Crushing Blow nerf, who else is annoyed

Jorannas

Well, i'm not. If i had doubts about full immortal before i read the patch, they're gone now. Bye immortal, hello hybrid.

i thank god im moving all my gear to dps before this patch. wont have it fully done with camp gear till later, but im not tanking anymore. thank god.

Worst part of this is reading Devs in previous QA saying that White damage does more damage because it can be mitigated so acording to that logic juggs should be the hardest hitting tank but hey you know what? we arent, and those of you who think that ppl shouldnt whine about this think this, the game is

a) not limited to pve

b) not limited to group content

c) Not balanced.

Well... I reserved my judgement on all of this 1.3 stuff until I actually got to use it. I tank Nightmare Mode EV and KP weekly and really didn't have a major problem holding agro at all. Tonight, we go to EV and agro is bouncing all over the entire team as I cannot manage to hold it. I'm in mostly Rakata and Black Hole with a piece of War Hero thrown in because I like the stats better than the stupid surge on my Rakata chest. I have 1 piece of columni but it has lvl 25 mods in it... pretty good gear for a tank and fully spec'd into immortal. After finding that the epic fail that is now my ability to tank was revealed I asked the powertech OT to gear up and tank. Never really paid attention, but he's in Columni... no Rakata... lower end relics, ear and implants. We were only on hardmode so figured he'd be okay. He geared up and needless to say he had about 2k more health than I did with the same buffs and stim, and his armor rating was, I believe, about 230 points higher and a couple of percent on defense. Okay, fine... so they get more from their gear than we do... we know they hit a lot harder. But low and behold he held agro like a champ. I am now completely disgusted with the Juggernaut to the point that I am seriously regretting the fact that I subscribed for 6 months. I wished I had listened to the CSR's advice to play the game for a bit first... big mistake. If any of you boneheads at Bioware read this, play a Jugg sometime and see if you can figure out what the hell you did to them. I don't care if I can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag, but good grief, at least let me have the highest mitigation and threat generation. Right now and even before 1.3... we were the worst tanks and still are... good game Bioware.

As an end-game PvE jug tank, I went in expecting to find the nerf to CB to be, well, crushing. I expected to hit those close enrage timers, to cry as my admittedly pitiful attacks barely tickled Kephess, but surprisingly, I found myself loving the new CB.

It really meshes well with the buffs to smash and what not, and it still keeps the boss on you like sweat on a fat kid.

My DPS, according to several parsers over several different EC HM fights, dropped maybe 30-40 dps, surpiseingly enough.

As an Immortal jugg in warzones who would guard a team healer, I am incredibly disappointed. The loss on SSM, crushing blow, and backhand has made it difficult to even pressure people to grab attention, let alone kill.

I dumped the spec for Veng. Now I have less DPS and less survivability then a marauder!

Thanks Bioware. Time for a reroll.

Well... I reserved my judgement on all of this 1.3 stuff until I actually got to use it. I tank Nightmare Mode EV and KP weekly and really didn't have a major problem holding agro at all. Tonight, we go to EV and agro is bouncing all over the entire team as I cannot manage to hold it. I'm in mostly Rakata and Black Hole with a piece of War Hero thrown in because I like the stats better than the stupid surge on my Rakata chest. I have 1 piece of columni but it has lvl 25 mods in it... pretty good gear for a tank and fully spec'd into immortal. After finding that the epic fail that is now my ability to tank was revealed I asked the powertech OT to gear up and tank. Never really paid attention, but he's in Columni... no Rakata... lower end relics, ear and implants. We were only on hardmode so figured he'd be okay. He geared up and needless to say he had about 2k more health than I did with the same buffs and stim, and his armor rating was, I believe, about 230 points higher and a couple of percent on defense. Okay, fine... so they get more from their gear than we do... we know they hit a lot harder. But low and behold he held agro like a champ. I am now completely disgusted with the Juggernaut to the point that I am seriously regretting the fact that I subscribed for 6 months. I wished I had listened to the CSR's advice to play the game for a bit first... big mistake. If any of you boneheads at Bioware read this, play a Jugg sometime and see if you can figure out what the hell you did to them. I don't care if I can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag, but good grief, at least let me have the highest mitigation and threat generation. Right now and even before 1.3... we were the worst tanks and still are... good game Bioware.

If you can't hold threat with +100% threat from Soresu form, you probably should never have been tanking in the first place. They made it EASIER to tank, not Harder. In my opinion, either your guild was trolling you with taunts from off tank classes or you were just not doing it right. Tanking is plain and simple brainlessly easy at this point in the game.