Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Progression Double-Monetized in 6.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Progression Double-Monetized in 6.0?

FlatTax
06.14.2019 , 02:37 PM | #1
Now that XP and CXP are earned concurrently, but boosted separately, we're looking at needing two consumables at a time for un-nerfed progression, on top of the $155.88 we pay year over year, for a 'premium' experience.

I'm guessing Renown level-drops will feed Amps and Augments (either directly, or with rare components), much as GC levels feed Aug components now, and create a far worse pay-to-win incentive for end-game gear than we have now. I don't even want to get started on the cynicism of the claim Amps are 'optional,' and 'not necessary.'

Have the Devs commented on monetized progression at all?

SteveTheCynic
06.14.2019 , 03:54 PM | #2
XP and CXP are not earned concurrently. That is, you do not earn Command Experience while earning ordinary Experience.

CXP and *CQP* are earned concurrently for level 70s. XP and CQP are earned concurrently for level 1-69s, although it doesn't seem to work for XP earned from killing foes.

(CQP == ConQuest Points)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

FlatTax
06.14.2019 , 04:14 PM | #3
The last Dev-stream was pretty clear; a percentage of XP will be earned concurrently as CXP (edit: in 6.0), and they confirmed the continued use of boosts.

Suzsi
06.14.2019 , 04:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FlatTax View Post
The last Dev-stream was pretty clear; a percentage of XP will be earned concurrently as CXP (edit: in 6.0), and they confirmed the continued use of boosts.
Isn't CXP being scrapped in 6.0? Changed to Renown XP instead?

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

FlatTax
06.14.2019 , 04:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Isn't CXP being scrapped in 6.0? Changed to Renown XP instead?
They're using both terms, for now. The dev's PowerPoint used CXP in their last stream. Re: concurrent XP/CXP, it's at about the 56min mark.

robertthebard
06.14.2019 , 05:09 PM | #6
Now that XP and CXP are earned concurrently, but boosted separately, we're looking at needing two consumables at a time for un-nerfed progression, on top of the $155.88 we pay year over year, for a 'premium' experience.

I'm guessing Renown level-drops will feed Amps and Augments (either directly, or with rare components), much as GC levels feed Aug components now, and create a far worse pay-to-win incentive for end-game gear than we have now. I don't even want to get started on the cynicism of the claim Amps are 'optional,' and 'not necessary.'

Have the Devs commented on monetized progression at all?
I've got a stack of about 30 Major XP boosts that I got from completing story missions, that cost me 0.00. The monetization scheme sucks...
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Sarlegant
06.14.2019 , 05:50 PM | #7
XP, all the way to 75... how many days is that gonna take, even for a casual, I expect no more than 5 days.

I doubt I'll even use a xp boost. I will log my 7 alts, just to get their rested started, while I level out my main.

FlatTax
06.14.2019 , 06:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarlegant View Post
XP, all the way to 75... how many days is that gonna take, even for a casual, I expect no more than 5 days.

I doubt I'll even use a xp boost. I will log my 7 alts, just to get their rested started, while I level out my main.
If I understand correctly, XP is still calculated at max level, and a percentage of that will convert to CXP. The compounding effect of XP and CXP boosts will be a marked advantage if Renown drops feed end-game gearing.

robertthebard
06.15.2019 , 08:03 AM | #9
If I understand correctly, XP is still calculated at max level, and a percentage of that will convert to CXP. The compounding effect of XP and CXP boosts will be a marked advantage if Renown drops feed end-game gearing.
So? Going forward from here, it's just a number. Since the new crates are going to award relevant to your current gear score, instead of your rank, and you can't get that Renown until cap anyway. At that point, the end rewards will become Renown, and you'll still earn Conquest according to what the XP would have been. I can verify this last, since as an experiment, I used a Major XP boost on a capped toon, and went Conquest farming. The Conquest rewards were higher with the XP boost than w/out. The current Command XP boosts can be purchased on the Fleet, so I'd imagine that the new boosts will simply replace the old ones.

So, as monetization schemes go, this one is rather pathetic. Everything's tied to XP, and XP boosts are literally free. Other than epeen stroking, the "rank" in Renown is meaningless, so how fast, or slowly, one acquires it is irrelevant to gearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Visorknight
06.15.2019 , 08:07 AM | #10
Unlimited renown ranks allows them to then reward top renown levels players with rewards such as seasonal titles prizes etc. If they does this like diablo 3 paragon levels, technically, which also means boosts to reknown will sell very well on cartel market.