Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What to do about a level 51 idiot

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What to do about a level 51 idiot
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SteveTheCynic
06.23.2019 , 02:56 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
The level 51 is scaled down to starter planet maximum level. I don't see a problem here.
Even if the 51's ability list and stat set was pruned to be that of a level 12 (starter planet maximum level), which it isn't, the character would still be able to instasquish a level 6.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

BellumEstBellum
06.23.2019 , 07:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Katpoohtoo View Post
On Tython I'm playing my new character which is level 6 and some level 51 idiot keeps harassing me for a duel. Some of my other characters could wipe the floor with him, but of course my level 6 can't. My high-level characters would feel too much shame challenging a low level character to a duel. How on earth can this level 51 guy think that he's some kind of champion by dueling with single-digit characters?? That's kind of sad.
Use the ignore function in chat, and report him for spamming. He'd have to use another character to harass you after that, if he does, contact the moderators, and keep ignoring him in chat until something is done about it.

Pirana
06.23.2019 , 09:04 AM | #13
As mentioned already, use the ignore function, then bust out the 'clubdance' emote in front of them. Have fun with the 'idiots'.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

istvana
06.23.2019 , 12:22 PM | #14
Over many years there have been requests to have an auto-ignore for duel requests. I have played many MMOs and this is the only one I can think of that does *not* have that.

It is a totally incomprehensible design decision.

SteveTheCynic
06.23.2019 , 01:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by istvana View Post
Over many years there have been requests to have an auto-ignore for duel requests. I have played many MMOs and this is the only one I can think of that does *not* have that.

It is a totally incomprehensible design decision.
It is, indeed, totally incomprehensible, but at least it allows SWTOR to serve as a concrete example of "game that doesn't allow auto-decline for duels" when people suggest adding duelling to GW2. Duelling is antithetical to an assortment of GW2 design principles, but the suggesters often assume that "of course" an autodecline function would be included. I can currently use SWTOR as an example of why one should not assume that auto-decline would be included.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

IzumiCurtis
06.23.2019 , 02:53 PM | #16
I've found that pointing out the level difference in gen chat tends to help. Because then other players tend to tell off the offending person.
Need a referral? Click the following link! http://www.swtor.com/r/LggkN9

Kissakias
06.24.2019 , 02:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Duels are the one thing in the game that still doesn't have an auto-decline. It's most irritating.
why i got the feeling that is IN the game, i think i saw it near the auto-ignore group and such.
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--62000-achievement points--

PiiTarr
06.24.2019 , 11:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
why i got the feeling that is IN the game, i think i saw it near the auto-ignore group and such.
Unless they added it recently without mentioning it in the patch notes, it's not in the game.

IoNonSoEVero
06.24.2019 , 12:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
I just double-checked. It's definitely not there, although everything else under the sun has an auto-decline.

Considering how many people have asked for it, I would think they'd announce it when and if they finally added this.

EricMusco
06.24.2019 , 02:13 PM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey!

I would definitely use some of the advice that others have posted here. Ignore the player and if they are being harassing, definitely report them in-game. I suspect the team is already aware but I am going to raise it up that there is no auto-decline for duel requests.

Thanks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]