Vanguard / Powertech Officially Broken!!!

DirtyJedi

At this time Vanguards and Powertech are unplayable. Adrenaline Rush is a total joke, you have to WAIT until you are below 35%> then it only takes you up to 35% = or > less and within a minute, while and Sith or Jedi is stunning you back to back then crediting you 3 times for 45K within 10 seconds.

DPS is half of Commando/Merc, Shadow/Assin (unless starphase lying), Shields only do 25% of damage (down form 75% from ‎Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor, Commando, Mercs). I haven't seen shield's do any damage reduction especially in PvP.

Number One major problem in PVP is back to back to back Stuns. The leap or Storm ability only work 65% of the time. The resolve bar DOES NOT GO HIGHER THAN 75%! Harpoon only work 55% of the time in Warzone

You bring a PT or VG into ranked PvP you number 1 target and dead with 5 to 10 seconds of the match starting.

Vanguard takes more than 90 seconds for the power cell to generate, PT 90 seconds for cool down, which take Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor <5 seconds.

One stun is 4 Seconds and others stun is 2 seconds (nothing more than glorified interrupts) While other melee toons have up to 3 stuns for 8 seconds.

Why Vanguards and PTs have range weapons and they are melee class?

You do this game a great disservice, and discredit by playing favoritism, nerfing and the lack of abilities.

:cool::(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

At this time Vanguards and Powertech are unplayable. Adrenaline Rush is a total joke, you have to WAIT until you are below 35%> then it only takes you up to 35% = or > less and within a minute, while and Sith or Jedi is stunning you back to back then crediting you 3 times for 45K within 10 seconds.

DPS is half of Commando/Merc, Shadow/Assin (unless starphase lying), Shields only do 25% of damage (down form 75% from ‎Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor, Commando, Mercs). I haven't seen shield's do any damage reduction especially in PvP.

Number One major problem in PVP is back to back to back Stuns. The leap or Storm ability only work 65% of the time. The resolve bar DOES NOT GO HIGHER THAN 75%! Harpoon only work 55% of the time in Warzone

You bring a PT or VG into ranked PvP you number 1 target and dead with 5 to 10 seconds of the match starting.

Vanguard takes more than 90 seconds for the power cell to generate, PT 90 seconds for cool down, which take Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor <5 seconds.

One stun is 4 Seconds and others stun is 2 seconds (nothing more than glorified interrupts) While other melee toons have up to 3 stuns for 8 seconds.

You do this game a great disservice, and discredit by playing favoritism, nerfing and the lack of abilities.

Once upon a time VG/PT had something called range. Too many people thought a ranged tank was somehow OP and we got stomped into melee range.

Oh my god... What does this even mean?:eek:

On the other side, on 2k rating + everyone is playing with ap pt which is not dying under guard, and melts tanks like butter under the sun.... carbo+ aoe may rip the whole enemie team. So the things are complicated... if devs will buff pt more- team ranked will be FULL of pts

Edited by omaan

On the other side, on 2k rating + everyone is playing with ap pt which is not dying under guard, and melts tanks like butter under the sun.... carbo+ aoe may rip the whole enemie team. So the things are complicated... if devs will buff pt more- team ranked will be FULL of pts

Oh come on, devs have been making FOTM changes since the beginning. What else is new? And I don't want PT/VG to be the next flood, I'd just like them to be as good as the other two tank classes.

OP makes a lot of good points. I don't go into ranked for those reasons. Regs are great with heals though. My tactics vanguard had top dps and protection in 2 wzs tonight. But I have been on the other side of heal imbalances and premades a million times. I found tactics vanguard easy to learn but tough to master. Some tips for PVP regs that could help you:

- Get used to alternating between shoulder cannon and attacks. It's like you don't have the global cd.

- use the utility that increases the range of cell burst, railshot, flak shell, and artillery blitz to 30m while your battle focus is on. This is crucial to getting more dps when your teammates are wearing toilet paper armor and getting mowed down. Also, spend a utility point to increase Hold the Line speed by 45%

- if your team sucks, try to fight on the edges of a battle instead of charging into the middle. Especially if you have no heals. Otherwise you die in about 5 seconds. Sorry but it sucks haha.

- Save hold the line for when you need to haul ***** out of a battle. I found that your aoe stun + HtL works well to escape bad situations.

- Use gut on stealthers early in the fight. It's DoT will cancel their escape spells early.

Hope some of these help in regs. I don't know how to beast ranked. Vanguard has deep flaws but I really enjoy the burst and believe it's worth the headache .

Edited by jomfalcona

Oh come on, devs have been making FOTM changes since the beginning. What else is new? And I don't want PT/VG to be the next flood, I'd just like them to be as good as the other two tank classes.

We actually talking about dps specs but ok. I always was for buffing pts defense as you saw in my threads but lately i changed my mind a bit because i raised to 1800 rating in tr. Playing against ap pt in tr is pretty a hell because they are not dying. This new buff with damage reduce on crit works pretty nice, and while it's on and pt has guard on him there is nothing to worrie about. Besides, dps pt is the only one dps spec which didnt receive any nerfs to dps, and it has taunts which allow ap pt to reduce damage pressure on his arena partners. I saw teams like ap pt/snipers or maras ripping apart everyone pretty easy.

Pt tank is already dominating it tr. Any buffs will make it more than fotm.

Balance in swtor is strange. One spec can fully dominate in tr but completely suck in sr/regs and vise-versa, and pt is a perfect example of this

Edited by omaan

We actually talking about dps specs but ok. I always was for buffing pts defense as you saw in my threads but lately i changed my mind a bit because i raised to 1800 rating in tr. Playing against ap pt in tr is pretty a hell because they are not dying. This new buff with damage reduce on crit works pretty nice, and while it's on and pt has guard on him there is nothing to worrie about. Besides, dps pt is the only one dps spec which didnt receive any nerfs to dps, and it has taunts which allow ap pt to reduce damage pressure on his arena partners. I saw teams like ap pt/snipers or maras ripping apart everyone pretty easy.

Pt tank is already dominating it tr. Any buffs will make it more than fotm.

Balance in swtor is strange. One spec can fully dominate in tr but completely suck in sr/regs and vise-versa, and pt is a perfect example of this

You came to that conclusion of a game mode that less than 1% of the population play and that more an indication of heals and guard then PT awesomeness. By that same logic sniper and merc or any class should never been buffed or nerfed. I played PT since the days of the Carolina parakeet spec and it in the worst shape it been due to the DCD race in which it was left behind as I quite possibly think the current devs think that pt is a sub spec of merc

You came to that conclusion of a game mode that less than 1% of the population play and that more an indication of heals and guard then PT awesomeness. By that same logic sniper and merc or any class should never been buffed or nerfed. I played PT since the days of the Carolina parakeet spec and it in the worst shape it been due to the DCD race in which it was left behind as I quite possibly think the current devs think that pt is a sub spec of merc

Just go skank tank PT, like everyone else. They're tough as hell.

Blame the smallest percentage of the player community. PVP players are like seagulls, they fly in, crap all over everything......then leave. The developers continue to cater to this small faction.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

https://braxwolf.com/2015/02/10/gamer-demographic-survey-results-play-style/

In PvE Vanguard/Powertech is totally fine, in both Tank & DPS role.

In PvP you'll die anyway in the most ideal case it will be 50/50 kills/deaths. Thus PvP's toxic, and if you got bad nerves better just don't play it. Especially now, when there're lots of ways to earn unassembleds.

Blame the smallest percentage of the player community. PVP players are like seagulls, they fly in, crap all over everything......then leave. The developers continue to cater to this small faction.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

https://braxwolf.com/2015/02/10/gamer-demographic-survey-results-play-style/

I'm sorry, did I offend you? Clearly, you’re afraid that SWTOR might give another class little bit more DPS upset your Sith Assassin. Make this clear to you! I play all the classes in all operations Flashpoints Chapters, rank/unranked WZ, dailies and weeklies. 75% of us that truly play the game, have played or/are playing all the classes, and spend the most money!

I’m not talking about make one better than rest of them. I’m saying of all the classes this is the weakest one. Last 6 years I heard nothing but the Jedi whine or the Sith cry about Vanguard's or PT/s can out DPS or OP over their Sith Assassin or the Jedi Shadow.

Got love F2P kids fake news websites.

I'm sorry, did I offend you? Clearly, you’re afraid that SWTOR might give another class little bit more DPS upset your Sith Assassin. Make this clear to you! I play all the classes in all operations Flashpoints Chapters, rank/unranked WZ, dailies and weeklies. 75% of us that truly play the game, have played or/are playing all the classes, and spend the most money!

I’m not talking about make one better than rest of them. I’m saying of all the classes this is the weakest one. Last 6 years I heard nothing but the Jedi whine or the Sith cry about Vanguard's or PT/s can out DPS or OP over their Sith Assassin or the Jedi Shadow.

If anything most of the sith and jedi look at a PT/VG and simply go "oh how cute. Die now."

I’m saying of all the classes this is the weakest one.

Ragequitter, that leaves OP after 1-st wipe is the weakest & most useless class in the game. Any other 1, including VG/PT is in a huge break stronger than decliner.

Especially since Tanks & Healers're in a short supply, and VG can Tank or DwT (and've 30m attack while tanking), that all makes VG definitely worth to play & far from weak.

Edited by DDaMAGEr

What I am afraid of are the PVP crybabies. Every MMO has them, and developers cater to them. My motto is this.."it''s not the spec, it's what between the ears". If your character stinks, guess who's fault it is....look in the mirror.

:):):):):):):):):):)

Edited by ufarax

Ragequitter, that leaves OP after 1-st wipe is the weakest & most useless class in the game. Any other 1, including VG/PT is in a huge break stronger than decliner.

Especially since Tanks & Healers're in a short supply, and VG can Tank or DwT (and've 30m attack while tanking), that all makes VG definitely worth to play & far from weak.

There are so few abilities that fire from 30m, may as well be shooting a squirt gun as you're costing yourself most of the DPS.

Have at 30m:

Hammer shot

Off of Pyro you can spam Incendiary Missile

On AP you can use Thermal Detonator

Oh and explosive fuel only gives 20 meters when taking the legendary skill pressure overrides.

So 3 abilities, two of them on different disciplines that can be used at 30m. Really, lot of damage you're going to do there champ

What I am afraid of are the PVP crybabies. Every MMO has them, and developers cater to them. My motto is this.."it''s not the spec, it's what between the ears". If your character stinks, guess who's fault it is....look in the mirror.

:):):):):):):):):):)

Even though in another post we can find you whining about sorc/sage dps spec

Mmmm.

"it''s not the spec, it's what between the ears

:rak_tongue:

Edited by Bonzenaattori

Even though in another post we can find you whining about sorc/sage dps spec

Mmmm.

:rak_tongue:

In my posts, I never ask for changes to specs. I complain about PVP players and ask the devs to keep the specs the same, no changes. as for the Sorcs (lightning), I said there was no bug. And there is no bug. "it''s not the spec, it's what between the ears:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And you came on conclusion based on content me and my friends are not playing so what? We all playing different contents on different hard modes, and that doesnt mean that devs must nerf/buff depending on only one side of content. If they buff pts for regs, pt will become nearly a god in tr because pts are already performing good there. If you nerf pt because of tr then pt will be a complete garbage in regs. Devs MUST consider everything, and buff one part of pt (fro example its survivability so it become viable in regs/solo ranked), but nerf its dps (so it wont be as powered in tr as it now).

Edited by omaan