New expantion discussion!

Bengartrell

Let's get the convo started!

Do we like the new expantion? What do you hope this new expantion will accomplish? What do you dislike? etc....

Put it all down below.

My personal feeling is that I hope that what has been shown is just patch 6.0 and not the entire expantion.

Do we like the new expantion? What do you hope this new expantion will accomplish? What do you dislike? etc....

Put it all down below.

My personal feeling is that I hope that what has been shown is just patch 6.0 and not the entire expantion.

I would better know how to answer this if I had more concrete data on what the New Expansion

included: Linky please or a list of detailed information and it's source.

(please don't take this wrong... But in order to give you a more affective response I would need to see facts that would provide a better foundation for discussion!)

I would better know how to answer this if I had more concrete data on what the New Expansion

included: Linky please or a list of detailed information and it's source.

(please don't take this wrong... But in order to give you a more affective response I would need to see facts that would provide a better foundation for discussion!)

There is an article on this website you can read. I'd also recommend watching a stream of the cantina.

There is an article on this website you can read. I'd also recommend watching a stream of the cantina.

Already did ! And I found some of that information interesting. I'm waiting to see how some of the dialogue provided on the subject (in another thread) ... actually translates into the game.

I just hope that fixing a number of the bugs that have been around for a while get fixed in the wake of the new horizion.

Put it all down below.

Do we like the new expansion?

I can't answer that without more info and the end of that announcement mentions more info on the way. Ask this again later in the year.

What do you hope this new expansion will accomplish?

Never to doubt Bioware to push through despite the super long odds!

• 4 weeks later...
I'm very excited for it. This game needed it and I'm thrilled Keith found a way to get it done. I may not agree with everything he's done, or does, but he's going to breathe new life into this game...AND release enough little things that us crusty old vets don't get too frustrated. ;)

I'm very excited for it. This game needed it and I'm thrilled Keith found a way to get it done. I may not agree with everything he's done, or does, but he's going to breathe new life into this game...AND release enough little things that us crusty old vets don't get too frustrated. ;)

This Keith must be better for the Star Wars franchise than anyone Disney ever hired.

It's difficult to say cause we don't have much concrete information yet.

From what we know, i am obviously not happy with the ammount of planets, though i know this is about what we ever had in swtor expansions, and as far as zones go, I hope it's at least comparable to shadow of revan.

We will get new skills for classes, and that is a big plus for me. Classes are the most fun thing in this game.

What i do hope it also brings is more engine improvements, especially from a technical pov. Bug fixes, wich we have heard there will be, and much needed quality of life improvements, like being able to make the cursor bigger, make your target nameplate more pronounced and honestly, i'd like to see tanks and healers marked by the game on raid frames. I don't get why it only shows up in flashpoints.

I am a bit disappointed we didn't get a new class. I think the game needs that sort of excitement to bring more people in.

Aside from that, as important as an expansion is, the content cadence that follows it is just as important. I hope we are in for good support. Better than we have seen before at any rate. I would like to see a planet and an operation every 6 months, but it might be unrealistic. Hope it's not though.

Edited by Nemmar

The gear system sounds a lot like WoW's BFA gearing system where abilities and passives are selected from the gear.

Keep WoW toxicity to WoW please. It's nothing like it. It's a NEW gear slot that has ONE ability. Nothing at all like WoW, wich doesn't even have set bonuses anymore.

And honestly, without azerite gear WoW classes would be even more boring than they are. Customisation is a really good thing. Having to unlock stuff in the gear you already earned is not.

Edited by Nemmar

What I would like is for Port Knowhere to become a place everybody can go and not just be part of the smuggler storyline. Also, maybe put a stronghold there as well.

I would like to know what happened to Moff Pyron. If they don't plan on getting rid of the alliance maybe make a side mission where he is in wild space and we can recruit him into the alliance.

I would be cool to have more romanceable characters. I'd like to see Shae Vizla, Darth Hexid, MAster Ranos, pretty much any companion we have would be nice. lol Probably not likely to happen but just a thought. If Khem Val is a LI anybody should be.

The other thing is what ever the expansion is size wise don't try to wrap up the entire empire vs. republic in this expansion. Feel free to come out with more material like the chapters were in vanilla. Maybe dedicate 3 expansions to the conflict. Just a thought.

What I would like is for Port Knowhere to become a place everybody can go and not just be part of the smuggler storyline. Also, maybe put a stronghold there as well. Just a thought.

I Love This Idea! Mayhaps A Neutral Port, To Emp & Rep.?????