Another Beregrin Emp-side PvP topic

siegeshot

Just got out of another Void Star. They had 4 of the top 5 DPS, They had the three top heals. We got absolutely DEMOLISHED. We didn't even get past the first door.

This is an absolutely typical match. This is 9 out of every 10 matches. And this was against another Empire!

Bio. Please run the metrics. There's no way the match maker is working as intended. Then couple this with the other outstanding PvP issues including getting removed just before Civil War losses, my weekly disappearing at 8 out of 9 wins. Redistribution of gear costs. The WZ's not being smart enough to know when we're past the point of being able to win........

I know you guys on the last vidcast said you loved PvP. You've got to check Beregrin Colony. There's no way it's working as intended. We can't keep good players because everyone's so sick of it, and the good players are seemingly randomly tossed between two sides with no rhyme or reason and thus stomp the other side.

Matchmaking should be leveling out the teams at least somewhat. 90% of the matches I play are HORRIBLY one-sided. Empire used to be awesome for PvP. Something went wrong somewhere. It's not working now.

Making a premade and stomping everyone else isn't the solution for this problem. Please check the metrics and make the matchmaking more intelligent. Check past DPS, balance it out. Check past healing. balance it out. Check for entry PvP gear, balance it out. Check for objectives, balance it out.

Please! Literally ANYTHING would be better than what it is now.

From what I understand there is NO match making system currently... other than the obvious system of match people between the levels of 10-49 and then put the 50's together.

However they HAVE announced that there is a match making system being implemented soon. Most likely with 1.7 from the sound of it.

I'm curious who the 4/5 best dps are who just also happen to be imperials lol. From the sound of it you were fighting a premade. I played a similar match on imp my alt tonight, I might have been in that one if it was 50s.

Additionally I will say that while I personally don't care whether I fight premades or not, it does seem weird that you can have premades on both faction (4 mans) queue and they won't ever fight each other in most cases. Had this happen a lot earlier today, I was in a premade on the pub side with some friends, we were teamed up with a guild premade for like 3 matches or so. First two matches were against imperial pugs. Last was against another premade. Although according to the post above, it seems like matchmaking isn't implemented yet.

I'm curious who the 4/5 best dps are who just also happen to be imperials lol. From the sound of it you were fighting a premade. I played a similar match on imp my alt tonight, I might have been in that one if it was 50s.

Additionally I will say that while I personally don't care whether I fight premades or not, it does seem weird that you can have premades on both faction (4 mans) queue and they won't ever fight each other in most cases. Had this happen a lot earlier today, I was in a premade on the pub side with some friends, we were teamed up with a guild premade for like 3 matches or so. First two matches were against imperial pugs. Last was against another premade. Although according to the post above, it seems like matchmaking isn't implemented yet.

I think what I find most amusing about the whole pug vs premade thing is that in the past the Devs specifically stated that they did Not want 8man queues in pvp because they thought Full Premade vs Full Pug would be unfair. Yet, that's Exactly what's happening, just happens to be 2 different good premades vs pugs. In the past week, on The Harbinger, been in all pug matches on both factions, on pub side all pugs vs 2 4man premades of Cookies/Ascendancy, then on imp side all pugs vs 2 goof troop/deadweight 4man premades. Even more hilarious is that I've more frequently seen 2 4man premades of top imp guilds vs all pug imp teams.

If there were any kind of match making system at all, at the very least, the same faction matches would be 4man premade + 4 pug vs 4man premade + 4pug, instead, it's almost Always 2 4man premades vs all pugs.

On a related note, anyone else notice how for some reason 3man premade queues take the longest? When I group with 1 or 3 guildies, no problem, but when just 2, takes 30mins+ for a pop. Must be the system specifically trying to find another 3man and a 2man premade to go against full pug. lol...

Lo I'm pretty sure that 4 of the "top 5" dps in our server arent imps. The imperial faction only has one pvp guild, the republic has like a dozen and I find the players on the republic side to be far more mature (at least in pvp) than our imperial counterparts. I remember reading about an imp who was rping as a repub spy during a hutball match and continuously fire pitted his team's ball carrier. Impside pvp is a joke on this server.