Horrible play

LegendaryQuan

The level of play on the imp side of the bastion is just terrible. I hear people saying they are going to transfer here for "high level play" and the like and the server (along with pot5) is supposed to be the highest level of play that exists in the game but...the level of play is atrocious. The average player on my original small server would be a top 20 player on the bastion right now. Hey Im MVP is literally the only imp guild that isnt filled with back peddling, keyboard turning, clickers who have no idea how to run objectives, any kind of map awareness, or most of them even how to play their class/spec.

I feel like half the server is dps sorcs who play all day everyday and still manage to put up a whopping 100k dmg in a 15 minute wz...Read a guide, watch a video, grow a brain, learn to play! If youre going to sit here all day losing warzones for your team then put in 10 minutes of your life into learning something about your class.

For the people thinking of transferring to the bastion when server xfers are available and are expecting a high level of play...I ASSURE YOU that you will NOT find it here from about 95% of the active pvpers on the imp side.

HORRIBLE PLAY!

While you might be right in a lot of your claims, it does no good to discourage potential transfers. This server *needs* competition. I hope people do come here because there is a lot of talent remaining. A lot of them just need to be unified.

Perhaps you had a bad string of pugs, it definitely does happen. But I've also seen a lot of skilled players, even if they're not in a high-profile guild.

Find some friends you do like playing with, group up with them, play some rateds, and prosper.

There's bad players in every mmo.

Edited by Morde_

The level of play on the imp side of the bastion is just terrible. I hear people saying they are going to transfer here for "high level play" and the like and the server (along with pot5) is supposed to be the highest level of play that exists in the game but...the level of play is atrocious. The average player on my original small server would be a top 20 player on the bastion right now. Hey Im MVP is literally the only imp guild that isnt filled with back peddling, keyboard turning, clickers who have no idea how to run objectives, any kind of map awareness, or most of them even how to play their class/spec.

I feel like half the server is dps sorcs who play all day everyday and still manage to put up a whopping 100k dmg in a 15 minute wz...Read a guide, watch a video, grow a brain, learn to play! If youre going to sit here all day losing warzones for your team then put in 10 minutes of your life into learning something about your class.

For the people thinking of transferring to the bastion when server xfers are available and are expecting a high level of play...I ASSURE YOU that you will NOT find it here from about 95% of the active pvpers on the imp side.

HORRIBLE PLAY!

Who are you?

Lately Ive been playing my fresh 50 recruits both on the Empire and Republic. I have got to say that I am having a much better time on my Republic alt than on my Imp alt. PUGs tend to be a lot worse on the empire side, i seriously got like 4 wins in 20 PUG games in my recruit. Its like Ajunta Pall all over again... So in terms of PUGs the Imps do seem worse... Thank goodness for premades.

Bads are everywhere you go, though. You just cant get away from them. Ive ran into complaints about rampant bads on every server ive played on; dont expect the grass to be somewhere else.

I'm a new player, been playing about 6 weeks now. I have to agree with this assessment, unfortunately. I came from WoW (which admittely obviously has a large unskilled player base) from a PVP server, and also did ranked arenas.

So basically, I'm a fresh 50 in pretty much recruit gear, and I'm doing more damage than most of my team (I'm playing an imp agent) and oftentimes I'm the only one trying to burn down a healer, or kill the one carrying the huttball.

It's very frustrating, coming to a PVP server I was expecting that there would just be a little more skill. I see that skill, on the Pub side, but that's probably more so that they're premade grouping vs our uncoordinated monkey mess.

Its definately not just a problem on the imp side.

Its very very rare on the republic side to find anyone who doesnt try to kill their way to a huttball win or who zergs one door till the timer runs out in void star or runs to "defend" the node thats currently being capped by 7 imps instead of just capping their other node in denova or alderan.

The level of stupidity shown by people with hours and hours worth of gear in this game is just astounding. And i cringe to think what it will be like when we are infested with the f2p virus.

Right now i just cross my fingers and pray the imps we are up against are dumber than the guys im stuck with.

Edited by Mallorik

HORRIBLE PLAY!

Kid, is your father Perpendicular? You take after him with your nonsensical postings. If you're judging server skill on regular WZs I feel sad for you. RWZ have some good competition, but they have finally started dying again.

What is even funnier is when you say anything people tell you to **** on imp side. K take your 2 Warzones and ****

lol, this I'll totally agree with, people are so much nicer on pub side. However, 'tis the Sith way, just tryin to stay in character guy!

I'm a new player, been playing about 6 weeks now. I have to agree with this assessment, unfortunately. I came from WoW (which admittely obviously has a large unskilled player base) from a PVP server, and also did ranked arenas.

So basically, I'm a fresh 50 in pretty much recruit gear, and I'm doing more damage than most of my team (I'm playing an imp agent) and oftentimes I'm the only one trying to burn down a healer, or kill the one carrying the huttball.

It's very frustrating, coming to a PVP server I was expecting that there would just be a little more skill. I see that skill, on the Pub side, but that's probably more so that they're premade grouping vs our uncoordinated monkey mess.

see thats the problem alot of people make. PVP server does not mean warzone skill. All a pvp server means is people like to partake in owpvp and ganking. doesn't mean they are skilled in a team environment. Most people who roll pvp servers are actually quite bad. Sure they might be good at owpvp but warzones are a completely different animal.

see thats the problem alot of people make. PVP server does not mean warzone skill. All a pvp server means is people like to partake in owpvp and ganking. doesn't mean they are skilled in a team environment. Most people who roll pvp servers are actually quite bad. Sure they might be good at owpvp but warzones are a completely different animal.

Not necessarily true, people don't know when they're just starting the game that the pvp server just means you can gank people. Many people join pvp servers thinking that is the focus of the server and that there will be more options to pvp and have some kind of meaningful world pvp. They don't realize that Bioware has completely abandoned the pvp scene despite their statements that they realize pvp is a big draw in this game :cool:

Edited by Squidkidz

Theres great players and bad ones on every server. Did you have a bad run of WZ's? Happens to all no matter what server your on. If someone is having trouble in WZ's and if you are the 5% maybe help them with advice. Edited by Philastra

Server has bad and good players like any other server in the world. If you want to meet a really good player, look for me at the top of the charts every match :D --Karmapopo

Thats one of the problems, most people dont realize that the bad players and the reason you lost the wz is usualy the person at the "top of the charts" you know the ******* that runs to the node with 7 imps taking it so he can get a few ae's off, or the guy that chases people to "get that kill" while the other teams caps the node or door he just left.

As everyone has stated, there's good and bads on every server on every faction. I'm on the pub faction and just a few nights ago was playing huttball and saw two guardians running around mid, not being rooted, snared, or stunned in any way, and didn't bother grabbing the huttball in the middle. I tried my best to reach it myself (I was in combat), but I literally watched enemy team walk right up to it and take it unimpeded. I was in disbelief that they were just standing there not doing anything. Yes, I was with a premade but there's only so much we can do since we were setting up for passes and attacking healers.

Anyway, this isn't qq. I'm just saying that bads are everywhere. It sucks, I hate it. But I suck it up and move on and try not to rage quit (even though I wanted to so bad). We ended up losing 6-2, and my premade of course made the scores, barely. I try to stick to rated with my guild when I get the chance.