Not All Premades are Created Equal

DarthBror

Pax is a large guild, with PVE carebears, crafter, PVPrs. etc. Occasionally guild members that never PVP or are on Alts que with us. Im sure this is the case for many guilds. After all we are not on a PVP server. Not every member of every guild is expected to be a geared out beast.

I say this only because of the experience I came across last night. There was an individual who decided it was more important to troll us and complain then work cooperatively. The group we were against was a double premade of GG and AB, so being as competitve as possible was really our main objective.

The point is..

Dont assume that everyone with a paticular guild tag is the same. There are a few guilds that are very specific to PVP. However, Pax and others like us, are a community first. Skill and Gear and never a prerequisite or requirement for participation in any guild activty. (Aside from Progression raids and Ranked WZs).

Suppose there isnt much point in asking you politely (you know who you are) to keep your inflamatory comments and negativity to youself. Just realize you look like a total DoucheBag, yelling at recruit geared toons instead of showing guidence and working coheasively.

I usually dont condone leaving a WZ, However.... If your gonna get that worked and feel the need to be a total *** hat, then quit the WZ. Maybe even log and go make a sandwich.

Dont assume that everyone with a paticular guild tag is the same. There are a few guilds that are very specific to PVP. However, Pax and others like us, are a community first. Skill and Gear and never a prerequisite or requirement for participation in any guild activty. (Aside from Progression raids and Ranked WZs).

The Azure Blades echoes this sentiment and I hope everyone on our side of the match was respectful. Obviously you couldn't see what was going on in Ops chat for the pubs, but I do hope nothing inappropriate was said in "say" or whatever.

The Azure Blades echoes this sentiment and I hope everyone on our side of the match was respectful. Obviously you couldn't see what was going on in Ops chat for the pubs, but I do hope nothing inappropriate was said in "say" or whatever.

Not at all. I have seen nothing but sportmenship and respect from AB.. +1

I didnt get upset about the faceroll. It is what it is.

I do get upset when people start the "blame game" and troll the whole team because they cant stand to lose. If you cant control yourself and need to rage. do it off mic/out of ops chat. Your not helping things any. If fact the opposite. When your team is out geared and skilled, the last thing you need to do is demoralize them with rude comments and infighting.

Not at all. I have seen nothing but sportmenship and respect from AB.. +1

I didnt get upset about the faceroll. It is what it is.

I do get upset when people start the "blame game" and troll the whole team because they cant stand to lose. If you cant control yourself and need to rage. do it off mic/out of ops chat. Your not helping things any. If fact the opposite. When your team is out geared and skilled, the last thing you need to do is demoralize them with rude comments and infighting.

well, i can say I'm definitely guilty of "hating" on my undergeared compatriots especially when I see the team on the other side all bubbled running out of spawn, or w/e. but i try and keep it at least polite. If people say "the other team is hacking" I respond: "No, you are just vastly outmatched by this premade." Had a Civil War like that where people were stating that we were doing fine, until they got overwhelmed....*wut?* And I said, "it's because 4 of our players have 15k hp."

I admit I am a bastard sometimes and should encourage the new 50s to keep queueing and gearing, but for some reason pub side (except late night) seems to be a lot of solo queuers up against a double premade and it gets frustrating.

Guess it cuts both ways at times.

Edited by Drazzen

I would rather have a player in recruit gear trying to be as competitive as possible than some douche in full EWH not playing objectives honestly. I don't have an issue with people who aren't geared, I only get frustrated when nobody at all is playing objectives on my team.

Not here but on PTS yesterday I was in a Huttball match neither side was playing. I died with the ball and there was a big fight going on in mid with nobody grabbing it. I waited from the time I respawned, and for the timer and got back to mid. I got to mid, grabbed the ball and scored without 1 person ever trying to stop me from their team or help me from mine. Now we did end up winning, but it was still kind of dumb that nobody was trying at all.

I would rather have a player in recruit gear trying to be as competitive as possible than some douche in full EWH not playing objectives honestly. I don't have an issue with people who aren't geared, I only get frustrated when nobody at all is playing objectives on my team.

Not here but on PTS yesterday I was in a Huttball match neither side was playing. I died with the ball and there was a big fight going on in mid with nobody grabbing it. I waited from the time I respawned, and for the timer and got back to mid. I got to mid, grabbed the ball and scored without 1 person ever trying to stop me from their team or help me from mine. Now we did end up winning, but it was still kind of dumb that nobody was trying at all.

There's a ton of bad QQ on those forums, it bewilders me.

To play devil's advocate, I'd argue that it's okay to somewhat ignore objectives because it's the PTS. The first dozen or so matches there, I was wondering why no one was playing objectives or even bothering to get our natural turret, so I ended up node sitting whole matches, as a Merc nonetheless. But the entire purpose of playing on the PTS is to test out the new classes, talents, abilities, mechanics, etc. and if I never even get the chance to do that then it's not really worth it to be testing there.

Edited by Jenzali

To play devil's advocate, I'd argue that it's okay to somewhat ignore objectives because it's the PTS. The first dozen or so matches there, I was wondering why no one was playing objectives or even bothering to get our natural turret, so I ended up node sitting whole matches, as a Merc nonetheless. But the entire purpose of playing on the PTS is to test out the new classes, talents, abilities, mechanics, etc. and if I never even get the chance to do that then it's not really worth it to be testing there.

I agree with Dash here. I've played a lot of matches on the PTS and ended up sitting the node as a Juggernaut for nearly all of them.... Le sigh.

Edited by Sindol

As far as the PTS goes it makes sense to me that people will fight and test the classes rather than the objectives, if the warzone ends quickly the testing is done for that warzone. As far as the premades go I tend to group with rl friends when we get together, I don't consider us really good but we do tend to win more often than lose (We're only playing sub-50 right now ) but when something happens we rage amongst ourselves but we keep everything positive in the ops/say chat.

Frankly, that is the problem with sPvP in SWTOR and they should follow what many of the new MMOs are doing. It shouldn't be based on gear, it should be based on talent and skill. If everyone goes in with the same gear, it is all about how good you are with your skill set. That is what SWTOR did wrong. Before I quit for 6 months, I had a PT with high valor and almost full war hero gear and I still felt this way. It shouldn't be gear progression, it should be skill progression.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think TOR is the first game to do gear rewards for PvP. The Expertise stat, however, is the issue. On the other hand, without it hardcore PvPers would be at a disadvantage against hardcore raiders who PvP.

Flattening the boosts provided by Expertise may even things up, admittedly. But there are other issues to deal with.

As for not all premades being made equal.... that's even presuming it's a premade. I can't count how many times my guild has had multiple people queue up and end up together without intention.

As for not all premades being made equal.... that's even presuming it's a premade. I can't count how many times my guild has had multiple people queue up and end up together without intention.

This is also true, many times I've ended up in warzones with the same people and after a couple matches we decide to group up and have come to play together quite often after that.