Sarkhai Race

SasukeUchihaFn

Now, there's an idea!

Ever since I began playing this game, I always thought that Nadia was one of the prettiest of the class companions, and I definitely wouldn't mind a chance to create a Sarkhai character ...

... as long as the Sarkhai player characters actually look like the Sarkhai we've seen in the game. I'm sure we've all noticed that a major complaint about the new Nautolan player character species is that the Nautolans we create don't look anything like the Nautolan NPCs.

Now, there's an idea!

Ever since I began playing this game, I always thought that Nadia was one of the prettiest of the class companions, and I definitely wouldn't mind a chance to create a Sarkhai character ...

... as long as the Sarkhai player characters actually look like the Sarkhai we've seen in the game. I'm sure we've all noticed that a major complaint about the new Nautolan player character species is that the Nautolans we create don't look anything like the Nautolan NPCs.

I agree with you and I would've thought that they would've added in the Sarkhai as playable earlier.

I disagree. When we meet Nadia and her father they tell us that they have only just recently joined the Republic. Later after we learn about Nadia's abilities we're told that she is the only known Force sensitive on Sarkhai. Having them as a playable species would break the lore and is why we likely won't see them made playable.

But, there is an alternative. Echani. Echani have white skin and hair, but they weren't known for having face markings (the Sarkhai markings aren't tattoos but makeup/face painting).

Okay, maybe that second part is just a shameless plug for having the Echani as a playable species, but the first is why we won't see Sarkhai added.

When we meet Nadia and her father they tell us that they have only just recently joined the Republic. Later after we learn about Nadia's abilities we're told that she is the only known Force sensitive on Sarkhai.

But couldn't individual Sarkhai still be out and about, adventuring on the side of either the Republic or the Empire? Like how the Chiss, the Rattataki, and the Sith Purebloods are all, as a whole, part of the Empire, but we still routinely see individuals (player characters of each of those races) as Jedi, Republic Troopers, or Smugglers.

Now, if a player created a Sarkhai Jedi Consular, would it look weird for the character to be told that Nadia is the only known Sarkhai Force sensitive? Sure. But no more so than when the soldier on Ord Mantell explains to a Cathar player character who and what the Cathar people are.

When they wrote the original game, there was no way that they could have accounted for everything that might be added to the game later. I think we can tolerate the inconsistencies that crop up every now and then.