Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's Discuss Ranked PvP Ideas...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Let's Discuss Ranked PvP Ideas...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lundorff
03.19.2019 , 02:25 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by StreetFightR View Post
I would like to see a new ranked que.
Solo 1v1's class vs same class.
also Solo 1v1's Any class no restrictions.
Just some random thoughts. Anyone else like this?
I have asked about this before and it's not going to happen. Would be neat but alas.

Sertar
03.19.2019 , 02:35 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Yes they were 5. A ranked match.
Thanks for bringing this up! Yes @Mike, it happens sometimes that Solo Ranked matches are 5v4. I don't see it very often, I'd guess 1 in 200 matches or even less, but the fact that it can happen means there is a fatal error in the system somewhere.

TrixxieTriss
03.19.2019 , 02:51 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Sertar View Post
Thanks for bringing this up! Yes @Mike, it happens sometimes that Solo Ranked matches are 5v4. I don't see it very often, I'd guess 1 in 200 matches or even less, but the fact that it can happen means there is a fatal error in the system somewhere.
Ie, an exploit that makes the system think there are only 3 and it loads the 5th person in.
I’ve seen it happen and I’ve seen people giggle that they know how to make it happen on purpose.

Banderal
03.19.2019 , 04:34 PM | #114
I know it's been said before in this thread, but I'm going to say it again...

Out of 7 matches so far today, 1 was them with a tank/healer/2DPS, us with 3 DPS. Another was them with 4 DPS and us with 2 DPS. This was from the start, and no one loaded in to our side and then left.

I'm playing ranked for competitive matches. These are not competitive matches and never should have even started. I'm not overly concerned about my ELO, but on behalf of the other people on my team who probably were, let me say it again... THOSE TWO MATCHES SHOULD NEVER HAVE STARTED. Match making is bad enough without having people completely missing from one side.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

JediMasterAlex
03.19.2019 , 04:53 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post

Out of 7 matches so far today, 1 was them with a tank/healer/2DPS, us with 3 DPS. Another was them with 4 DPS and us with 2 DPS. This was from the start, and no one loaded in to our side and then left.

I'm playing ranked for competitive matches. These are not competitive matches and never should have even started. I'm not overly concerned about my ELO, but on behalf of the other people on my team who probably were, let me say it again... THOSE TWO MATCHES SHOULD NEVER HAVE STARTED. Match making is bad enough without having people completely missing from one side.
You're definitely right. I think the uneven roles is a bigger problem, because at least in the case of the 4v2 (i was in that match on the 4 side), I know I got only 6 elo for the win, and I assume you lost a similar amount. But when it's 4 dps vs 3 dps 1 heal, the elo gain/loss is the same as if it was mirrored roles.

TrixxieTriss
03.19.2019 , 06:44 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post

That constantly happens in lowbies too.

When there are only 7 people in the queue, it constantly pops 4v3 matches instead of just limiting them to 3v3.

It should never pop more than 3v3 when it can see there are only 7 people.

omaan
Yesterday , 11:19 AM | #117
1. Remove class stacking in solo ranked
2. Make so that high elo players (1650+) aren't punished by being put into teams with 800-1000 rated newbies against 1300-1500 rated players
3.Return back old quests/mats for team ranked
4. Make so that if one team in solo ranked fight has no healer/tank and the other one has one - the team without healer or tank DOESNT LOOSE ANY ELO

= Ranked is mostly fixed.

Easy.

BlyWoods
Yesterday , 06:41 PM | #118
How about no rating loss for 3v4 (not leaving but starts that way) and no rating loss for no healer or no tank. -9 is stupid for games completely unwinnable in most cases
Average DPS at best