cause we were not as geared as him

LOL. Hope poor soul didn't hang himself because rest of empire forces lack the discipline, training and gear to compete in warzones haha.

You can't judge how good a player is from random clips in WZ fighting not so bright, skilled, aware, or communicating players - you name it. Until we get some form of arena 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5, it will be hard from 8v8 games to tell if someone is pro or just carried away by enemy players or his own team - not aimed personally at you Xinarika, is a general statement.

Same as in wow peeps made amazing "skill" videos from BGs doing 1vs3 and capping a node - which still has good entertaining value, not until arena tournaments did we see what player, players, and teams are really at the top of the game.

Is same here. So everyone hold your judgement at least until 8v8 rated WZ comes, and then if players will put out videos with voiceover (vent / skype w/e is very important part), beating other premades that play on same level, then you can say yeah dude X and Y player are amazing, and their team totally outplayed or countered Z team tactics etc.

But when you see a KC shadow and a healer holding a node vs 3-4 imps - it has entertaining value, it has, but is not a showcase of skill, you couldn't have died either of you unless each started running in oposite ways lol :D

@Aequitatis

Dude you have to realize that in every online game there are some ppl that like to trash talk and generally try to ruin the day of other gamers. There are ******es like that in every servers, I know it and you know it. They mostly act in this way to vent the frustation of their daily lives or as a part of some "grand strategy" (yeah sure).

The only thing you can do is ignore them, that's all. Reacting like you did will just make them harass you more.

Outdoing them is more fun, i can turn pretty much any smack talk anyone says in game and make them look foolish, it's quite easy as i have had years of practice.

You are right of course, competitive pvp games have always had players smack talking about their enemies. I think this is more a problem for a pve/pvp combination game where pve players who occasionally pvp take these things quite personally. Most long-term pvpers are quite immune to this crap, 8 years of DAoC and 10 of Counterstrike/UT drummed this out of me, i actually enjoy smack talk aimed at me now, it's flattering someone takes the time to pm me and it's quite funny :)

The oddest thing is often if you trash talk back (have to point out i never instigate this, but i do love to retalliate) and have some good exchanges you'll wind up best of frienemies and often smack talk each other whenever you meet. I realise this isn't everyone's experience and i understand how hurtful it can be to be stalked in an online game, but for those of us who have been at it for a long time, it's really water off a ducks back.

I didn't mean to give the impression that it was incumbent on us to tell you how to win. I'm sorry if that's what you got from my comments.

And yes, we say mean things. And yes, we think your failures are funny.

The point is you're focusing on what we say when the real problem is your lack of skill/teamwork.

Focusing on our comments instead of your "gameplay issues" just continues the cycle.

Although I don't play on your server, I'd like to point out that a premade criticizing a PUG's lack of teamwork is like a NBA team making fun of a pick up team in a high school gym.

Edited by Wekeltes

This thread's still alive O_O! Just adding my 2c here:

I LOVE how these imps act like they don't trash talk at all.

Quite hilarious if you ask me, considering I've had one of you logged over to tell me that they'll shoot my kneecaps out. (lol?)

Quite hilarious if you ask me, considering I've had one of you logged over to tell me that they'll shoot my kneecaps out. (lol?)

I'm not sure if it was you but thought it was. My apologies if I'm wrong in advance but didn't you link a video that showed the difference in ability damage between popping a Rakata power stim vs an expertise adrenal?

If so, can you link it again?

If not, my apologies for the confusion.

Sometimes, from reading here, im happy not to be on the Corsair sever. Dunno how i would survive all the trash and smacktalk.

Sometimes, from reading here, im happy not to be on the Corsair sever. Dunno how i would survive all the trash and smacktalk.

It's not as bad as some of these folks are making it out to sound. Then again, it is a war, right? :D

I trash talk all the time, on both sides of the aisle.

I've actually made some friends from it, so I must not be that good at it?