Materials Inventory: Implement a sort by grade feature.

AragarVarnus

Hello all, it's pretty much in the title. I believe that we all love the new Materials Inventory, it's there, it's not imposed, who wants to use it can use it and if for some reason someone doesn't want to use it, they can.

The only thing that is missing, in my humble opinion, is a way to sort the materials by grade. I've always organized the mats in my legacy cargo bay by grade and it was great to quickly see where something was if/when I needed it.

And quoting users that agree with the QoL improvements, these ideas should be implemented as well:

Frankly, a variety of sort features would be excellent. I think their lack of implementation shows that whomever designed this section of the UI either doesn't actually work with crafting materials or was overruled by some manager who has never worked with crafting materials.

1. Sort by quantity: Because it helps a lot for deciding what you may want to sell on the market because you have a ton.
  2. Sort by name: When you're looking for something, but don't remember the category.
  3. Close all categories: Trying to get to particular categories is a chore now.
  4. Open all categories: Might as well have a reverse of above.

I'd also love to see a favorites list, but that is in part because I have only certain materials I tend to sell on the market and the current setup makes doing this very difficult. I am probably going to have to go back to keeping those materials in my legacy vault as while this new feature wonderfully saves me a ton of space, it makes selling materials on the market awful.

I'd also like to see a sort by quantity feature to allow a quick check of mats that you are running low on. Also, at present when you pull mats from the new inventory it maximizes the list even if you have minimized the categories. It would be preferable if that did not happen.

I would also like to see mats drop into ordinary inventory first rather than just go straight in from missions etc. Its often hard to see what rewards you have actually received . Some may prefer it this way also I guess so an option button would be excellent.

I believe that adding these feature would greatly improve the new inventory.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Added suggestions from the users Dralnalak and Hillerbees.

Edited by AragarVarnus

I agree that a "sort by quality" feature needs to be implemented.

Frankly, a variety of sort features would be excellent. I think their lack of implementation shows that whomever designed this section of the UI either doesn't actually work with crafting materials or was overruled by some manager who has never worked with crafting materials.

Sort by quantity: Because it helps a lot for deciding what you may want to sell on the market because you have a ton.

Sort by name: When you're looking for something, but don't remember the category.

Close all categories: Trying to get to particular categories is a chore now.

Open all categories: Might as well have a reverse of above.

I'd also love to see a favorites list, but that is in part because I have only certain materials I tend to sell on the market and the current setup makes doing this very difficult. I am probably going to have to go back to keeping those materials in my legacy vault as while this new feature wonderfully saves me a ton of space, it makes selling materials on the market awful.

Yeah, I also miss that option. It would also be great, that after minimizing categories, and if I move something to my inventory, the minimized categories would stay minimized. Now they all pop open again, and I have to scroll a mile, or minimize them all again. In fact, they should be minimized by default.

I'd also like to see a sort by quantity feature to allow a quick check of mats that you are running low on. Also, at present when you pull mats from the new inventory it maximizes the list even if you have minimized the categories. It would be preferable if that did not happen.

I would also like to see mats drop into ordinary inventory first rather than just go straight in from missions etc. Its often hard to see what rewards you have actually received . Some may prefer it this way also I guess so an option button would be excellent.

Thanks for freeing up legacy bays (from mats anyway!) and also the new cargo and legacy bay availability.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Great idea. I agree. Love the new inventory, its a great improvement on everything clogging up the legacy storage. Would love to be able to sort by level within each category so I can see quickly what needs topping up. :)