LOL - BW Are you Trolling us?? This is the Beta right??

TheRFC

This is purely for PvPers. PvEers we know you bum the game, blah-blah ... great, go back to your own forums before you start mouthing off.

Anyways, PvPers!

This isn't a whiney thread, though if you interpret it to be go for it :D idc ;)

But from the PvP-side of ToR 10-49 is a lot of fun. Do you hit L50 and kind of get the 'OK, now ... where's the rest of the game?' feeling?

There's other threads where people have made comments akin to this ... but doesn't this kind of feel like a Beta? 3 taster maps (that are relatively broken - Alderan speeder insta-spawn/ say goodbye to doors 2-6 on VS when you hit 50).

It just feels like ... yeah, this game would have a lot of potential. I can't wait for the full game to come out! Wait ... wut?!

I appreciate that they're bringing another WZ in a month's time ... but 1 more?? How many days before we know all the insides and out of that and the hunger is still unbearable?

With World PvP, what CAN they do with Ilum? The place is far too big, nothing to do, hugely imbalanced faction-wise on most servers ... there's not a patch that can fix that, that requires almost a complete overhaul.

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels that BW has put all its eggs in one-basket and hoping for more is a pipe-dream?

If you're enjoying the game, good for you - I don't wish to ruin the experience for you and hope you continue to enjoy it :) For me personally, it just feels ... incomplete, perhaps?

Any thoughts?

PvE pays the bills. PvP is for the pvers to blow off steam after wiping to the same internet Rancor for hours. Eventually if the game sputters financially pvp will be put on full hold and the 10% of the dev team effort we get will be 0.

If the game floureshes we will see pvp get some love. We are probably a long way from that if the financial estimates I'm seeing are accurate.

Every decision bw and ea make are based purely on financial success. A lot of us think that ship has already set sail. Any one who thinks they are here to make us happy is delusional. Investors need to be happy. Outside of that the only people they actively try to please are media types.

The gamer isn't the priority, as soon as we accept that and realize the actual impact we have on companies like these we find our true voice.

M

O

N

E

Y

I pulled mine out of these companies well before launch. Good decision too. I still pay to play this game ATM because I like it, let me rephrase, I hate it less than wow.

But from the PvP-side of ToR 10-49 is a lot of fun. Do you hit L50 and kind of get the 'OK, now ... where's the rest of the game?' feeling?

Not really...

When I was leveling here's what I looked forward to:

Getting to 50, and PvPing.

When I got to 50 and was getting gear, here's what I looked forward to:

Getting gear, and PvPing.

When I got all of my gear, here's what I looked forward to:

Getting Valor 60, and PvPing.

When I got Valor 60, here's what I looked forward to:

Getting BM gear, and PvPing.

When all of that is said and done, you keep PvPing. There's still lots of fun to have in PvP, even with the limited WZ's in the game.

This is purely for PvPers. PvEers we know you bum the game, blah-blah ... great, go back to your own forums before you start mouthing off.

Anyways, PvPers!

This isn't a whiney thread, though if you interpret it to be go for it :D idc ;)

There's other threads where people have made comments akin to this ... but doesn't this kind of feel like a Beta? 3 taster maps (that are relatively broken - Alderan speeder insta-spawn/ say goodbye to doors 2-6 on VS when you hit 50).

It just feels like ... yeah, this game would have a lot of potential. I can't wait for the full game to come out! Wait ... wut?!

I appreciate that they're bringing another WZ in a month's time ... but 1 more?? How many days before we know all the insides and out of that and the hunger is still unbearable?

With World PvP, what CAN they do with Ilum? The place is far too big, nothing to do, hugely imbalanced faction-wise on most servers ... there's not a patch that can fix that, that requires almost a complete overhaul.

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels that BW has put all its eggs in one-basket and hoping for more is a pipe-dream?

If you're enjoying the game, good for you - I don't wish to ruin the experience for you and hope you continue to enjoy it :) For me personally, it just feels ... incomplete, perhaps?

Any thoughts?

No, you're not alone. I said in your other thread, there is no point to PvP except gear. It has as no effect on the game, just as space missions have no effect on the game. It's pointless, and it just feels like....wait I enjoyed 1-49 now *** do I do?

PvP w/o meaning is just a d**k measuring contest b/w those with gear and those w/o. We accomplish nothing through PvP w/ exception of gearing ourselves and our companions. So....yea the entire endgame feels incomplete. I truly thought that PvP would be tied to the story with this being so story focused and all, but BW apparently didn't see the need to make PvP meaningful.

No, you're not alone. I said in your other thread, there is no point to PvP except gear. It has as no effect on the game, just as space missions have no effect on the game. It's pointless, and it just feels like....wait I enjoyed 1-49 now *** do I do?

PvP w/o meaning is just a d**k measuring contest b/w those with gear and those w/o. We accomplish nothing through PvP w/ exception of gearing ourselves and our companions. So....yea the entire endgame feels incomplete. I truly thought that PvP would be tied to the story with this being so story focused and all, but BW apparently didn't see the need to make PvP meaningful.

Yeah I'm really getting that feeling.

Think the 'buzz' has subsided and probably going to unsub soon. Enjoy the SW genre but if you really enjoy your Char I don't see the point playing through another one for 3-4 weeks just for a slightly different main-story, IMO.

Story-driven MMO. Should have seen it coming, I guess :p

Anyways, PvPers!

Any thoughts?

They need to revamp world pvp (I have faith they will) ... also Rated WZs are coming which will add another cool element to pvp and keep you working towards something.

I find pvp fun. That's meaning enough for me.

They need to revamp world pvp (I have faith they will) ... also Rated WZs are coming which will add another cool element to pvp and keep you working towards something.

Yes but what's the POINT of it all? We are, after all, supposed to be at WAR right? I don't feel like I'm at war with anything.

When I log off, I have no worries for my faction. I'm not worried about the war going on in this universe at all. There is nothing to worry about. Reps and Imps are simply all working towards one common goal, gearing themselves for d**k measuring purposes.

When you log off, do you worry about how your faction will do when you're not in the SW universe? Do you worry about losing control of Ilum, which we are supposed to be fighting over? Do you wonder how you can get the upper hand over the Reps (ignoring the fact that we vastly outnumber them)? Do the "War Zones" actually matter at all to the war between our two factions?

No, PvP is completely and utterly pointless, just like in WoW. The only thing casual and hard core PvPers alike have to work for is gear. That's it. They can't work towards bettering their faction. They can't fight a war. They can't do anything but farm valor and gear up.

This is a huge problem for a story driven MMO. If you want everyone to care about the story, then they need to feel like they are a part of the story. Not only do I feel like I'm not a part of the story, but I can't connect with this Star Wars universe at all.

In order to resurrect PvP in this game, they need:

1. Arenas

2. Rated Warzones

3. More Warzones

The direction of the game has already been set. In other words, rewards based, no risk PvP is the direction.

It's too late to make PvP meaningful in a world where PvE is king. This is what happens when you make gear wholly important for your character to compete and function. Even the PvP is PvE. So make your rewards, go the way of WoW. The direction makes plenty of money. Stop breaking things like Ilum on a constant basis. Transform it into Wintergras/AV whatever you want. It's not the formula or the ideas. It's the system itself. It can't be "fixed" for a pure PvPers perspective.

If anyone thought going into this that it would be going in a completely different direction from WoW, you are/were kidding yourselves. There are way too many people that call themselves PvPers but are simply disguised PvEers. If you feel that your grind should be worth something in PvP, you are PvE'ing. If you feel that your gear should improve over time, you are really PvE'ing. Char progression is about PvE. Player killing is about PvP. Mixing the two causes a bunch of crybabies to ***** about PvP balance.

There literally was nothing wrong with any of the classes in this game except the possibility of too many sorcerers/sages in a Warzone doing burst AOE damage. Instead they went ahead and nerfed stuff that people simply cried about, the vocal minority comprised of idiots.

If you don't believe me, go look at pure PvP games like Shadowbane was back in '03/'04. People whined and cried to each other about which guilds were attacking their cities, which guilds were the "zerg" guilds, which guilds were the *******es and which were the good guys. They didn't argue about which purples should have which stat, or which stat should be removed, or which warzones (it was all world PvP) had exploits, or which classes were too powerful. If you want to PvP, if you call yourself a PvPer, then sit back, relax, and wait for a real PvP game (possibly forever) to be made in the MMORPG genre again. This and WoW are not, were not, and never will be real PvP.

Until then, I am enjoying the slaughtering of undergeared, low skilled "PvPers" in my BM gear.

Edited by adrenalinee

I find pvp fun. That's meaning enough for me.

Ok, cool. But how much more fun would you be having if you not only enjoyed PvP combat but also had a purpose to it. What if you were actually fighting a war rather than just pretending to?

I'm willing to bet my subscription on the premise that you would enjoy PvP much more if you were actually accomplishing something other than gear. If I'm wrong, well, oh well I'm unsubbing when my 35 days are up anyway. I'll check back later when this game has more content after 50.

I used to think so, but this game doesn't really require skill.

If people merely play there class correctly they should be getting 300-400K damage each W/Z and same respectively for Healing or w/e.

It just feels like ... why weren't things like that, and like guild banks, just simple stuff in at the launch?

1. Arenas

2. Rated Warzones

3. More Warzones

The direction of the game has already been set. In other words, rewards based, no risk PvP is the direction.

It's too late to make PvP meaningful in a world where PvE is king. This is what happens when you make gear wholly important for your character to compete and function. Even the PvP is PvE. So make your rewards, go the way of WoW. The direction makes plenty of money. Stop breaking things like Ilum on a constant basis. Transform it into Wintergras/AV whatever you want. It's not the formula or the ideas. It's the system itself. It can't be "fixed" for a pure PvPers perspective.

If anyone thought going into this that it would be going in a completely different direction from WoW, you are/were kidding yourselves. There are way too many people that call themselves PvPers but are simply disguised PvEers. If you feel that your grind should be worth something in PvP, you are PvE'ing. If you feel that your gear should improve over time, you are really PvE'ing. Char progression is about PvE. Player killing is about PvP. Mixing the two causes a bunch of crybabies to ***** about PvP balance.

There literally was nothing wrong with any of the classes in this game except the possibility of too many sorcerers/sages in a Warzone doing burst AOE damage. Instead they went ahead and nerfed stuff that people simply cried about, the vocal minority comprised of idiots.

If you don't believe me, go look at pure PvP games like Shadowbane was back in '03/'04. People whined and cried to each other about which guilds were attacking their cities, which guilds were the "zerg" guilds, which guilds were the *******es and which were the good guys. They didn't argue about which purples should have which stat, or which stat should be removed, or which warzones (it was all world PvP) had exploits, or which classes were too powerful. If you want to PvP, if you call yourself a PvPer, then sit back, relax, and wait for a real PvP game (possibly forever) to be made in the MMORPG genre again. This and WoW are not, were not, and never will be real PvP.

Until then, I am enjoying the slaughtering of undergeared, low skilled "PvPers" in my BM gear.

Unfortunately, I think you're right in that they can't fix their setup. However, BW makes nerfs based on metrics. I don't think they nerf other classes just upon the premise of crybabies.

1. Arenas

2. Rated Warzones

3. More Warzones

LOL.

Sir, I'm very inclined to agree w/ you :)

Good perspective.

Anyways, PvPers!

But from the PvP-side of ToR 10-49 is a lot of fun. Do you hit L50 and kind of get the 'OK, now ... where's the rest of the game?'

Exactly, and since they spent 205 million more than they brought in with this game... there is no chance it will ever get any better. This game is Epic Fail and already dead. Boycott EA\Bioware|LucasArts for selling us this garbage IMO.

Not really...

When I was leveling here's what I looked forward to:

Getting to 50, and PvPing.

When I got to 50 and was getting gear, here's what I looked forward to:

Getting gear, and PvPing.

When I got all of my gear, here's what I looked forward to:

Getting Valor 60, and PvPing.

When I got Valor 60, here's what I looked forward to:

Getting BM gear, and PvPing.

When all of that is said and done, you keep PvPing. There's still lots of fun to have in PvP, even with the limited WZ's in the game.

Unfortunately the game ends after you hit valor rank 60 in terms of pvp...

Unless you like pointless grinding for gear that is a downgrade.

PVP because you enjoy it, if you don't then leave? It's sad that so many people think the only reason to do something is because you are have a digital carrot dangled in front of your face the entire time. Many people enjoy pvp and wouldn't complain a lick if the pvp gear went by by completely.

Do I want to see PVP developed more and perhaps have a bigger impact? Sure, I would love to see something similar to Warhammer where both PVE and PVP can affect control of a zone and grant some perks because of it. But the game is little over a month in and MMO's take time to develop even post launch, yeah I know "thats no excuse derp de derp blah de blah". But it is infact an excuse, its just how this genre of games are done, get used to it or get out.

This is the one reason I do not like (Oh no im going to say it) WoW. It opened the floodgates and brought many new and good people into the genre, but it also brought in so many people that just can't accept these games progress differently, they will never be as polished as a AAA title that is being released for single player or normal multiplayer, thats just how it is.

If you don't enjoy it leave, check it out later. Maybe then you will like it more. The game has life in it yet, I look forward to seeing it get better.

Edited by Fallensbane

Ok, cool. But how much more fun would you be having if you not only enjoyed PvP combat but also had a purpose to it. What if you were actually fighting a war rather than just pretending to?

I'm willing to bet my subscription on the premise that you would enjoy PvP much more if you were actually accomplishing something other than gear. If I'm wrong, well, oh well I'm unsubbing when my 35 days are up anyway. I'll check back later when this game has more content after 50.

Yeah, it'd be really pretty rewarding if you FELT like you were in an actual War. Currently if you're levelling and get ganked by a group of opposing team players it's more of an inconvenience for 2 mins while you respawn and get back to questing.

I can't see that aspect, though. It's a shame because SW has a lot of great lore in it - literally a galactic sized bust up?? But yeah ... solo-player game with a multiplayer mode that is WZs.

Unfortunately, I think you're right in that they can't fix their setup. However, BW makes nerfs based on metrics. I don't think they nerf other classes just upon the premise of crybabies.

And that itself is an issue.

For example, Sorcerers are NOT a powerful 1v1 class. They take time to take out. Assuming an even balanced of classes, ranged and melee, tanking and healing, a sorcerer is not the primary concern.

The strength of the sorcerer lies in 2 aspects: control and high consistent damage.

My shadow is a source of burst damage. Combine the two, and you have a good mix. Alone, however, a sorcerer takes a while to kill something. Most people don't understand this because...

The sheer number of sorcerers that are rolled in this game is ridiculous. Too many people wanted crazy cool electric palpatine. If you look over sorcerer skills, AOE abilities are on par with all of their direct damage abiltiies. Those that hit for 3 targets and 5 targets are as good as the nukes. So the problem isn't sorcerer burst damage. However, given that multiple sorcerers will create good burst, AND in addition to group burst (combined damage), it looks OP as hell. Every day there's a post crying to nerf sorcerers because of this exact issue. The way to fix it is simple, increase single target damage and nerf AOE damage abilities.

I highly doubt their metrics could find this, or it would have been fixed already.

Edited by adrenalinee

PVP because you enjoy it, if you don't then leave? It's sad that so many people think the only reason to do something is because you are have a digital carrot dangled in front of your face the entire time. Many people enjoy pvp and wouldn't complain a lick if the pvp gear went by by completely.

Do I want to see PVP developed more and perhaps have a bigger impact? Sure, I would love to see something similar to Warhammer where both PVE and PVP can affect control of a zone and grant some perks because of it. But the game is little over a month in and MMO's take time to develop even post launch, yeah I know "thats no excuse derp de derp blah de blah". But it is infact an excuse, its just how this genre of games are done, get used to it or get out.

This is the one reason I do not like (Oh no im going to say it) WoW. It opened the floodgates and brought many new and good people into the genre, but it also brought in so many people that just can't accept these games progress differently, they will never be as polished as a AAA title that is being released for single player or normal multiplayer, thats just how it is.

If you don't enjoy it leave, check it out later. Maybe then you will like it more. The game has life in it yet, I look forward to seeing it get better.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind scrapping the PvP gear entirely if the game required any skill. Reflexes or lack of those then tactics and knowledge to overcome your opponent. But this DEFINITELY isn't that kind of genre.

You fight one Sorc/Merc/Sage and you've fought them all.

Yes but what's the POINT of it all? We are, after all, supposed to be at WAR right? I don't feel like I'm at war with anything.

Your point is something I've been trying to put my finger on a while. The truth is, many of us are completely unattached and not invested in our characters or our factions - and therefore, the game. Why? Becuase BW created a game where instead of the story flowing through at level cap; it ends. The PvP is disconnected and disjointed because the only pretend PvP in this game are 3 contrived BGs that end in 15 minutes.

Further, the supposed end-game PvP is a joke. Ilum isn't Pvp. Most people don't even speak in BGs or Ilum other than to troll someone. Why speak when everyone is just standing in a pile on some uninspired, laggy landscape? The only thing we're at war with? Gear bags, lol.

Bottom line. I feel no attachment to my character in terms of her place in the game and in PvP. What BW created is a hamster wheel for pretty lackluster and cookie cutter gear, not a PvP-centric game with two factions warring.

It's uninspiring and uninteresting.

Exactly, and since they spent 205 million more than they brought in with this game... there is no chance it will ever get any better. This game is Epic Fail and already dead. Boycott EA\Bioware|LucasArts for selling us this garbage IMO.

+ 2.

1 was for the signature :p

isn't this a video game? why on earth would you be worried about a video game once you log off?

and you want a video game to give you a "real war experience?" i'm sorry but that won't happen

the best you can do is make rivalries with the other side of the server and have fun blasting each others faces in

pvp is all about a ego measuring competition and that's what drives it, why else would you pvp except to show people that you are better and can kill them before they kill you, or that your group is more coordinated than theirs?

sure you could put a story to it, but i bet all the people who don't care about the story would skip through that part and go straight to the killing and ignore it anyways (aka VS) so what difference would it make?

Edited by bigalroe

Your point is something I've been trying to put my finger on a while. The truth is, many of us are completely unattached and not invested in our characters or our factions - and therefore, the game. Why? Becuase BW created a game where instead of the story flowing through at level cap; it ends. The PvP is disconnected and disjointed because the only pretend PvP in this game are 3 contrived BGs that end in 15 minutes.

Further, the supposed end-game PvP is a joke. Ilum isn't Pvp. Most people don't even speak in BGs or Ilum other than to troll someone. Why speak when everyone is just standing in a pile on some uninspired, laggy landscape? The only thing we're at war with? Gear bags, lol.

Bottom line. I feel no attachment to my character in terms of her place in the game and in PvP. What BW created is a hamster wheel for pretty lackluster and cookie cutter gear, not a PvP-centric game with two factions warring.

It's uninspiring and uninteresting.

Yeah. I enjoyed the story - not loads but it was OK. I play a BH so Mako seemed fun if whiney.

Now though? The PvP just doesn't feel engaging like 'I'm out-playing these guys because I'm GOOD' ... more like if they knew how to play their character then it would be pretty much 50/50 who came out on top.

The only reason I care about WZ wins anymore is the extra Valor, I don't think 'Yeah! This is awesome for my faction!'

As a DPS, getting the 300K Damage in a match was a real thrill at first ... then you realise the key is just mash buttons lol ...