Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Credit Packs

Ylliarus
11.19.2019 , 06:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Its not only about some shady people who do this. There are official honest websites that sell credits, along with time cards, cc codes and common games. Its a bit more complex, these websites actually deal with the gold seller instead of you so they bare the risk, you deal with the website. That makes it all even more comfortable for you.
Game time cards is logical of course, but I wasn't aware there were official, honest sites that sell credits. Curious.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

SteveTheCynic
11.19.2019 , 07:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Game time cards is logical of course, but I wasn't aware there were official, honest sites that sell credits. Curious.
There aren't. They are *otherwise ordinary* sites (selling time cards, cash-shop currency cards, game licenses etc.) who have a slightly "under the counter" side line in in-game currency. It's just as forbidden (by the games' terms of service) to buy credits from them as it is to buy them from dodgy-Chinese-goldfarmer dot com (not a real site, duh), but they look more legitimate, and they *do* present a lower risk of credit card fraud weirdness and similar.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

merovejec
11.19.2019 , 07:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Its supply and demand, that makes stuff legal over time. Same with bitcoin, which is basically a highly risky currency, not officially accepted yet you can buy stuff for them on many normal websites.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

merovejec
11.19.2019 , 07:25 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
There aren't. They are *otherwise ordinary* sites (selling time cards, cash-shop currency cards, game licenses etc.) who have a slightly "under the counter" side line in in-game currency.
Of course there are. Like I said, they just work with the sellers and offer the stuff on their site, its pure business for them.

An example would be in my company. We were an authorized car dealership, which was only selling and servicing the cars of the given brand. We had to only sell original parts and follow original service guidelines that were approved by the manufacturer. We were forbiden to sell "unoriginal parts" only what we get supplied from factory.

However there were things that were just extremely expensive from the manufacturer like car batteries. The original ones costed 300,- euro but you can easily buy the same type of battery for 100,- euro or less. So what we did was buy those batteries and sell them. Sure it was a breach of contract, but there was a lot of money to be made there and we really did sell a lot of that stuff, plus many other such parts. Its just nonsence to limit the business like that since people come with a faulty battery and want a new one right away, not to order one for 300,- euro. If they wouldnt get it from us, they would buy it around the corner for 100,- euro. This way, we make profit and customer is happy.

Same as with this stuff.
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 69015

SteveTheCynic
11.19.2019 , 09:17 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Of course there are. Like I said, they just work with the sellers and offer the stuff on their site, its pure business for them.
There are *not* "official honest sites" that sell in-game currency for real money. That trade is forbidden (for the players) by the Terms of Service of the game (whichever game(1), and especially, in context, SWTOR), no matter who the allegedly "official" and "honest" site is.

Indeed, if the site tries to pass itself off as an "official" supplier of everything that it supplies (including in-game currency), then it is self-evidently dishonest because there's no such thing as an official seller of in-game currency.

(1) Yes, there are games (e.g. GW2) where you can acquire in-game currency by a process of cash=>shop-currency=>in-game-currency, but they still have rules forbidding other channels for acquiring in-game currency for cash.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JennyFlynn
11.19.2019 , 02:59 PM | #26
I enjoy the system WoW has and honestly cannot recall the last time I've seen a gold spammer.

They sell tokens in their game shop for real world currency which can then be traded on the auction house for predetermined price value of in-game gold. This stops people from undercutting one another and the gold value is based on supply vs. demand (and based on average illegal gold selling rates when the tokens first launched).

The tokens themselves can be used to either convert to Blizzard balance (real currency in your account to use in the shops) or to one-month game time. This has allowed people who'd prefer not to, or can't, spend real money on the game or shop to farm gold in-game and then purchase tokens on the AH/GTN, paying for their gameplay with gameplay.

It's genuinely a good system, a win-win for all, and one I'm very happy with. Rift had something similar at one point except their version of tokens could be converted into special cash-shop currency similar to our Cartel Coins.

I'm all for SWTOR implementing something similar.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

merovejec
11.20.2019 , 08:28 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I enjoy the system WoW has and honestly cannot recall the last time I've seen a gold spammer.
This is true indeed.
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 69015